Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brothers and sister, the 2300-year prophesy that started the Seventh-day Adventist world church was the beginning of a greater understanding of the Sabbath, due to the unit used of "evenings and mornings" that takes us back to the first day.

He said to me, "It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated." (Daniel 8:14 NIV)​

This unit of "evenings and mornings" take us back to the first day of Genesis. What we have not understood is that "evening" falls in the middle of the "first day" and not at the beginning. The "first day" is from first light to light again in the morning and later days from morning to morning until the first Sabbath from morning to morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Israel remembers the Sabbath in the Eden time zone, confirmed by the International Date Line (IDL) because the Sabbath in Israel reveals where God taught us to count the days with the week, pointing to the site of our origin. Many biblical passages confirm that the day is from morning to morning, like the rules of eating Passover. This is such a remarkable find that I have written a book on the subject titled: “Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin”. Recently found was more evidence by others in the story of the manna, that the day is from morning to morning.

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. (John 16:12-14 NIV)​

The Holy Spirit has not led to the wide adoption of the Sabbath from Judaism because it is a "human tradition" for other places outside the Israel time zone. The Holy Spirit has not favored Saturday over Sunday among new Christians because both are traditions made up for those who have not loved the truth in God's word to look for it as hidden treasure. We can do better than Judaism to "remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy"!

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” (Mark 7:8-13 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What we have not understood is that "evening" falls in the middle of the "first day" and not at the beginning. The "first day" is from first light to light again in the morning and later days from morning to morning until the first Sabbath from morning to morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Israel remembers the Sabbath in the Eden time zone, confirmed by the International Date Line (IDL) because the Sabbath in Israel reveals where God taught us to count the days with the week, pointing to the site of our origin. Many biblical passages confirm that the day is from morning to morning, like the rules of eating Passover.

"From evening to evening" is the day in the Bible - and on day 7 evening did not start at noon and did not occur in the middle of the day. So I am not sure where you are going with this.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit has not led to the wide adoption of the Sabbath from Judaism because it is a "human tradition" for other places outside the Israel time zone.

interesting suggestion but I don't see any evidence for it.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
interesting suggestion but I don't see any evidence for it.
Brother, let's consider the most recent evidence in the manna story. Every day except the day before a Sabbath, collected was the manna in the "morning" and lasted until the next "morning". The day before a Sabbath, it would last past the ending "morning" of the previous day until a second day that also ends in a "morning". Clearly, a day for the manna story is from "morning" to "morning" and the Sabbath begins with a "morning" with no manna found and the manna of the previous day lasting beyond the end "morning" of the previous day for two days instead of one. Note that the word evening is not mentioned at all.

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ ” So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today. Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.” (Exodus 16:19-26 NIV)​

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Note that the word evening is not mentioned at all.

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ ” So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today. Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.” (Exodus 16:19-26 NIV)​

True - because the focus was on the fact that the manna would show up in the morning. And on Friday it would "preserve" so that when collected in the morning of Friday it would still be good in the morning of Saturday -- unlike all the other days.

How is this even an issue?

==============================

12 “I have heard the grumblings of the sons of Israel; speak to them, saying, ‘At twilight you shall eat meat, and in the morning you shall be filled with bread; and you shall know that I am the Lord your God.’”

13 So it came about at evening that the quails came up and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the layer of dew evaporated, behold, on the surface of the wilderness there was a fine flake-like thing, fine as the frost on the ground. 15 When the sons of Israel saw it, they said to one another, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, “It is the bread which the Lord has given you to eat. 16 This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Everyone gather as much as he will eat; you shall take an omer apiece according to the number of people each of you has in his tent.’” 17 The sons of Israel did so, and some gathered much and some little. 18 When they measured it by the omer, the one who had gathered much did not have too much, and the one who had gathered little did not have too little; everyone gathered as much as he would eat. 19 Moses said to them, “No one is to leave any of it until morning.” 20 But they did not listen to Moses, and some left part of it until morning, and it bred worms and stank; and Moses was angry with them. 21 They gathered it morning by morning, everyone as much as he would eat; but when the sun became hot, it would melt.

The Sabbath
22 Now on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for each one. When all the leaders of the congregation came and told Moses, 23 then he said to them, “This is what the Lord meant: Tomorrow is a Sabbath observance, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake and boil what you will boil, and all that is left over put aside to be kept until morning.” 24 So they put it aside until morning, as Moses had ordered, and it did not stink nor was there a maggot in it. 25 Then Moses said, “Eat it today, for today is a Sabbath to the Lord; today you will not find it in the field. 26 Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will be none.”

Again.. nothing here to contradict the "evening and morning" sequence for a single day.

• Agree
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Brothers and sister, the 2300-year prophesy that started the Seventh-day Adventist world church was the beginning of a greater understanding of the Sabbath, due to the unit used of "evenings and mornings" that takes us back to the first day.

