✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I hate sin!

Yet I am very weak and give in to temptations of the flesh.

Adultery to be precise. Even though I am divorced I still comitt adultery. With the same woman! I hate it yet continue to go back again and again to this person!

I want to break free but am finding it so hard to do.

How can I beat this sin. 3 years it has had me in its clutches. Please help / advise.

I have sought help from various priests. I am on a continuous downward spiral.

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only God can help you. Your help comes from the Lord! When was the last time you wept and fasted and prayed in agony with a broken, contrite spirit and heart over your sin? When you do so you can be assured that:

• God’s Grace will give you an aversion towards sin
  • God’s Grace will give you power over sin
  • God’s Grace will make you hate sin
  • God’s Grace will make you repulsed by sin
  • God’s Grace will give you victory over sin.
  • And God’s Grace will always drive you back to Christ every time you sin.
Deal with Sin!

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hate sin!

Adultery to be precise. Even though I am divorced I still comitt adultery. With the same woman! I hate it yet continue to go back again and again to this person!

How can I beat this sin. 3 years it has had me in its clutches. Please help / advise.

Are you saved? If the answer is “yes” expect to experience God’s chastisement. “God chastises His children.if you are unsaved God may let you go on your merry way.if this sin does not seer your conscience....you got more trouble than you realize.have a nice day....

• Haha
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I hate sin!

You may need to move. You are supposed to avoid the occasion of sin. staying in the same locale where sin is easy is not avoiding it.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Can't move away. Her child and mine are best buddies! Been so for approx 6 years. They have sleep overs. Do def can't move.

Very easy to say forget her. Been trying for 3 years.

I do repent, every time without fail. I feel sick inside etc. I believe I am suffering because of this massive sin I keep going back to. I dearly need God's help. I pray and ask constantly.

I wish I was not weak. I want to be chaste and pure and single. I want to give my life to God.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Only God can help you. Your help comes from the Lord! When was the last time you wept and fasted and prayed in agony with a broken, contrite spirit and heart over your sin? When you do so you can be assured that:

• God’s Grace will give you an aversion towards sin
  • God’s Grace will give you power over sin
  • God’s Grace will make you hate sin
  • God’s Grace will make you repulsed by sin
  • God’s Grace will give you victory over sin.
  • And God’s Grace will always drive you back to Christ every time you sin.
Deal with Sin!
Seeing this I won't write a reply now LOL !

• Haha
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you saved? If the answer is “yes” expect to experience God’s chastisement. “God chastises His children.if you are unsaved God may let you go on your merry way.if this sin does not seer your conscience....you got more trouble than you realize.have a nice day....
I don't find this funny as someone seems to have but true, at least as experienced in my own life.. However, the issue is I think Goatee's conscience is seered. The question is by whom ? Is it his own mind or the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit directs out paths If We Listen and respond. If not, we are in for a miserable time. He really can make it so we will lose our desire or will to commit a certain sin in spite of our flesh wanting it. It's the power of discernment at work, but He instills this, not us.. This is for the born again believer. Not born again, we try to do it ourselves, which is about impossible. He breaks the will to commit the sin. There are many born again Catholics and many who are not because while they live with sacraments and such and live the Christian life sort of, they never personally accepted Jesus Christ and He requires this, being in a personal relationship with Him..

Well obviously working with a priest didn't do the trick. Sex issues are more powerful than a priest can deal with, they're human too and God knows they certainly have their own issues. Have you, Goatee, tried direct contact with the Holy Spirit and asked for His help in this matter ? I mean address it to Him, as in "Holy Spirit, I'm seeking your will in this matter I have " etc etc. To understand the situation and to see His will in this ? He is just to reveal His will and revealing that to you can shatter your will to further continue in what you are doing, which is only satisfying your old sin nature and undermining your spiritual walk and masking your view of Gods plan in your life... And by the way, do you love this woman ? Be honest above all else. Be honest with God, with her and with yourself. God ( Father/ Son/ Holy Spirit) can take all this and turn it around to good. But you need to deal with Him directly. If that is against the teachings of your church, I'm sorry but I had to say it. And I believe you need to hear it, in the name of Jesus I pray for you today Goatee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As we draw nearer to God He draws nearer to us: James 4:8 . James is an awesome book to read when running the rails one foot in the world and one trying to walk with God. It speaks of the double minded man and our need to walk one way not both. Walking with Jesus, Holy Spirit as our guide, it makes it difficult sometimes to live in sin. Oh we can slip up, but confess before God right away, repent that ( turn away), and move on. Reoccurring sin needs stronger treatment from God. The Christian walk is not going to church on Sunday and then go about doing as we always have. It is about a day to day walk with Jesus Christ front and center. When we wake up in the morning, to look to Him for our daily plan. And the Holy Spirit is just to work in our lives when our windshield is clean of sin, our view of Him crystal clear. I think of sin as stain on the windshield and we lose sight of God in the sin. I can't see Him, where is he through this stain. As the view is blocked so is His impact on our walk and we walk deeper into sin instead of deeper into faith and the spirit.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Honestly calling upon the Holy Spirit is in itself a change in direction. He can work in us, we are changing our view from the sin to Him. Sin is generally about self, when you focus on self interest, the desire to please flesh. Turning our focus outward to God takes it off self. The act of adultery is actually selfishness. It's taking in no regard for God, for family, our children, spouses, anyone. But to fulfill the lust, the tingle in the crotch of two individuals.. These feelings have strong power that the devil just loves to torment us with, you can just see the devil there with his crooked pitch fork poking you in the butt saying " ah you want that don't you, oh yes you want that" ! And then when you do it he say " oh you dog you did that didn't you, yes you did that" ! So who is the power in your life, God, the Holy Spirit, Jesus ? Or is it Satan and his demons ? Or is it just yourself ? We need God as the head, our teacher the Holy Spirit and the peace of Jesus Christ in our hearts. And we need to tell Satan to go to hell where he belongs.

