Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But we have Jesus's finished work on the cross, while they did not.

I thought that was already established in Romans and Galatians. Did you miss it?

That is far from the point. We are talking about your interpretation of Romans 5:13 and 14. You interpret that verse to mean that nobody was held accountable for since because the law was given to Moses. So I am asking you about the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. We they not held accountable for their sins. This is the 4th time I am asking.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is far from the point. We are talking about your interpretation of Romans 5:13 and 14. You interpret that verse to mean that nobody was held accountable for since because the law was given to Moses. So I am asking you about the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. We they not held accountable for their sins. This is the 4th time I am asking.

Paul was making the point that people after Adam still died even though their Individual sins were not imputed to them.

Why did they die then? Because they sin in Adam. Adam’s disobedience was imputed to them.

So those in sodom and g died because of Adam sin. I didn’t realise I had to explain even that to you. Is that a clear enough answer for you?

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul was making the point that people after Adam still died even though their Individual sins were not imputed to them.

Why did they die then? Because they sin in Adam. Adam’s disobedience was imputed to them.

So those in sodom and g died because of Adam sin. I didn’t realise I had to explain even that to you. Is that a clear enough answer for you?

Nope, that is wrong. If they died because of Adam's sin, why did God single them out out of everybody else he destroyed. Plus, that is clearly not what the bible says because the bible explains clearly why they were destroyed. Are you not accept the reason given in scripture?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, that is wrong. If they died because of Adam's sin, why did God single them out out of everybody else he destroyed. Plus, that is clearly not what the bible says because the bible explains clearly why they were destroyed. Are you not accept the reason given in scripture?

If you don't want to accept Paul's reasoning in Romans 5:12-13 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:", that is fine by me.

But please don't claim I have not answered your question.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

That is silly. We suffer the consequence of Adam's sin (death) but we are not born guilty of it

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The last verse that I used clearly stated that a Christian is not under the law.

You want to disagree with that?

Read it again...the key word is justified". Sin is the transgression of the law. We are no longer under the curse.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't want to accept Paul's reasoning in Romans 5:12-13 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:", that is fine by me.

But please don't claim I have not answered your question.

Why you believe that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by Adam's sin when the bible CLEARLY tells us they were destroyed because of their own iniquity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is silly. We suffer the consequence of Adam's sin (death) but we are not born guilty of it
Its extremely ridiculous. If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of Adam's sin which was imputed to them, why didn't he destroy every single individual since we all have fallen because of Adam's sin.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read it again...the key word is justified". Sin is the transgression of the law. We are no longer under the curse.

If we are no longer under the law, naturally we won’t be under the curse of breaking the law.

You want the latter but not the former even though both are mentioned in that Galatians? Be my guest then

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you don’t get this part, then likewise as romans 5:12-19 is saying, you won’t fully get what imputed righteousness from Jesus death burial and resurrection really meant.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its extremely ridiculous. If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of Adam's sin which was imputed to them, why didn't he destroy every single individual since we all have fallen because of Adam's sin.

In case you have forgotten, we are now in the grace dispensation where God the father is long suffering, not willing that any should perish...

But when the rapture of the church happens, you will see God pouring his wrath once again on the earth

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In case you have forgotten, we are now in the grace dispensation where God the father is long suffering, not willing that any should perish...

But when the rapture of the church happens, you will see God pouring his wrath once again on the earth

So before the "Grace Dispensation" God wanted people to perish. So God changed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If we are no longer under the law, naturally we won’t be under the curse of breaking the law.

You want the latter but not the former even though both are mentioned in that Galatians? Be my guest then

then you believe there is no sin

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you don’t get this part, then likewise as romans 5:12-19 is saying, you won’t fully get what imputed righteousness from Jesus death burial and resurrection really meant.

I know exactly what it means. It says what I said "through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned". Death was the consequence of Adam's sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know exactly what it means. It says what I said "through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned". Death was the consequence of Adam's sin.

God saw us as sin because of Adam as our federal head, sinned. This is independent of what we do.

Much more now, God sees us as righteous because we received what Jesus our new federal head, did on the cross. This is again independent of our actions.

As in many things, understanding n our heart is very different from just remembering the words

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So before the "Grace Dispensation" God wanted people to perish. So God changed?

God wanted to provoke the Jews to jealousy, thus thru Christ dbr, made it very easy for us gentiles to be saved, romans 9-11 has the details

Upvote 0