He said to me, "It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated." (Daniel 8:14 NIV)​

This unit of "evenings and mornings" take us back to the first day of Genesis. What we have not understood is that "evening" falls in the middle of the "first day" and not at the beginning. The "first day" is from first light to light again in the morning and later days from morning to morning until the first Sabbath from morning to morning.

Israel remembers the Sabbath in the Eden time zone, confirmed by the International Date Line (IDL) because the Sabbath in Israel reveals where God taught us to count the days with the week, pointing to the site of our origin. Many biblical passages confirm that the day is from morning to morning, like the rules of eating Passover. This is such a remarkable find that I have written a book on the subject titled: “Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin”. Recently found was more evidence by others in the story of the manna, that the day is from morning to morning.

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. (John 16:12-14 NIV)​

The Holy Spirit has not led to the wide adoption of the Sabbath from Judaism because it is a "human tradition" for other places outside the Israel time zone. The Holy Spirit has not favored Saturday over Sunday among new Christians because both are traditions made up for those who have not loved the truth in God's word to look for it as hidden treasure. We can do better than Judaism to "remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy"!

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” (Mark 7:8-13 NIV)​

Just curious if this is a doctrine you learned at Andrews University? My father received his doctorate in Theology at Andrews and the day starts from sundown to sundown a full 24 hours is a day. Not sure I'm following you here.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
True - because the focus was on the fact that the manna would show up in the morning. And on Friday it would "preserve" so that when collected in the morning of Friday it would still be good in the morning of Saturday -- unlike all the other days. How is this even an issue? . . . Again.. nothing here to contradict the "evening and morning" sequence for a single day.
Brother, consider when is the point in time when the day before ends and begins the next day in the manna story.

However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. (Exodus 16:20 NIV)​

When it lasts a day above, it goes bad after the "morning" but when it lasts two days below it does not spoil after the "morning". The end of the day before and the beginning of the next day is in the "morning".

So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. (Exodus 16:24 NIV)​

According to Genesis, revealed is "morning" as the point in time that ends the first day and begins the second day. God creates during the day-half and has nothing to report during the night-half. That is why He mentions the beginning "evening" and the end "morning" with nothing to report during the period of the night that ends each day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Just curious if this is a doctrine you learned at Andrews University? My father received his doctorate in Theology at Andrews and the day starts from sundown to sundown a full 24 hours is a day. Not sure I'm following you here.
Sister, I learned this after Andrews! Talking to someone about the 2300 year prophesy. He wasn't convinced that the 2300 were days because he went back to Genesis and concluded that evening to morning was only half a day. Comparing what Genesis says with what Leviticus says, I concluded that he was right, from evening to morning is only the night-half that ends the first day that started with the day-half of light.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, I learned this after Andrews! Talking to someone about the 2300 year prophesy. He wasn't convinced that the 2300 were days because he went back to Genesis and concluded that evening to morning was only half a day. Comparing what Genesis says with what Leviticus says, I concluded that he was right, from evening to morning is only the night-half that ends the first day that started with the day-half of light.

That's good to know that you did not learn this at Andrews! I do not think this teaching is Biblical. A day is 24 hours from sundown to sundown. God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
That's good to know that you did not learn this at Andrews! I do not think this teaching is Biblical. A day is 24 hours from sundown to sundown. God Bless.
Sister, don't say goodbye so quickly, Andrews prepared me to recognize the truth when I see it.

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 NIV)​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, don't say goodbye so quickly, Andrews prepared me to recognize the truth when I see it.

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 NIV)​

You say you're an SDA, but I do not know of any SDA who believes this. Have you talked to your pastor about it?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You say you're an SDA, but I do not know of any SDA who believes this. Have you talked to your pastor about it?
Sister, unfortunately I haven't been to church in years. I congregate online! I take care of my mother who has dementia and needs constant supervision.

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (1 Timothy 5:8 NIV)​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, unfortunately I haven't been to church in years. I congregate online! I take care of my mother who has dementia and needs constant supervision.

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (1 Timothy 5:8 NIV)​

If you trust Pastor Doug, maybe you can reach out to him for guidance. I think its important to understand this as a member of the SDA church, you want to ensure you are keeping all of the Sabbath Holy. God Bless!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If you trust Pastor Doug, maybe you can reach out to him for guidance. I think its important to understand this as a member of the SDA church. God Bless!
Sister, no human being can save you, you must put your trust in God. I don't need a human to interpret the Bible for me, I can understand it myself thanks to God.

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him. (1 John 2:26-27 NIV)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, no human being can save you, you must put your trust in God. I don't need a human to interpret the Bible for me, I can understand it myself thanks to God.