We also should be examples of a Christian walk to those around us. Have faith and trust in the Lord. What is someone thinking while having unmarried sex with his daughters friends mother ? It's very obvious, not of the interest of his daughter, or that these actions might be a wrong influence as to how the daughter behaves herself later in life. To be a father carries responsibility to the children and also to God. But again it's God who will change all this. Don't make Him take drastic measures.

Ya know I see this vision, one day down the road you wake up and you find out your daughter is out screwing around in the neighborhood, what do you, go into shock ? Why ? You were doing the same thing, she turned out to be her fathers daughter. No, turn to the Holy Spirit today and lets get the fix under way.

By the way, I'm done now before I get myself booted from this forum or banned or something. Still praying Goatee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can't move away. Her child and mine are best buddies! Been so for approx 6 years. They have sleep overs. Do def can't move.

Very easy to say forget her. Been trying for 3 years.

I do repent, every time without fail. I feel sick inside etc. I believe I am suffering because of this massive sin I keep going back to. I dearly need God's help. I pray and ask constantly.

I wish I was not weak. I want to be chaste and pure and single. I want to give my life to God.
When you confess, you state that you will avoid the near occasion of sin. So how do you do that? How do you do that better?

Does this woman realize she is contributing to your damnation? Is she OK with that? Is she really your friend? If it happens that you go to hell, and she goes there as well, you will be spending an eternity spitting at each other, hating each other, as the cause of your mutual demise. I don't know why that image popped into my mind, but you might think about that before your next temptation seizes you. What you enjoy for a moment, and then regret, you may have a whole eternity to regret. She may not be your friend in any real (eternal) sense. She has already assisted in ruining your marriage, in getting you divorced, and that is not what friends do. Getting you damned would not be friendly at all.

Confess and make changes. Don't stop that. Don't stop that. Don't stop that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you confess, you state that you will avoid the near occasion of sin. So how do you do that? How do you do that better?

Does this woman realize she is contributing to your damnation? Is she OK with that? Is she really your friend? If it happens that you go to hell, and she goes there as well, you will be spending an eternity spitting at each other, hating each other, as the cause of your mutual demise. I don't know why that image popped into my mind, but you might think about that before your next temptation seizes you. What you enjoy for a moment, and then regret, you may have a whole eternity to regret. She may not be your friend in any real (eternal) sense. She has already assisted in ruining your marriage, in getting you divorced, and that is not what friends do. Getting you damned would not be friendly at all.

Confess and make changes. Don't stop that. Don't stop that. Don't stop that.
Awesome advice. Winner.

This woman needs to be off of your radar, friend. And out of your contact list.

This relationship is not worth it.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't find this funny as someone seems to have but true, at least as experienced in my own life.. However, the issue is I think Goatee's conscience is seered. The question is by whom ? Is it his own mind or the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit directs out paths If We Listen and respond. If not, we are in for a miserable time. He really can make it so we will lose our desire or will to commit a certain sin in spite of our flesh wanting it. It's the power of discernment at work, but He instills this, not us.. This is for the born again believer. Not born again, we try to do it ourselves, which is about impossible. He breaks the will to commit the sin. There are many born again Catholics and many who are not because while they live with sacraments and such and live the Christian life sort of, they never personally accepted Jesus Christ and He requires this, being in a personal relationship with Him..

Well obviously working with a priest didn't do the trick. Sex issues are more powerful than a priest can deal with, they're human too and God knows they certainly have their own issues. Have you, Goatee, tried direct contact with the Holy Spirit and asked for His help in this matter ? I mean address it to Him, as in "Holy Spirit, I'm seeking your will in this matter I have " etc etc. To understand the situation and to see His will in this ? He is just to reveal His will and revealing that to you can shatter your will to further continue in what you are doing, which is only satisfying your old sin nature and undermining your spiritual walk and masking your view of Gods plan in your life... And by the way, do you love this woman ? Be honest above all else. Be honest with God, with her and with yourself. God ( Father/ Son/ Holy Spirit) can take all this and turn it around to good. But you need to deal with Him directly. If that is against the teachings of your church, I'm sorry but I had to say it. And I believe you need to hear it, in the name of Jesus I pray for you today Goatee.

Thank you for you caring post. Very informative.

Yes, I have feelings for this lovely lady but, I don't want to get into a 'proper' life long, relationship with her. Why? Because, as strange as it may seem, I actually do love God so much more! I want, truly, to give my life to God but, I keep messing up. Giving in to carnal lusts. Filthy flesh temptations.

Not having much of a physical relationship with my now ex (of 30 years) I guess I am making up for all that built up passion.

I do care for the lady in question but, not enough to run off with her. She is a really caring person. A Buddhist and a lover of Christianity.

I know I have to break free but it is so hard.

I have asked the Holy Spirit to help me. Many times indeed.

As a Catholic, I need confession. I really do. It is very important to me. I know I need absolution. It is very important to me.

Upvote 0