• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Where does a person with ADD fit into God's plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightlock

Sep 8, 2008
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I have mentioned I have ADD and as a result, it is hard to keep my focus. I have been thinking about moving away from the United States and go somewhere else hoping to find a "Crusade" and a mate never hurts either :)

The problem is that I don't feel like I fit in anywhere as I can't seem to sit still in a church (I love Christ but God forgive me I just can't sit through a sermon.) In addition I don't have a church at all at this point as none seem to fit my views.

There is a part of me that feels lost although I know Jesus is with me and we are one. But I still can't seem to find what I am looking for. Any practical advice besides praying would be great (that is something I do every day.)

Thanks!

yaweh434

Apr 27, 2007
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, Knightlock. Don't worry.

Based on what you've said, maybe try changing your outlook.

There is nothing that instantly gratifies about this message, but give it a shot.

Why are you trying to find a church that fits your beliefs, but have been unsuccessful?

Sometimes you have to just go and be a part of something and get connected.

I have been down your road before; everywhere I went, I found some fault and used it as an excuse to move along.

It is God's Will for us to be a part of something and be connected w/ people.

This is how I can come to and say that you will get plugged in with certainty!!

1-pick a church that is close to your beliefs/background
2-as God to plug you in
3-respond obediently to his instruction
4-live an abundent life!!!

God said it is not good for man to be alone. Put yourself in a position for God to get you connected.

I went througha time where I had given up all the worldly "friends" and ended up lonely; it started off as solitude, but ended up as lonliness because I negelcted the sacred assembly and other people.

I PRAYED for god to connect me to other people and plug me in. Guess what, shortly after I prayed this consistently, the Pastor at my church luanched a whole new campaign about getting connected. It was a great oppurtunity for everyone to meet each other and sign up for group classes and so forth, w/o inhibitions.

God will plug you in. What I am saying is that God is willing to do this thing. Of course, we could die tomorrow and not experience it.

The point is, you do not have becasue you do not ask.
If you ask and do not receive (in God's Will), you just have to look a little deeper.

God always answers; even when he says not now, but later, He will still let you know.

It took me a long time to realize that I can actually communicate w/ God effectively in all things.

It is not like sending a message in a bottle and you just hope it will get through and responded to.

Focusing on Jesus has a profound effect on ALL aspects of life. It clears the clutter and allows you to pray real prayers and receive clear answers.

Only God can meet our deepest needs. Turn to him!

Be encouraged, my friend!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:clap:
As I have mentioned I have ADD and as a result, it is hard to keep my focus. I have been thinking about moving away from the United States and go somewhere else hoping to find a "Crusade" and a mate never hurts either :)

The problem is that I don't feel like I fit in anywhere as I can't seem to sit still in a church (I love Christ but God forgive me I just can't sit through a sermon.) In addition I don't have a church at all at this point as none seem to fit my views.

There is a part of me that feels lost although I know Jesus is with me and we are one. But I still can't seem to find what I am looking for. Any practical advice besides praying would be great (that is something I do every day.)

Thanks!

Very much so. God is the cure to your ADD. Let his wisdom and love guide you out of your folly. He will reveal what you struggle with and encourage you thru it.

I was a mess when I started. Today I have little to no syntoms of ADD. Lord revealed much to me, and keeps me humble.

A sample of what I am talking about is this. ADD is lack of attention. Attention is ultimately a form of love. You will find that you have a hard time giving attention to many things, but few have "hyper focus". Just means your perception of attention needs work.

Say like multitasking, like computer resources it divides your focus in many ways. Yet none have the fullness of your attention. Let the Lord help you to let go of multitasking, and give things of importance your total focus.

Attention is love. Love in the world terms is another way to cover up lust. Scriptures say that this is what love truly is.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

With the description of true love. You get the idea of what your missing with your focus. Jesus will help you improve in this area, as well encourage and grant you divine wisdom.

Hope this helps bro.

Upvote 0

ShainaBrina

The joy of the Lord is my strength
May 16, 2007
Georgian Bay area, Ontario
✟20,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried taking notes during the sermon? I find that helps me pay attention. Reading along in my own bible also helps things sink in. If sitting still is hard - try doodling or fidgeting with something small in your hand.

Youth church might be a great place for you. Kids love the high energy of an ADDer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.