Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of things come to mind with this exercise...

First - a truth that is challenging is that your priorities are in fact what you do.

Second is - how can we measure success especially when it comes to family - struggle can be a necessary part of the journey and this is not failure.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A couple of things come to mind with this exercise...

First - a truth that is challenging is that your priorities are in fact what you do.

Second is - how can we measure success especially when it comes to family - struggle can be a necessary part of the journey and this is not failure.

For most it would be a snapshot in time that could change over time.

When considering the list for myself I realized that I have been pretty successful in all but family, the category that I have the least control over. Regarding religion, I'm not the one who renders the judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the following verse comes to mind...

1 Cor 4:5
to me it is an insignificant matter that I would be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself. 4 For I am not aware of anything against myself; however I am not vindicated by this, but the one who examines me is the Lord. 5 Therefore, do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of human hearts; and then praise will come to each person from God.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Arrange these according to their importance in your life.

Religion
Occupation
Family
Health
Wealth

Then arrange them again according to how successful they have become in your life.

Importance:

-Religion (well not to me actual religion, but Jesus)
-Family
-Occupation
-Wealth

Those are the ones I have but I have realised that health should be right after God, as a second... because, if you’re not feeling healthy then you can’t be good to your family or anybody else.
So in a way I try to remember this, even my family comes after God.

How successful these have become:

I think the list is pretty much the same... but health has come more to the place it should be, as a second.
In quite happy about this.

I do wish I could do better in wealth because it is something we need in this world unfortunately... BUT it is still last on the list of mine.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
can't rank since it changes

health became more imp as a parent since wanted child to eat healthy with no junk food
I wouldn't even let people give her lollipops

school wanted to give candy as rewards & I sent in sugar free mints for our child

today my teen is slim & has no cavities which I define as success re family health

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums