Thunderchild

Sheep in Wolf's clothing
Jan 5, 2002
Adelaide
Visit site
✟3,180.00
Faith
Non-Denom
While it is true that a person does not stop learning while he lives (and that does not apply only to matters of the faith) - there is a pointer in the Bible to when a person can be considered to have attained an acceptable level of maturity.

When the person no longer needs (the milk) teaching the elementary points of doctrine.

Hbr 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hbr 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

This point can be considered to have been reached upon the development of two inter-related conditions (or is it three?).
1/ the person can not be swayed from sound doctrine by the winds of contrary opinion
2/ the person is demonstrated to be a workman approved of God - both in conduct, and in his ability to properly interpret (and demonstrate the validity of his interpretation of) the scriptures.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think there is a dividing line of any sort. In fact, I don't think there is such a category. I think that some Christians are more prepared and mature than others, but it isn't a clear line that separates them from the rest of us.

Being a Christian is a journey, a courtship with God. When does a person who's on a journey stop being a tourist? When they get home. When does a fiance start being a spouse? When they get married.

So we are all "new Christians," moving toward the maturity that life, hard work and God build into us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.