Where does the Bible say the Temple will be rebuilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God's answer to the OP,

(1Co 6:19)
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

satan will argue against this though
What! Know ye not that Adam was the first temple of God made without hands?

What! Know ye not that Jesus Christ is the Temple of God's Glory?

What! Know ye not that Jesus, the Christ come in flesh as the Chief Foundation Stone of the second temple made for the Glory -without hands- honored not only the first temple, Adam, as made in the image of God the Word who was to come [Romans 5:14], even after the fall; but honored Herod's remodeled second temple made with hands as God's house, even though the Glory had never returned to the Holy of Holies which left the first temple in Ezekiel 10..
What! Know ye not what God doeth?

Upvote 0
H

Heavens

(1Co 3:16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

(Joh 2:20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

(Joh 2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

(Rom 12:5) So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

(1Co 6:15) Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?

(1Co 10:16) The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

(1Co 10:17) For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

(1Co 11:29) For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(1Co 3:16)

Don't you understand God's Word and rightly divide it, ever?

He over turned the tables of the money changers in the temple made with hands, which He said was His Father's house, and a house of prayer for all nations.

Mark 11
15And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
16And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
17And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Jhn 2:13
And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
Psa 69:9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
Isaiah 56
56Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Upvote 0

son_flower

rose from the desert
Feb 25, 2010
Mount Zion
✟15,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
right, but they can reinstate what they feel is holy and men have been known to make their own choice , serving their own will..............it's happened at least twice in history....:p

sorry to be sarcastic but I'm trying to bring a point across........ but now both of you are saying in effect that God will force his will in the end time and take away free will and choice from these jews..................will he also force the same on the man of sin or will that part of the prophecy be fulfilled ?? for that matter why not force his will on all of mankind before great tribulation begins, if for no other reason, saving a lot of destruction and bloodshed throughout the world

your premise and your logic just isn't working unless maybe you're seeing it through the calvinist view and no choice can be made anyway

Just because someone 'feels' like making something holy doesn't make it holy.

My choice to believe you are wearing pink slippers does not make it fact.

What Scripture defines as the Holy Place, is the Holy Place.

Upvote 0
H

Heavens

(Mat 7:24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

(1Co 10:4) And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

(1Pe 2:5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

That old temple "house" means nothing in Christ. The Jews profaned it. Which is why Christ destroyed it, so that the true house, the "spiritual house" is established within the temple bodies of Christians, the true Israel of God, as all the Law and the Prophets foretold.

(Mat 21:13) And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Therefore it was destroyed;

(Mat 23:38) Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

But of course, there is always the enemy trying to crawl back into that old house through some other means than through Christ. His sheep knows this;

(Joh 10:1) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

(which is why Jesus chased the Jewish "thiefs" out of the old condemned house of God as above)

(Joh 10:2) But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
(Joh 10:3) To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
(Joh 10:4) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
(Joh 10:5) And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
(Joh 10:6) This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

His Sheep ARE the "HOUSE" of Israel;

(Mat 15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Which are the Christians only;

(Gal 6:16) And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Which is these people in this House;

(Joh 14:2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Knowing this, is why we Israelites believe;

(Act 2:36) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Who dwells in our Temple bodies, as I've already posted the Lord's Word on that earlier.

Jesus' House is the House of David built, which is Christians Bodies, a Spiritual House as Promised and fulfilled per Holy Writ;

(Act 7:48) Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
(Act 7:49) Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Which, again, is THIS House of our Christian bodies;

(2Co 5:1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

A Heavenly House we are :) The Temple of the Livign God !!

(2Co 5:2) For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

Finally, if there is any question about God's message which His Children just LOVE...

(1Ti 3:15) But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

The Temple House of God, is the church! There it is :)

We are Christ's House;

(Heb 3:6) But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Fulfilling these scriptures in us, Who we are!;

(Heb 8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

(Heb 8:10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

One House! Nor more division between Israel and Judah in Christ! Praise the Lord! We are all one in Christ!

(Heb 10:21) And having an high priest over the house of God;

Peter says it nicely too. As he points out, this Temple "House" is US! A great mystery revealed! We are the very "stones" of which Israels "Temple" is US! And we are the King-Priests ministering in God's "House"!

(1Pe 2:5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Praise Jesus that He has revealed these awesome truths to us His Children, that we may praise Him!

(Mat 11:25) At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

(2Co 5:1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

A Heavenly House we are The Temple of the Livign God !!
The Strange Case of the Dissappearing Temple: Not eternal in the Heavens? [or just Scripture out of context?]

