• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Where does it say

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've be thinking, where in the Bible does it say if you are concerned about the unpardonable sin, then you haven't committed?

Revelations 22:17

"...Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."

In order for that promise to be true it must mean that the desire in our hearts for salvation only comes from the Holy Spirit and if we have that desire for salvation we are commanded to take it freely. If one had commited the unpardnable sin he would not wan't to take of the water of life, he would have no desire for it, because the Holy Spirit has departed from him.

But even if you did not desire it in your past, if you do now there is still hope and the Holy Spirit is still working on you for Christs' sake. I believe the unpardonable sin is dying without Jesus in your heart, that it is a willful rejection of Christ until death.

For God is not willing for any to perish but wants all to come to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 2, 2009
✟15,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've be thinking, where in the Bible does it say if you are concerned about the unpardonable sin, then you haven't committed?

It doesnt, the bible doesnt say alot of things but if you understand the scriptures properly you would understand.

No man nor woman nor child seeks after God (romans 3:11) apart from God the Father through the power of the Holy Spirit, noone comes to Him (John 6:44)

The only way a person to be saved is by believing on Him and through Faith.

A person who has already came to God has not commited this unpardonable sin because it is evidence that the Holy Spirit is at work in their lives. God isnt going to deem someone "unforgiveable" and begin a work in them, that is kind of silly :)

Only through the Holy Spirit's work in us can we even have a desire to even know Him and follow Him.

If I have commited the unpardonable sin and was still void of God (dead in my sins)or unable to be forgiven and if I desire to come to God, which is ONLY by the Holy Spirit than it would only be supportive by scriptures to believe if we have a concern or a desire for God than I am unable to have commited this.

The unpardonable sin is full willful rejection of God, a continual rejection to the point of death. understand?

Reactions: SoldierOfSoul
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.