Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
You stated that you are still committing adultery even though you are divorced.... Are you saying that the woman in question has a husband?

Yes she has. But, as far as I am concerned, I am still married in the eyes of God!

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
When you confess, you state that you will avoid the near occasion of sin. So how do you do that? How do you do that better?

Does this woman realize she is contributing to your damnation? Is she OK with that? Is she really your friend? If it happens that you go to hell, and she goes there as well, you will be spending an eternity spitting at each other, hating each other, as the cause of your mutual demise. I don't know why that image popped into my mind, but you might think about that before your next temptation seizes you. What you enjoy for a moment, and then regret, you may have a whole eternity to regret. She may not be your friend in any real (eternal) sense. She has already assisted in ruining your marriage, in getting you divorced, and that is not what friends do. Getting you damned would not be friendly at all.

Confess and make changes. Don't stop that. Don't stop that. Don't stop that.

Thank you. I understand.

She is a Buddhist but also loves our God. I know that she does not think like I do regarding Christianity.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Awesome advice. Winner.

This woman needs to be off of your radar, friend. And out of your contact list.

This relationship is not worth it.

I agree 100%. But, easily said than done! I know, I am going to hell if I continue on this path. I am very weak when it comes to her. She is a lovely caring person. But, I want God more! Yet, I am so very weak!

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
She is a Buddhist but also loves our God.

Buddhism also has prohibitions on adultery. The last person I was involved with was Buddhist, and I had to break it off. They can be very compassionate, and I liked that about her. Tell her that you need to be celibate and for it to end though. I assume her husband does not know? If you have to, make your confession to him. That will end it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes she has. But, as far as I am concerned, I am still married in the eyes of God!
This changes things.......You are possibly hurting another party.....the husband of the woman.. Coveting your neighbors wife. I would try to remove this issue, before tackling your lust....as this can have immediate physical and spiritual consequences.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Buddhism also has prohibitions on adultery. The last person I was involved with was Buddhist, and I had to break it off. They can be very compassionate, and I liked that about her. Tell her that you need to be celibate and for it to end though. I assume her husband does not know? If you have to, make your confession to him. That will end it.

Her husband, she said, thinks he knows.

I do not want to destroy her family. I know it has to end. I truly want to be celibate. This is my aim. I am working at that. That is a goal of mine. I want my body to be God's.

Reactions: Tomm
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
This changes things.......You are possibly hurting another party.....the husband of the woman.. Coveting your neighbors wife. I would try to remove this issue, before tackling your lust....as this can have immediate physical and spiritual consequences.

I agree. I have thought about that lately. Thing is, I am very weak. I give in to the flesh. Only hers though as I have no desire for anyone else. This has to stop asap.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Goetee, she is a married woman ! Get away from her ! This doesn't change a word I said above but it magnifies your offense I don't know how many fold, not to mention hers. You guys are ruining a whole bunch of lives here besides your own. Stop this harping on your weak flesh and do something about it, with God.

My message remains the same, turn to the Holy Spirit. Go do your religious ritual that has not done any good yet and get that taken care of since you feel you need it, then get real with God.

She can not be a Buddhist and love Jesus Christ too anyway, so that part is a bunch a bunk, I wouldn't even listen to it. You're living in deception. And for that matter you show your love for the Lord by following His commands, He said it not me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thank you. I understand.

She is a Buddhist but also loves our God. I know that she does not think like I do regarding Christianity.
She's assisted in ruining your marriage. If she's married, you're assisting in ruining her marriage. If she loves God she needs to figure out how to express that in a better way than being the assistant to Satan in delivering you to hell. And I think you will have an eternity to revile her there. Hell might seem distant in the moment, but it is an awful prospect. You will hate her with a passion, she will hate you with a passion, and be in her close company forever. Don't go there.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
She's assisted in ruining your marriage. If she's married, you're assisting in ruining her marriage. If she loves God she needs to figure out how to express that in a better way than being the assistant to Satan in delivering you to hell. And I think you will have an eternity to revile her there. Hell might seem distant in the moment, but it is an awful prospect. You will hate her with a passion, she will hate you with a passion, and be in her close company forever. Don't go there.

Thank you my friend. Good post. I understand.

