Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not a creationist, but I have a question for the creationists.

When Eve picked the tangerine from the forbidden tree, and ate it, what if she had kept all the tangerines for herself? Instead of sharing the tangerines with Adam, she could have hidden them so that Adam couldn't find them. After eating the forbidden fruit, she could have been filled with the spirit of selfishness.

God comes for His visit. When God discovers the transgression, He would have found Eve to be guilty but Adam would still be innocent. The outcome would be that God would expel Eve from the Garden of Eden but Adam would still be left inside. I don't think this would work out. With Adam and Eve separated, there would be no human race.

The same result would come about if Adam had said, "Now, Eve, you know we aren't supposed to eat from that tree. We have plenty of other trees to eat from here." God would banish Eve from the Garden but not Adam, who would remain.

If God intended to create the human race, with millions of people, he would not have left this possibility. Yet, there it is.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When Eve picked the tangerine from the forbidden tree, and ate it, what if she had kept all the tangerines for herself? Instead of sharing the tangerines with Adam, she could have hidden them so that Adam couldn't find them. After eating the forbidden fruit, she could have been filled with the spirit of selfishness.

God comes for His visit. When God discovers the transgression, He would have found Eve to be guilty but Adam would still be innocent. The outcome would be that God would expel Eve from the Garden of Eden but Adam would still be left inside. I don't think this would work out. With Adam and Eve separated, there would be no human race.

The same result would come about if Adam had said, "Now, Eve, you know we aren't supposed to eat from that tree. We have plenty of other trees to eat from here." God would banish Eve from the Garden but not Adam, who would remain.

If God intended to create the human race, with millions of people, he would not have left this possibility. Yet, there it is.

God gave us free will and we blew it from the start.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

well .... coulda ... shoulda ... woulda .... but that's not what happened ... it was indeed the fall of Adam that is .... the authority .... kingship .... was given over to satan and satan dominates the earth .... until the return of Jesus.

Genesis 3:15

14So the LORD God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and every beast of the field! On your belly will you go, and dust you will eat, all the days of your life. 15And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

Upvote 0

ravindraneee

Aug 25, 2013
New Jersey, USA
✟15,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This sort of "what if" thinking leads some to believe that Adam acted out love in accepting to eat the fruit from Eve. They say Adam's sin was sacrificial in nature! Just like how Christ took sin of the world upon himself, Adam took the sin upon himself as well to save Eve (eventually through Chris). You can read works by M.R. DeHaan. That's the first time I came across this! I was baffled. I don't agree with this line of thinking. We cannot build theology based on what if scenarios. We should just look at past as it unfolded. Adam sinned and brought everyone in this world under sin. That's pretty much it!

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
well .... coulda ... shoulda ... woulda .... but that's not what happened ... it was indeed the fall of Adam that is .... the authority .... kingship .... was given over to satan and satan dominates the earth .... until the return of Jesus.

Genesis 3:15

14So the LORD God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and every beast of the field! On your belly will you go, and dust you will eat, all the days of your life. 15And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

This sort of "what if" thinking leads some to believe that Adam acted out love in accepting to eat the fruit from Eve. They say Adam's sin was sacrificial in nature! Just like how Christ took sin of the world upon himself, Adam took the sin upon himself as well to save Eve (eventually through Chris). You can read works by M.R. DeHaan. That's the first time I came across this! I was baffled. I don't agree with this line of thinking. We cannot build theology based on what if scenarios. We should just look at past as it unfolded. Adam sinned and brought everyone in this world under sin. That's pretty much it!

I was taught that if Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would have lived in the Garden of Eden forever, as immortals. I'm not sure if they would have had children there, no one seems to go into that. That is also a "what if scenario." That is also a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" scenario. The two of you seem to be saying that creationists can use a "what if" scenario when it is convenient, but those critical of creationism cannot.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The outcome would be that God would expel Eve from the Garden of Eden but Adam would still be left inside. I don't think this would work out. With Adam and Eve separated, there would be no human race.
I don't think that we have any basis for deciding what God would have done if this scenario were what happened. You're probably right that it would change things and Adam would remain innocent, but that's about all.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was taught that if Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would have lived in the Garden of Eden forever, as immortals. I'm not sure if they would have had children there, no one seems to go into that. That is also a "what if scenario." That is also a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" scenario. The two of you seem to be saying that creationists can use a "what if" scenario when it is convenient, but those critical of creationism cannot.

well before they sinned .... the Lord told them to be fruitful and multiply ....

