Aug 21, 2011
✟16,451.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a fun question:

Where are the Old Testament Saints?

And how did they get there, from Scripture please.

Hello Cool_Hand_Luke greetings,
In my opinion as OT saints are now in holy city as records in Scripture show.They were resurrected in the hour of Jesus death in the cross. Matthew 27:50-53 And Jesus, having again cried with a loud voice, gave up the ghost.

51 And lo, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom, and the earth was shaken, and the rocks were rent,

52 and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints fallen asleep arose,

53 and going out of the tombs after his arising, entered into the holy city and appeared unto many.

This is also correspond and confirmed in John 5:25-29 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that an hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they that have heard shall live.

26 For even as the Father has life in himself, so he has given to the Son also to have life in himself,

27 and has given him authority to execute judgment [also], because he is Son of man.

28 Wonder not at this, for an hour is coming in which all who are in the tombs shall hear his voice,

29 and shall go forth; those that have practised good, to resurrection of life, and those that have done evil, to resurrection of judgment.

Thanks and God bless.
your brother in Christ.
virgilio

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
when any of us die, we go to heaven...good or bad....NT or OT.
Luk16:19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Rev5:1And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev22:6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

virgilio

Aug 21, 2011
✟16,451.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So they are still in the holy city? If not, then where did they go and how did they get there?

Hello Cool_Hand_Luke greetings;
If you think that the holy city is here on earth you had an error, may be
there some places here name after the saints e.g., Saint Paul City, St Helenas City and so on and on or Jerusalem but it's sainthood is only according to the word of man because we cannot find any city where there are no sins. Here is my opinion about them that we may overlooked.

[FONT=&quot]There are some instances of people being “caught up” to heaven while still living (what is called being “raptured” by some) in the Bible. ” The first rapture event happen in Genesis 5:24“And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” This is the first man to be raptured to heaven in the scriptures. He did not die. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony that he pleased God Heb 11:5-6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Second rapture event happened to Elijah 2 Kings 2:11“And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Third rapture happen in Acts 1:1-9 “And when he (Jesus) had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] when the Old Testament saints that ascend with Jeus in the time of his death “And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”They get there in the same process of Thessalonians 4:16[/FONT] for the Lord himself, with an assembling shout, with archangel's voice and with trump of God, shall descend from heaven; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

[FONT=&quot]They are also mentioned that received Jesus Christ when he ascended in Acts 1:9
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] And having said these things he was taken up, they beholding [him], and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Thanks and God bless.
[FONT=&quot]your brother in Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]virgilio
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0