Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know what you mean, I ask a fellow once if you have to choose between the two which would you choose, and he said "church".

That is tragic. If one's faith is as solid as one suggests, it should stand up to intense scrutiny. An inability to put such scrutiny on the table is a disservice to the Truth. HaShem Himself desires his own to seek Him out with all their heart.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
That is tragic. If one's faith is as solid as one suggests, it should stand up to intense scrutiny. An inability to put such scrutiny on the table is a disservice to the Truth. HaShem Himself desires his own to seek Him out with all their heart.
Aint that the truth, and upon further quizzing, it was clear that he understood my question and would side with the church over the Lord in all matters.

Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Aint that the truth, and upon further quizzing, it was clear that he understood my question and would side with the church over the Lord in all matters.

Unfortunately, questioning of many kinds is not always viewed positively in religious circles. The response is often falsehood, rather than the truth. The old adage remains true: "One lies, and another swears by it."

Even more true are the words of Melekh David, as written in Tehillah 15:

Adonai, who does sojourn in Your Tent? Who does dwell in Your set-apart mountain? He who walks blamelessly, and does righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart. He has not slandered with his tongue, he has not done evil to his neighbour, nor lifted up a reproach against his friend; in whose eyes a reprobate one is despised, but he esteems those who fear Adonai; he who swears to his own hurt and does not change; he has not put out his silver at interest, and has not taken a bribe against the innocent.

He who does these is never moved.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe whoever said it's a process has it correct. Then whoever pointed out the distinctions between being saved from what hit the nail on the head too.

John 1:12 - "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--"

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0