I hope that I can rebuke the devil and push this evil away.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Goatee, I'm a married man for a second round. Both our past spouses were cheaters. And God made a provision that we find each other. That isn't my point other than it's miserable to be a on the receiving end of a cheating spouse, but what is the point is this. We rent out an apartment attached to our house and have an awesome tenant over there. He brought in a woman who supposedly was suffering from cancer and supposedly had less than a year to live. Very very nice looking woman with pretty eyes. We all prayed for her unknown to her and she is still alive some two years later. Again not the full story, try to get a visual on this part though. I'm a married man and retired. My wife works several days of the week and the tenant works every week day. I do chores, cut the grass etc during the day. I found this woman attractive, very attractive. One day in the summer while I was cutting grass on my tractor, she comes out on the back porch, real chatty, flashy pretty eyes and in a see through nighty and panties. I mean I could see right through. I could see her breasts and the outline of her pubic hair line. So I talked with her looking at her eyes and at the trees behind her. We talked for maybe 15 minutes . I got back on my tractor and finished cutting the grass. In the back of my head the Holy Spirit is saying she is troubled and also she is "is" trouble if you pursue her. From that day I went on a prayer vigil, my concern was is she saved. She later moved out and I still prayed. So now I have an unresolved opportunity to speak the gospel to her, I felt I missed had missed that. Fast forward a year or so and I hear this crashing in my driveway. I look out and there is her car stuffed in a bush in our front yard and up against an oak tree. She had 0 reason to be here. In my mind the Holy Spirit is saying " now David go speak to her", I went out there to find her drunk. I brought her in the house, got her over a period of time to speak and walk ok. Her bare legs ( it was summer again and I texted my wife immediately she was here) were on my couch in a little sun dress but I spoke about Jesus Christ with her. As I spoke about the truth of Jesus and about the things of her life I knew, she needed to be in alignment with God. I watched her face change back and forth from pretty to strained, from pretty eyes to wide pupil, gray in tone, then tears. Then she wanted to ask me a question, do you know what the question was ? How do I feel about abortion ! She was pregnant by a cop from another town. "She is Troubled and she is trouble if you pursue her". True story as God is my witness. But she has two seeds planted in her, one from a cop from another town and one of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Goatee, listen to the Holy Spirit, pray to Him and listen. You do not have to ever touch this woman again. And Goatee, no man has ever lived that is hornier than I have been in my lifetime, I've been a walking hormone most of my life. I don't act on it and the Holy Spirit makes sure I don't. Imagine if I had and that was my child inside her. And incidentally, my wife knows the whole story all of it, she has prayed with me for this woman..

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thank you my friend. Good post. I understand.

I hope that I can rebuke the devil and push this evil away.
We all have our struggles. But they're not all equal. And yet when we seek to use the grace available to us we can have victory in Christ. All at once or after a while. But keep trying. Don't give up. Make progress every day in saying 'yes' to God.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
We all have our struggles. But they're not all equal. And yet when we seek to use the grace available to us we can have victory in Christ. All at once or after a while. But keep trying. Don't give up. Make progress every day in saying 'yes' to God.

Thank you kindly

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Her husband, she said, thinks he knows.

I do not want to destroy her family. I know it has to end. I truly want to be celibate. This is my aim. I am working at that. That is a goal of mine. I want my body to be God's.

It's good that you have the good intention (and hate sins), you can succeed if you try. I was a sinner, after much struggles and prayers, I have my bad habits under control now. You can do the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
It's good that you have the good intention (and hate sins), you can succeed if you try. I was a sinner, after much struggles and prayers, I have my bad habits under control now. You can do the same.

Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Goatee, i think the key to the solution rests in your wife. You have seriously hurt her and may never take you back. But the truth is that a part of you, what you call the weak part of you needs to be with a woman and the only legitimate woman you can be with is your wife. A husband and wife are not meant to be seperated you can not cut your body into two parts without serious risk of death with marriage two become one flesh it becomes very hard to survive spiritually cut off from one another. Is your wife christian?

You need to do all that you can to re connect with your wife and you need to depend on her. But like i say this may not be possible.

If that is the case then it is going to be seriously difficult you will need great will power and and a heroic dedication to God as temption will be all around... i know it sounds drastic but in the end perhaps the only possible way to do so may be to join a monastry where temptations are removed and that itself will require a heroic submission of the will but at least a life away from that temptation a community you can lean on and a life totally dedicated to God may actually be easier than doing it by yourself in the midst of temptation

• Friendly
Reactions: Tomm
Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I want to break free but am finding it so hard to do.

How can I beat this sin. 3 years it has had me in its clutches. Please help / advise.

I have sought help from various priests. I am on a continuous downward spiral.
The following testimony is a wonderful example of the Infallibility of Prayer.

Recently I received a moving letter from a 59-year-old man who was praying to Our Lady of Good Success. In it he stated:"I especially prayed to her for two urgent spiritual favors because she promised to answer our prayers if we prayed to her in these times under the name of 'Our Lady of Good Success.' So I prayed very often, asking her to please grant the two favors for which I have been praying my entire adult life. She granted both within a few days of asking! I am so grateful to Our Lady for her help, and I don't tire of thanking her every day.

"Now when I pray to Our Lady, it is always under her title of ‘Our Lady of Good Success.’ I am presently praying for the Poor Souls in Purgatory and for the quick restoration of our Catholic Church." The testimony is a wonderful example of the infallibility of prayer.

....Prayer is infallible, but what we often forget, or perhaps never learned, is that there are some important conditions attached to that infallibility. First, the object of our prayer must be lawful and for our good; second, our prayer must be followed by amendment of life; third, our prayer must be united with forgiveness of personal offenses received; fourth, our prayer must be humble, fervent, and confident, and fifth, we must persevere in our prayer.

(Excerpted from A Lesson In Perseverance in Prayer, by Marian T. Horvat, PhD)

Last edited:
Upvote 0