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him. (1 John 2:26-27 NIV)​

I never said anything about a human saving us, I know only God can save us. Because you are saying you are an SDA, you are not sharing similar values on how to keep the Sabbath, which is a fundamental part of the SDA beliefs, keeping Sabbath from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. All I am suggesting is to reach out to your pastor, maybe the one you watch online. God Bless.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I never said anything about a human saving us, I know only God can save us. Because you are saying you are an SDA, you are not sharing similar values on how to keep the Sabbath, which is a fundamental part of the SDA beliefs, keeping Sabbath from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. All I am suggesting is to reach out to your pastor, maybe the one you watch online. God Bless.
Sister, has it ever occurred to you that I'm right and the church is wrong? As far as I know, I am the only one who correctly remembers to keep the Sabbath holy in my time zone. There is no one I can follow online. I follow what God reveals to me in His word. I am with the apostles who said "we must obey God rather than human beings!".

Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! (Acts 5:29 NIV)​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, has it ever occurred to you that I'm right and the church is wrong? As far as I know, I am the only one who correctly remembers to keep the Sabbath holy in my time zone. There is no one I can follow online. I follow what God reveals to me in His word. I am with the apostles who said "we must obey God rather than human beings!".

Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! (Acts 5:29 NIV)​

I think this might be an area you need to pray about. What if you’re wrong and have not been keeping the Sabbath the way God intended. You claim to belong to a denomination, If you trust in your faith that it led you to the SDA church, don't you think you should also have faith and reach out to a pastor in our church to have a discussion on this subject? God does not want you to fly solo, there is a support system for situations like this. Other SDA members have provided scriptures and they have also spent significant amount of time studying the Bible, so maybe have some faith and not rely on just your own interpretation but have a discussion with a pastor in your church. I mean this in the sincerest way.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I think you may be on your own with this belief which is not a teaching held by anyone I know from the SDA church, the nation of ISRAEL, Hebrews or Jews or any other Sabbath keeping church's I know. What your promoting here is not biblical according to the scriptures. Happy to share why according to the scriptures...

In the Hebrew the word for "day" for example "the evening and the morning were the first day" - Genesis 1:5 has many different meanings and application in the scriptures.

Let's first look at the Hebrew Word for day first as it has multiple meanings and applications..

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong
Hebrew word for day - H3117 יום; yôm. From an unused root meaning to be hot ; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next, or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (.. . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

I was going to post the AV occurrences and different applicaitions of the Hebrew word day - H3117 יום; yôm but found there was too many to post (e.g. there is 2212 Instances, 635 Word applications based on the various definitions above from the Strongs.)

You can see in the Genesis 1 applications alone the Hebrew word day - H3117 יום; yôm is to both the time period making up a "full day" which is the context defined and stated in the scriptures as both evening (night or darkness e.g the context in Genesis 1:5 states the darkness God called night and the light day) and the morning (light or daylight) or "day light hours alone or the heat of the day." It is the context and the within scripture definitions that determine the application of the Hebrew word meanings. This is the rule for both Hebrew and Greek language applications that define word definitions.

I believe your mistake here is not applying contextual application to the Hebrew that the scripture pre-define what is meant by a full day as sunset (darkness he called night) to sunset (daylight he called day) - "and the evening (darkness - night) and the morning (day light) was the first day" which is Gods Word (not mine) showing a full day in God's time as being "sunset to sunset"

What your actually promoting here is anti-sabbath material which is not biblical and that all of Isreal including Jesus and the Apostles got the Sabbath time wrong. May I ask that you may prayerfully consider what is being shared with you from one brother to another and receive God's blessing.

May you receive correction dear friend and be blessed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I think this might be an area you need to pray about. What if you’re wrong and have not been keeping the Sabbath the way God intended. You claim to belong to a denomination, I think it might be a bit self-serving to not reach out to any pastor in our church to have a discussion on this subject. God does not want you to fly solo, there is a support system for situations like this. Other SDA members have provided scriptures and they have also spent significant amount of time studying the Bible, so maybe have some faith and not rely on just your own interpretation but have a discussion with your pastor or someone who you believe when watching sermons online. I mean this in the sincerest way.
God Bless!
Sister, I sent letters to all willing to listen and grew tremendously in the process. History shows what works. We kept the Sabbath from 6 to 6 pm for 8 years before changing to sunset. For church growth to occur, all members must know the new truth that causes a division in the church and then the leadership will study the issue to arrive at the truth that unites us. Leadership will not accept a truth that will divide us when there is unity, they will only seek a new truth to unite us when there is division. History tells me that I must start at the bottom and tell everyone and only when everyone knows and divided is the church on the issue, then the leadership will take action to study and arrive at the truth that unites us.

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. (Romans 15:4 NIV)​

• Optimistic
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0