You posted a bunch of Scriptures that are out of context to the thread.
However, I left this one for you so as to tell us just what is going to happen to this temple/building/house, because in the New Creation, there is no more temple but God and the Lamb.

Rev 21:22
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Now you have another problem, and must needs to isolate more Scripture without considering context.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

Heavens

Hello, like the Temple WAS rebuilt?

Why does it have to be rebuilt a THIRD time?

Good question :) Since we know that the Temple is Christ's Body, which is the Church a.k.a "spiritual house", and is being built daily when believers come in;

Any other view is of this spirit;

(Tit 1:14) Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

(Act 28:24) And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
(Act 28:25) And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
(Act 28:26) Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
(Act 28:27) For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
(Act 28:28) Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
(Act 28:29) And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, like the Temple WAS rebuilt?

Why does it have to be rebuilt a THIRD time?
God commands it of His namesake people of the New Man name when they come into the promised land. The temple is a type and shadow of that which is to come, and until everything written is fulfilled, which will not happen until the end of this creation and the beginning of the New, then Israel must keep the Oracles as given to them by Moses, of the pattern of the things in heaven.
Until the 8th day, there is a created temple in heaven where God sits on His created throne, and the earthly temple types it, and only the namesake people are commanded to keep the oracles until they are all fulfilled, to the last jot and tittle of them.
The Atonement is finished once for all, but the Day of Atonement will be kept in the millennial reign as a memorial feast, as Jeremiah says, and the Ark of the Covenant will not be in that temple nor come to mind, says Jeremiah, but that day will be a grand celebration of what Christ has done, for the thousand year reign.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good question :) Since we know that the Temple is Christ's Body, which is the Church a.k.a "spiritual house", and is being built daily when believers come in;...

Heavens, please read the Word about the first temple/Adam, and the second temple/Israel, as the two temples not made with hands.
And read in the Word about the Temple of God in the heavens where He sits on His throne as God the Word;
and then read about the earthly tabernacle in the wilderness, and at Shiloh; and the first and second temples in Jerusalem; and Herod's remodel; which Jesus honored as "My Father's house", and a "House of prayer for all nations";

and then read about the millennial temple in Ezekiel and in Enoch, and then read about the final Temple, which is God and the Lamb, in the New Jerusalem; and when you are finished reading about all these, then study the context and apply the same to your study, comparing Scripture to Scripture to learn doctrine.

In all that, there are 9 temples in the Word of God, and two not made with hands: Adam and Israel, as the one old man and the one New Man. The tabernacle in the wilderness was a pattern of things Moses saw in heaven, as the temple Solomon built was. There is a real, physical building in heaven which is the Tabernacle/Temple where God the Great Glory dwells, and in that temple, there is a real Ark of the Covenant, for Moses made everything shown him as patterns of those things in heaven.
There is to be a temple built in Israel as soon as they have their borders back, which God commands of them, and soon, that will be fulfilled, but that is not going to be Ezekiel's millennial temple, and the Glory will not return to it which departed the temple in Ezekiel 10, and has not returned and will not return until that Glory returns in the person of God come in flesh, and Ezekiel reports the same coming into the temple of that Glory for that temple yet to be built in Israel, for the millennial reign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

son_flower

rose from the desert
Feb 25, 2010
Mount Zion
✟15,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Atonement is finished once for all, but the Day of Atonement will be kept in the millennial reign as a memorial feast, as Jeremiah says, and the Ark of the Covenant will not be in that temple nor come to mind, says Jeremiah, but that day will be a grand celebration of what Christ has done, for the thousand year reign.

Finished once for all... but?
it is either finished or it isn't.

I have read Jeremiah and did not see any thousand year reign mentioned anywhere.
Chapter and verse?
not there.

Upvote 0

NvxiaLee

May 19, 2011
✟905.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I know passages like 2 Thes 2:3-4 and Daniel 9:27 imply that the Temple will be rebuilt, after all, how could the Antichrist stop sacrifices in the Temple or proclaim himself God in the Temple unless... there was a Temple.

But is there any passage that explicitly says the Temple will be rebuilt? Or is it all based on sound and logical implications? I would really appreciate if you found a verse for me that were very explicit!

(And please, no preterists!)

No preterists? You must be playing Devil's Advocate.

