Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jews, Judaism, believe that the one like the son of man in Daniel 7 who is given a kingdom, is a personification of them, the nation of Israel. They reject that it is Jesus.
Many Christians today seem to also not recognize the fulfillment of the Son of Man (in Daniel 7) has been completed and that's why I'm insistent on not cutting off our foundational root from our Christian story.

I think the confusion is in a lack of recognition that modern-day Judaism is distinct from the ancient religion of the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the Kingdom will come at the 2nd coming; and Christ the King will rule the whole earth for everlasting to everlasting.
Jesus said He's already been given that authority. That's the point that I see for God to take on flesh and live among His creation - to demonstrate His love for us AND to demonstrate His power and glory.

Matthew 28:18 - Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me."

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is continually done the other way around and for a reason.

Those who have power, wealth, or oppress in the world of man, seeking gain at the expense of others, instead prefer the salvation gospel. The Gospel of the Kingdom had become a stumbling block to them for putting the will of God ahead of their own, thus loving all as self puts a damper on their worldly ways. The gospel of salvation alone (which is only part of the whole) lets them have it both ways, but that is not the will of God, but simply typical human redefinition of good and evil to suit their needs
I think you are confusing your thoughts. It appears as though really what you are criticizing is the so-called prosperity gospel, but are inappropriately referring to it as the salvation gospel.

The gospel of salvation is God's Will; and to inherit the Kingdom of God, is inseparable.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're going to get differing opinions on when Christianity began. Somewhere between the annunciation and the day of Pentecost after the crucifixion.

The statement of faith is the Nicene Creed.

I agree with this. If your just looking for the WORD..when did they start calling them that.. 1st others used that name to make fun of them. But for ME Christian is Christ like. So over 2000y now.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you are confusing your thoughts. It appears as though really what you are criticizing is the so-called prosperity gospel,
No, that is yet another gospel the worldly like to promote to self justify.

I remain firm in what I said about the worldly's own brand of salvation.... rather than putting the will of God before our own, thus loving all as self they prefer another gospel. Those who have power, wealth, or oppress in the world of man prefer the salvation gospel as their self justification because loving all as self puts an immediate stop to gain at the expense of others along with economic and class divide.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I remain firm in what I said about the worldly's own brand of salvation.... rather than putting the will of God before our own, thus loving all as self they prefer another gospel. Those who have power, wealth, or oppress in the world of man prefer the salvation gospel because loving all as self puts an immediate stop to gain at the expense of others along with economic and class divide.
Well, you are not talking about the gospel of salvation that is in the bible. The gospel of salvation that is in the bible is the only way a person can inherit the Kingdom of God.

1Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The gospel of salvation that is in the bible is the only way a person can inherit the Kingdom of God.
It is only a part of the Gospel of the Kingdom. Leaving out the rest allows those of this world to self justify their greedy and oppressive ways as they refuse to love all a self while claiming their sins are covered. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is only a part of the Gospel of the Kingdom. Leaving out the rest allows those of this world to self justify their greedy and oppressive ways as they refuse to love all a self while claiming their sins are covered. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
You are too ambiguous, speaking in broad generalities, for me to understand whatever point you are trying to make.

Christianity began when Jesus opened the disciples' understanding regarding his death and resurrection. And sent them out as witnesses to preach the gospel of salvation to the nations. Whatever points you are trying to make, doesn't change that.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And sent them out as witnesses to preach the gospel of salvation to the nations. Whatever points you are trying to make, doesn't change that.

Matthew 24: 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Luke 16: 15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Luke 4: 43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Mark 1: 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Matthew 4: 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom...

Matthew 24: 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 9: 35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom

Luke 8: 1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not referring to modern-day Judaism. However, Christianity IS rooted in ancient Judaism.
Just as Islam is "rooted in' both Judaism and Christianity, and Buddhism is "rooted in' Hinduism. But it would be ridiculous to claim that for this reason we're talking about only two religions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just as Islam is "rooted in' both Judaism and Christianity, and Buddhism is "rooted in' Hinduism. But it would be ridiculous to claim that for this reason we're talking about only two religions.
You seem to be dividing what God has brought together (and missing my point). The mystery of the "one new man" Paul wrote about was the Jews (of ancient Judaism - not today's modern religion) and Gentiles becoming united in Christ. This is what I'm referring to:

Ephesians 2:17-20: He brought this Good News of peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and peace to the Jews who were near. Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟787,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
God began with Adam and Eve
God then left man for then 2000 years; lets see what they do.
After Noah, God calls Abram out of idolatry " leave your Father and come to a land that I will give you.
The comes the covenant and the promise for the descendants, as numerous as the stars in the sky. now called Abraham.
The Israelites who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob continue to create problems and be reestablished many times. They are the only chosen people of God in the Old Testament, But God's Word will not return to Him Void. In other words, He Keeps His Promises for His Names sake and the Kingdom will come at the 2nd coming; and Christ the King will rule the whole earth for everlasting to everlasting.

Then the Christians.
Huh? Are you saying Christianity comes only after the second coming and establishment of his kingdom?

All I was saying is that Christianity is founded on God himself, Jesus Christ, slain from the foundation of the world, our Redemption, and has visibly been a theme since the fall.

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? Are you saying Christianity comes only after the second coming and establishment of his kingdom?

All I was saying is that Christianity is founded on God himself, Jesus Christ, slain from the foundation of the world, our Redemption, and has visibly been a theme since the fall.
I did not mean to say "then the Christian" .. My Bad

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 2:17-20: He brought [...] peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and peace to the Jews who were near.
Here we have the two groups: "you Gentiles", and [...] "the Jews".
Even if God combines these two into one group, believing Gentiles aren't Israel and Israel aren't Gentiles.
The key word I used was "continues". I'm not "taking from" anyone.
I think the confusion is in a lack of recognition that modern-day Judaism is distinct from the ancient religion of the Bible.
The key of the problem is that, according to you, the name of Israel suddenly refers to believing Gentiles.
And since you say that modern day Judaism is distinct from "the ancient religion ", ... voilá modern day Jews aren't Israel anymore, according to you. So you did take the name from them and gave it to someone else.
And that's the problem.
Israel is part of Jewishness.
Please leave them their identity.
EDITED

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here we have the two groups: "you Gentiles", and [...] "the Jews".
Even if God combines these two into one group, believing Gentiles aren't Israel and Israel aren't Gentiles.

The key of the problem is that, according to you, the name of Israel suddenly refers to believing Gentiles.
And since you say that modern day Judaism is distinct from "the ancient religion ", ... voilá modern day Jews aren't Israel anymore, according to you. So you did take the name from them and gave it to someone else.
And that's the problem.
Israel is part of Jewishness.
Please leave them their identity.
EDITED
In the Bible, "Israel" is used for "the People of God" (you and I have had this discussion already). There were Gentiles brought into the assembly early on - so the common link was that they were following God.

Geopolitical Israel is just that - a *place* on the map. Jesus told the Samaritan woman that soon - to her (prior to the destruction of Jerusalem) - people would worship in Spirit and Truth and not at any *place*.

John 4:23-24 - But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you and I have had this discussion already
Yeah, indeed. So you reiterate your claim that ""Israel" always meant "PEOPLE of God".[...] Prior to the New Covenant - faith was always what caused a person to be considered righteous and a citizen of the People of God"
May I ask, did you miss my reply to this?
I said that Nebuchadnezzar proved you wrong. A non-Israelite having great faith, see post here.
Same applies to Gentile believers worshipping Him in truth today.
Let me quote @Douggg here: you don't become a Jew by virtue of becoming a Christian. Very good sentence, Doug.
Thomas

Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When did the Christianity begin?

What is the statement of faith?
It says in Acts, I believe, they started calling themselves Christians.
Interestingly though, I have had non believers tell me Christianity is a fairly new religion. I respond that Christians do not see a disconnect between the Old and the New; the savior was waited for all along, so Christianity is in fact not new, it is the fulfillment of the Old Testament.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yet there are those that prefer the tenets of the religion compared to living in the ways of the Kingdom as commanded. There is Christian by name and Christian by way of life. Not the same. How can one claim to represent the Kingdom/governance of God while refusing to let go of the governance/will of man? The two are opposite ideals. They cannot live as one.

One could say Christianity began as for back as the Garden when God said my will, not yours. It has always been His teaching and was the basis of Jesus' teachings, His Gospel of the Kingdom of God over the will of man. 'Thy Kingdom come, they will be done in earth as it is in Heaven'.

Upvote 0