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth.”

So ... children were definitely planned through pro-creation through them.

The coulda, should, woulda ... is from the information regarding ... in that ... info from the Lord is not in HUGE in written detail ... but makes sense to me ... He is the creator and He don't need to prove Himself.

It is kind of interesting tho .... as He states that us humans seeing His creation is in fact proof of His existence.

Romans 1:20

20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship (of creation), so that men are without excuse.

Design? or .... millions/billions of random events over millions/billions of years????

I'm sticking with the Lord ... others choose differently ... so be it.

Upvote 0

ravindraneee

Aug 25, 2013
New Jersey, USA
✟15,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure how this is related with creation. They would have had children because God promised them children before fall. Would they have remained immortals? It a question to which no one would have answer to

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not sure how this is related with creation. They would have had children because God promised them children before fall. Would they have remained immortals? It a question to which no one would have answer to

They had access to the Tree of Life in the Garden. Doesn't that make them immortal?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When Eve picked the tangerine from the forbidden tree, and ate it, what if she had kept all the tangerines for herself?

The fruit was not a tangerine or any known fruit that we now eat. it was unique.

Instead of sharing the tangerines with Adam, she could have hidden them so that Adam couldn't find them. After eating the forbidden fruit, she could have been filled with the spirit of selfishness.

Given that is a made-up nonsensical hypothetical situation that was never going to happen, you will only get back nonsensical hypothetical answers.

God already knew before he made the world how this would play out, God is outside of time and can see the beginning, middle and end. He didn't 'discover' or find out what Eve had done.
The fall of man lies squarely on Adam's shoulders not Eve's. Adam was given the directive and the New Testament tells us it was his sin not Eve's the caused the fall.
Romans 5:12-14

Death in Adam, Life in Christ
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

1 Cor 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

This is because sin came through “one man” and so we are saved by “one Man,”

Then the world would have been in an impossible position. The human race would have died out right then. The point of the fall was so that men and woman could choose and be saved. There was no other way for God to have a people unto himself than to give us free choice. The opposite of free choice is no choice, to be like automated robots. God didn't and doesn't want that, he wants people to choose. The garden of Eden was never for eternity, it's perfection was simply a taste of the New Heavens and New World planned. It was never designed to be forever.

2 Peter 3:13
But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1-27

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

There was no possibility because God foresaw it all. He knew man would fall and Knew that Jesus would have to come to redeem the people unto himself for this New World. The New World with the group of people who have chosen God is the plan. This world is simply the part that sifts the wheat from the chaff for it.

• Winner
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The fruit was not a tangerine or any known fruit that we now eat. it was unique.

Given that is a made-up nonsensical hypothetical situation that was never going to happen, you will only get back nonsensical hypothetical answers.

God already knew before he made the world how this would play out, God is outside of time and can see the beginning, middle and end. He didn't 'discover' or find out what Eve had done.
The fall of man lies squarely on Adam's shoulders not Eve's. Adam was given the directive and the New Testament tells us it was his sin not Eve's the caused the fall.
Romans 5:12-14

Death in Adam, Life in Christ
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

1 Cor 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

This is because sin came through “one man” and so we are saved by “one Man,”

Then the world would have been in an impossible position. The human race would have died out right then. The point of the fall was so that men and woman could choose and be saved. There was no other way for God to have a people unto himself than to give us free choice. The opposite of free choice is no choice, to be like automated robots. God didn't and doesn't want that, he wants people to choose. The garden of Eden was never for eternity, it's perfection was simply a taste of the New Heavens and New World planned. It was never designed to be forever.

2 Peter 3:13
But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1-27

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

There was no possibility because God foresaw it all. He knew man would fall and Knew that Jesus would have to come to redeem the people unto himself for this New World. The New World with the group of people who have chosen God is the plan. This world is simply the part that sifts the wheat from the chaff for it.

Coffee: "He didn't 'discover' or find out what Eve had done."