You know that Daniel predicts the building of the temple, the cutting off of the messiah, and then the destruction of the temple. There's nothing in there suggest that the destroyed temple is not the one Daniel predicts will be built. There's nothing in there to suggest Daniel's time-table takes a 2000 year detour. And, there's no good reason to deny that Nero fulfilled this prophecy when he destroyed the city and put an end to daily sacrifices. Dispensationalism makes a mockery of Daniel's prophecy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NvxiaLee

May 19, 2011
✟905.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In Moses. It's God's Law. They must build a temple/a tabernacle when they come into the land.
The sinned against God in giving control of the Temple mount back to Jordon in 1967.

Seriously, you're accusing Israelis of breaking God's law by giving control of the Temple mount to Jordon in 67? They don't give a flying leap about any of God's laws. I don't say that as an insult, but as a fact that they'd gladly agree with.

And, seriously, you're wrong about "In Moses. It's God's Law." The law of Moses has nothing to do with the Temple.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Finished once for all... but?
it is either finished or it isn't.

I have read Jeremiah and did not see any thousand year reign mentioned anywhere.
Chapter and verse?
not there.
Yes, the Atonement is finished, once, for all, and after Israel is returned to the LORD and the millennial temple is built, they will keep the Feasts in Israel for the thousand year reign, but the fasts will be joyful feasts, and the Ark of the Covenant will not be done anymore, for the Atonement is finished once, for all; and everyone remaining alive on the earth who enters into the millennial reign will be under that "Everlasting Covenant" when they enter in: #1 as the elect [seed of Jacob -Ezekiel 20:33-44] and #2 as the sheep of the Gentiles [Matthew 25], and both these groups who enter in to the millennial reign will be called "The Blessed of YHWH".

The millennial Sabbath is the seventh millennium of this present creation, and after that comes the 8th day, the New Beginning, which Israel was given the oracles of.

Jer 3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit [it]; neither shall [that] be done any more.
Jer 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
Jer 3:18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.
In that millennial day of Peace, the fasts will be feasts in Jerusalem.

Zec 8:19 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth [month], and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.
Zec 8:20 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; [It shall] yet [come to pass], that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: Zec 8:21 And the inhabitants of one [city] shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.

Zec 8:22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. Zec 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days [it shall come to pass], that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard [that] God [is] with you.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, you're accusing Israelis of breaking God's law by giving control of the Temple mount to Jordon in 67? They don't give a flying leap about any of God's laws. I don't say that as an insult, but as a fact that they'd gladly agree with.

And, seriously, you're wrong about In "Moses. It's God's Law." The law of Moses has nothing to do with the Temple.
The Law of Moses has everything to do with the temple! I think you must be confused about what Moses wrote. Maybe you are thinking that what the Pharisees added as a burden which they would not take on themselves, is from Moses. -But anyway, you err.

They -the rulers, not the people as a whole- not only broke the command of God in giving control of the temple mount to Jordon after God gave it back to them in the miraculous six day war, but they"slapped him in the face", so to speak, to return control to Jordon.
It was s definite sign of unbelief by the rulers of Israel, who had just witnessed the hand of God in the miracle of the six day war.
And the people have certainly suffered these many years.
Perhaps when that generation is all deceased which was responsible for giving control back to Jordon, then the new generation will be ready to believe God, and build their temple as commanded, where it is commanded that they build it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E63AKJpa1Tk

Upvote 0
U

unimportantgal

I was heartened today by Netanyahu's words (with little barry next to him in the oval office) where he spoke of Israel's 4000 year history and how he is both proud and humbled to be the leader of Israel.

I think there is a tide turning. I think we may be seeing the awakening of Christians and Jews. After all, no Christian or Jew would be able to visit the holy sites, (which would likely be demolished under muslim rule) if East Jerusalem were given over to the muslims, as Obama wants. This Camping prediction about Jesus' return also, at the very least, awakens Christians to the reality that Jesus is indeed coming soon and to get straight with God....as well as not to fear or be silenced when people mock and laugh at your beliefs. Hopefully, this is the beginning of something big and great, a love for God on this earth at least among people who claim to love Him.

I would like to see more people in the West and in Israel call for a Temple in Israel on the Temple Mount. At least it would show some regard for the God of Israel and demonstrate a desire/wanting to be in relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
After all, no Christian or Jew would be able to visit the holy sites, (which would likely be demolished under muslim rule) if East Jerusalem were given over to the muslims, as Obama wants.

Hate to break it to you, but you need to study your history. Christians, Jews, and Muslims lived and worshipped alongside each other peacefully for 1000 years in Palestine and Jerusalem until the zionist regime ran them out of their homes supposedly in God's name to set up their "Israel".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.