When Sane and Honest People See Werewolves...

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There has been a substantial rise in sightings of Werewolf Like beasts in the US and other countries since the late 90s. By this I am talking about "upright walking canines". Basically wolf or dog like creatures that walk up right like a man, but usually much, much larger than any regular sized wolf, or coyote. These people are more or less seeing something that is straight out of a modern horror movie like what is pictured below.

The book "The Beast of Bray Road" was a significant milestone of this phenomenon, but people who have researched this topic have found sightings that go back into the 1800s, not to mention the beliefs of Native Americans concerning creatures called "Skin Walkers" (Shamans that can shape change into various creatures including wolves), and continental European settlers who often believed in the traditional werewolf legends.

So What do you think of this topic?

I find it fascinating and I find some of the testimony of of these people who see "Dogman" (as it is called today) sometimes very compelling. Some people seem to have PTSD from their experience. But on the other hand, psychology, the power of suggestion, the power of memes and the band wagon affect also are probably at work as well.

I also am posting the thread because I was looking at posting a thread in the Controversial Theology board on the idea of the Rakshasa (Demon in the Flesh). I think there is often a strong paranormal relationship with strange sightings like this, when it comes to the occult etc.

beast-of-bray-rd.jpg

Last edited:

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A sane person would never admit it. Reason would compel them to be silent if they saw something otherworldly. They probably weren’t meant to know.
  • The acknowledgement would be debunked and swiftly ridiculed.
  • They’d be lumped in with quacks and conspiracy theorists.
  • Their identity and story would be collected and passed to the appropriate parties.
Sometimes the wisest response is none. The encounter could be disclosed to a spouse if they’re trustworthy but shouldn’t go further. I’d be more concerned with being discovered than sharing the experience.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Honestly?... The human mind does amazing things when it's filled with fear and it's trying to understand what it's seeing. It fills in the blanks the best it can, but it's an imperfect thing. It can take something like this:

And turn it into a nine foot creature that looks like this:

77vg6gqtc7631.jpg

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
There has been a substantial rise in sightings of Werewolf Like beasts in the US and other countries since the late 90s.

I can't find anything which substantiates your claim that sightings are increasing.

If, however, this is true, could it possibly be connected with the number of TV/movies shows featuring vampires etc?

OB

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@SigurdReginson yes I've seen the Mothman owl thing before.

@bèlla yes your largely right. Lots of people seeing this thing are doing it anomalously. The book the Beast of Bray Road, and some other works like it were actually based on reports from Sheriffs offices and the alike.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can't find anything which substantiates your claim that sightings are increasing.

If, however, this is true, could it possibly be connected with the number of TV/movies shows featuring vampires etc?

OB

I was trying to allude to that when I mentioned things like the power of suggestion, and band wagon effect etc.

As to the question of this thing increasing.... Well the term, "Dogman" has been an official thing in Cryptid circles for the last 10+ years. The number of "sightings" is rivaling of that of Bigfoot (which had a 40 year cultural head start), and their are a plethora of Dogman/werewolf web sites, You-tube channels and what have you when none or very few existed previously....

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
A sane person would never admit it. Reason would compel them to be silent if they saw something otherworldly. They probably weren’t meant to know.
  • The acknowledgement would be debunked and swiftly ridiculed.
  • They’d be lumped in with quacks and conspiracy theorists.
  • Their identity and story would be collected and passed to the appropriate parties.
Sometimes the wisest response is none. The encounter could be disclosed to a spouse if they’re trustworthy but shouldn’t go further. I’d be more concerned with being discovered than sharing the experience.

Yours in His Service,

~bella
So you've seen one but you aren't going to say so?

• Haha
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There has been a substantial rise in sightings of Werewolf Like beasts in the US and other countries since the late 90s. By this I am talking about "upright walking canines". Basically wolf or dog like creatures that walk up right like a man, but usually much, much larger than any regular sized wolf, or coyote. These people are more or less seeing something that is straight out of a modern horror movie like what is pictured below.

The book "The Beast of Bray Road" was a significant milestone of this phenomenon, but people who have researched this topic have found sightings that go back into the 1800s, not to mention the beliefs of Native Americans concerning creatures called "Skin Walkers" (Shamans that can shape change into various creatures including wolves), and continental European settlers who often believed in the traditional werewolf legends.

So What do you think of this topic?

I find it fascinating and I find some of the testimony of of these people who see "Dogman" (as it is called today) sometimes very compelling. Some people seem to have PTSD from their experience. But on the other hand, psychology, the power of suggestion, the power of memes and the band wagon affect also are probably at work as well.

I also am posting the thread because I was looking at posting a thread in the Controversial Theology board on the idea of the Rakshasa (Demon in the Flesh). I think there is often a strong paranormal relationship with strange sightings like this, when it comes to the occult etc.

View attachment 294895
So true, that picture of the dog man. That's me in the morning on the way to get a hit at the coffee shop. They picture is 100% accurate. That is what extreme caffeine withdrawal does to a person.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Under_the_moon

Feb 4, 2021
Ontario
✟16,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
In a non joking side people like me who spend tons of time off track in the wilderness have game camera's set up.. many, many people. Even wildlife services do to track poachers. Id think there would be a picture by now. Same with sasquach hunters.. no pictures. Just my pov. And I spend a LOT of time back woods.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
[QUOTE="bèlla, post: 75745248, member: 416395"
1.The acknowledgement would be debunked and swiftly ridiculed.

2. They’d be lumped in with quacks and conspiracy theorists

3. Their identity and story would be collected and passed to the appropriate parties.
[/QUOTE]

1 and 2 are a reasonable description of how I might react. I am not particularly tolerant of superstitious claptrap.

3 would depend on whether they are likely to harm themselves or others.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a non joking side people like me who spend tons of time off track in the wilderness have game camera's set up.. many, many people. Even wildlife services do to track poachers. Id think there would be a picture by now. Same with sasquach hunters.. no pictures. Just my pov. And I spend a LOT of time back woods.

I've also spent a lot of time in the mountains and have never seen Big Foot. Yet Reinhold Messner (who has definitely spent some time in the wilderness) claims to have seen Yeti in 1968. Maybe they are just very rare?

Upvote 0

Under_the_moon

Feb 4, 2021
Ontario
✟16,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know but no real evidence with millions of people like us and all this technology.. I truly don't believe. Imagination can run wild in the wilderness, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm 6' 210 lbs and never waxed my chest, been known to run around the wilderness with no shirt.. might explain any Canadian sightings :)

Could be, could be. I keep my shirt on, so that might be why there aren't as many sightings around here.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have seen bears walk upright. In the right light it could be creepy.

I guess there have been rare cases of bears having some kind of injury or problem to their front paws or feet where they have had to walk on their two legs as a regular mode of travel. That has been one theory of these kind of things.

Upvote 0