The story is composed to give the impression that God did "discover" the transgressions of Eve and Adam.

Coffee: "The fall of man lies squarely on Adam's shoulders not Eve's. Adam was given the directive and the New Testament tells us it was his sin not Eve's the caused the fall."

Then why did God punish Eve and all later women with pain in childbirth?

To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”
Genesis 3:16 NIV

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The story is composed to give the impression that God did "discover" the transgressions of Eve and Adam.

To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”
Genesis 3:16 NIV

Yes, I know God makes it look like he discovered it, but we know that God knows everything. Jesus tended to do the same. :)
For example, before feeding the crowd
35 By this time it was late in the day, so his disciples came to him. “This is a remote place,” they said, “and it’s already very late. 36 Send the people away so that they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”

37 But he answered, “You give them something to eat.”

They said to him, “That would take more than half a year’s wages! Are we to go and spend that much on bread and give it to them to eat?”

He already knew they would not be able to feed them. I find it amusing. We know that Jesus knew things beforehand, like when he told peter "Truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." Matthew 26:34 so it isn't like God doesn't know what is going to happen. I think when God does this it is for our benefit, the person realizes that God knows everything, that he knows our needs even before we do but also that we can't hide from God, we can't hide our sin. It teaches us something about ourselves and God.

Coffee: "The fall of man lies squarely on Adam's shoulders not Eve's. Adam was given the directive and the New Testament tells us it was his sin not Eve's the caused the fall."

Then why did God punish Eve and all later women with pain in childbirth?

She still had to answer for her own sin, so the punishment passes down but not the sin nature, that comes from Adam.
Or are you asking why should us women bare Eve's punishment? I don't know the answer to that, just that we do. I can tell you as a woman, childbirth is no joke. It's called labour for a reason. I assume it is because Eve is the 'mother of all the living'.
Genesis 3:20
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

So there is some form of passing down occurring. That somehow what they did before the fall is somehow inherited by us.Not just Adam and Eve were cursed, the creation is too.
Romans 8:22
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

Notice Jesus didn't have an earthly father only a mother because if he had an earthly father he would have also had a sin nature, but he didn't. Then since he was a man he didn't share in Eves punishment, so he truly was the only sin-free man. The saviour had to be sin-free.

Plus while she sinned, she was deceived, Adam wasn't. I think that is another important detail.
1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner
He sinned in a different way from her. His was a more aware and purposeful sin.
To me its the difference between someone losing their temper or someone who plots to rob a shop, one is premeditated the other is not.

Also notice that creation bits and pieces are woven throughout scripture, it is not just in the book of Genesis. This is another reason why I am a creationist.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

LOL! God created Eve---He could have given him another.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
They had access to the Tree of Life in the Garden. Doesn't that make them immortal?

|That is why they were kicked out of the garden--
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
God could have created another Eve, if He knew Creation could not be redeemed (by Jesus).

I myself have been tempted to poke holes in scripture, but what I came to gradually realise, is that God may allow differences of opinion, but He does not bless them.

In this we become wise, then, that the serpent, waited until Eve was neither confident of God or afraid for Adam (and divided man against man).

Dividing man against man, is not wrong, if you allow the seed after him to grow the stronger.

In the same we become harmless as doves, that though we cannot restore man to man, yet we can intercede for the seed to come (that it become the stronger).

I just want to say, that culturally, we face an obstacle, in terms of interceding for the seed to come, that the world regards it less and less a strength - despite our best efforts - this is the Devil's doing: what we need then, is the particular Word of the Holy Spirit, to face the Devil with, only then will we gain ground above and beyond what the Devil has turned over to destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

How do you know God would have kicked out Eve from the garden?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that we have any basis for deciding what God would have done if this scenario were what happened. You're probably right that it would change things and Adam would remain innocent, but that's about all.

We forget who Jesus' dad was....we know Jesus' mom...Mary...had a sin nature, but Jesus didn't. If only Eve had fallen humankind would not have a sin nature.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've heard something similar...Adam ate so he wouldn't be seperated from Eve.

But as you said...We cannot build theology based on what if scenarios.

• Agree
Reactions: ravindraneee
Upvote 0