When was the last time you had to defend Catholisim from an anti-Catholic person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom2Alex

In Christ
Jul 19, 2008
+Diocese of Buffalo, NY
Visit site
✟9,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi again, Ladybug! :)

Considering that OSAS was considered by ALL CHRISTIANS to be heretical teaching until the 1600s, I think millions of non-Catholics think things are black and white for them when in reality they're just in the dark.

"Are you saved?" asks the Fundamentalist. The Catholic should reply: "As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)."
Source

God bless you sweetie!

Kelly

Upvote 0

cowboysfan1970

Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2008
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How and why are these kind of vicious attacks allowed here? It makes me sad for this person though. I really think he's lost and needs to turn his heart over to Christ to renew it. If you really do believe in the message that Christ gave us you just can't go around with feelings like this in your heart or your head.

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=48723531&postcount=24

I think he might just be a troll. His posts are so rambling and funny though. Every thread he gets into degenerates into a flame war. I figure he'll be banned soon though.

Upvote 0

cowboysfan1970

Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2008
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone remember when Nikita Khruschev came to the U.S. on his tour in, I think it was 1959 or 1960? He met with then Vice President Nixon and Khruschev was taking credit for every invention in the history of humanity? He condented that it was a Soviet who invented the lightbulb, the car, color TV, and everything else. Whenever Nixon tried to tell him something he would just shake his head and say "no, no, no," over and over again. Nixon just started laughing at him. Well that's how some Protestants are whenever you try and explain anything about Catholic theology to them. It's really a small number of Protestants that are like that. Most of them are accepting but there's not really anything you can say to someone who refuses to open their eyes and is commited to believing something no matter what.

The funny thing is that I was raised in a Protestant community and I know of some of the interesting theology that some Protestant churches promote. I also know that I have no right to condemn them for it. The most important thing is that you have that belief in Christ as your salvation and light in an otherwise dark world. If I could only get some people to understand that though.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about when someone you know, a neighbor or someone at work, tells you that Catholicism is unbiblical, the Pope is the anti-Christ, the Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon, that you are going to Hell if you are a Catholic, etc.? This is not an uncommon experience for me, especially after someone finds out that I am a Catholic. Just in my everyday life, I think I probably encounter this challenge at least on average once or twice a month.

A while back ago, I told a friend, who is also "big" in local politics, that I was studying the Catholic faith. Just "studying", mind you.:) She let me have it, right between the eyes, telling me that I needed to care about my salvation more than that, and IF I cared about my salvation, I wouldn't be considering a faith that "worships Mary", and a faith that "says a Hail Mary and all is forgiven".

I sat there and bit my tongue, didn't say a word. I knew she had her mind made up, and nothing I said could make a difference.

Also, my hubby told his family we were studying the Church, and he got lambasted too.

Learning to keep my mouth shut.:)

Upvote 0

MuidSaoirse

Sep 11, 2008
Australia
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A while back ago, I told a friend, who is also "big" in local politics, that I was studying the Catholic faith. Just "studying", mind you.:) She let me have it, right between the eyes, telling me that I needed to care about my salvation more than that, and IF I cared about my salvation, I wouldn't be considering a faith that "worships Mary", and a faith that "says a Hail Mary and all is forgiven".

I sat there and bit my tongue, didn't say a word. I knew she had her mind made up, and nothing I said could make a difference.

Also, my hubby told his family we were studying the Church, and he got lambasted too.

Learning to keep my mouth shut.:)
Well i would say you have a true friend.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well i would say you have a true friend.

She meant well, yes. But her comments came from total ignorance, and I knew it would do no good to try to correct someone so heeped in ignorance. Now if she were willing to study with me, in depth, then we could talk. But she had her mind made up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.