Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
And you get a thought how do you know is from GOD?

Read 1 John 4.

Can you distinguish your own voice from another voice in your head? If so, how?

Jeff

Upvote 0

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
And you get a thought how do you know is from GOD?

If I may offer some advice; what are the fruits of the thought?

If the fruits are deeper prayer in yourself or others, I'd say the impluse is from God. Satan wouldn't, of course, give a thought or impluse to you that leads you into greater communion with God. I say "yourself or others", though, because God may let you enter the "dark night of the soul" where, for your own good, you may feel far from Him, or even neglected by Him. For an example, Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta experienced the dark night of the soul for upwards of fifty years; but her work is clearly not from evil.

If, though, a thought repluses you and others from God, it is likely not from the Prince of Peace.

Upvote 0
T

trentlogain2

I've been in situations before when I would think something and know that whatever it was would be pleasing and God honoring on the surface, but felt a strong sense from God to not go through with it. These situations would turn out to glorify God and be for my good later on, but I would have never known that at the initial time it came into my head to do whatever it was. My advice is this: When something pops in your head..weigh it out with the word of God and pray on it. Pray on it more. Then pray on it more. I cannot stress the importance of prayer here. Bottom line..Trust & Obey.

Upvote 0