✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Your posts don't need to be "enhanced" by chatbots,
So you want to accuse the chatbots of accusing the infidels. Sounds like a dog chasing his tail. The point is if you want to have speech then that part of the brain has to develop. We study the five senses in teacher training. The more senses that are involved the better people learn. Usually, we use sound and sight, but sometimes touch and smell as aids to help people to learn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
monkeys are able to talk,
This may well account for many of
the posts we see.
Did the monkeys escape from their cage again?
s-l500.png

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The best way to find out would be the ice core samples. They have air bubbles so you can determine when the atmosphere was right for primates to evolve the way they did. Conditions were much more humid for the dinosaurs. Only Turtles and Alligators have survived. They both live a very long life and grow very big.

The oldest ice is much younger than the origins of primates. Much younger. (With out checking [so only on memory], the oldest ice goes back a few hundred thousand years, maybe a million or so. Primates emerge about 50 Mya.) Dinosaurs, turtles, and alligators are completely irrelevant.

It's not the atmospheric conditions that drive development of speech, but rather the usefulness of that form of communication, the nature of apes as social species, etc. Ice core samples will tell you nothing relevant here.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The best way to find out would be the ice core samples. They have air bubbles so you can determine when the atmosphere was right for primates to evolve the way they did. Conditions were much more humid for the dinosaurs. Only Turtles and Alligators have survived. They both live a very long life and grow very big.

What do ice core samples have to do with the evolution of speech?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you want to accuse the chatbots of accusing the infidels.

Re-read my post. It was *you* that I said was casting aspersions on my for my non-belief, not the chatbots. That post looks like it wasn't rewritten by a bot. It is what I would prefer.

What I did say was that your writing would be more understandable if you left out the irrelevancy. For example, in this post you were replying to my comment about chatbots, and only my comment about using chatbots. None of the rest of your post (below) was needed to reply to it and it is a weird mix of general replies to the thread and weird tangents.

In short, read your posts before you hit "post reply" and delete anything that isn't a direct reply. Editing your random thoughts seems to be your most significant impediment to communication.

Sounds like a dog chasing his tail. The point is if you want to have speech then that part of the brain has to develop. We study about the five senses in teacher training. The more sense that are involved the better people learn. Usually we use sound and site, but sometimes touch and smell as aids to help people to learn.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What do ice core samples have to do with the evolution of speech?
I told you, ice core samples have to do with the evolution of primates. People are primates. This is what the Bible refers to as the breath of life. I have a watch that I use to monitor my oxygen levels.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I told you, ice core samples have to do with the evolution of primates. People are primates. This is what the Bible refers to as the breath of life. I have a watch that I use to monitor my oxygen levels.

And that has nothing to do with the evolution of speech!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What I did say was that your writing would be more understandable if you left out the irrelevancy.
Yes, ok point taken, I well try to edit out the "irrelevancy" and keep to the point.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And that has nothing to do with the evolution of speech!
We are talking about the evolution of speech in primates. The question was, how long have we had language? The information that we have is 50 to 100,000 years. So we need to narrow it down from there.

"The exact origin and evolution of language is still a matter of debate among linguists and anthropologists, but it is estimated that human language has existed for at least 50,000 to 100,000 years. The development of language was a key factor in the evolution of modern humans, allowing for the creation of complex cultures and societies and the transmission of information and ideas across generations.

However, the exact timing and processes of the development of language are still not fully understood and remain a subject of ongoing research and debate."

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
We are talking about the evolution of speech in primates. The question was, how long have we had language? The information that we have is 50 to 100,000 years. So we need to narrow it down from there.

"The exact origin and evolution of language is still a matter of debate among linguists and anthropologists, but it is estimated that human language has existed for at least 50,000 to 100,000 years. The development of language was a key factor in the evolution of modern humans, allowing for the creation of complex cultures and societies and the transmission of information and ideas across generations.

However, the exact timing and processes of the development of language are still not fully understood and remain a subject of ongoing research and debate."

But as Hans Blaster said, the environment is now a cause for the evolution of language like you made it out to be. Oxygen levels do not dictate whether a language could evolve or not. Intelligence does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And I'm a descendent of Leif Erikson, likely the first European to ever set foot in North America, and the son of Erik the Red, the first European to set up a settlement in Greenland. What's your point? Your ancestor many centuries removed from you decides for you what translation of the Bible you ought to trust? That's odd.

I'm envious, I am just a descendant of Schlomo the fishmonger and Schimel the beggar.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm envious, I am just a descendant of Schlomo the fishmonger and Schimel the beggar.

Hey, fishmonger is and was a valid profession. For without fishmongers, who would give us fish and chips?

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I bet it was a lot longer ago than that.

Hard to picture Neanderthal or H erectus
building fires and making clothes for subzero
weather but having only grunts for vocal communication.
I will assume you are female. As a male, I can imagine getting by quite nicely with the odd grunt. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Arthur Treacher

... fish and chips dates back to the UK since the 1500s, granted brought over by Portuguese and Spanish Jews, but still.

Interesting fact though. Did not know Arthur Treacher ended up with a fish and chip chain named after him.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Oxygen levels do not dictate whether a language could evolve or not.
Dead people don't tell no tales. Without oxygen, you are not alive. In your high school biology book, go to the section on ecology, then go to the chapter on ecosystems. Then look at the section on abiotic.

Abiotic refers to non-living physical and chemical factors in an ecosystem, such as climate, temperature, soil type, light, water, and atmospheric gases. These factors play a critical role in shaping and determining the characteristics of an ecosystem, as well as influencing the growth, behavior, and distribution of living organisms. Unlike biotic factors, abiotic factors do not arise from living organisms and do not undergo biological processes.

Eco systems are very fine tuned. They are a lot more exact and precise then people realize. AV is right a day really is 24 hours, but people do not seem to understand how everything has to line up to prosper. It is easier to explain how a day is 1000 years. But I do not live in Guam an ecosystem that has only existed for 6,000 years.

The exact date of the arrival of the first humans on Guam is not known. However, it is believed that the island was first settled by the Chamorro people around 4,000 years ago. The Chamorro people are believed to have migrated to Guam from other islands in the Pacific region. Guam has a long history of human habitation and has been influenced by a variety of different cultures, including Spanish, American, and Japanese.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Dead people don't tell no tales. Without oxygen, you are not alive. In your high school biology book, go to the section on ecology, then go to the chapter on ecosystems. Then look at the section on abiotic.

Abiotic refers to non-living physical and chemical factors in an ecosystem, such as climate, temperature, soil type, light, water, and atmospheric gases. These factors play a critical role in shaping and determining the characteristics of an ecosystem, as well as influencing the growth, behavior, and distribution of living organisms. Unlike biotic factors, abiotic factors do not arise from living organisms and do not undergo biological processes.

Eco systems are very fine tuned. They are a lot more exact and precise then people realize. AV is right a day really is 24 hours, but people do not seem to understand how everything has to line up to prosper. It is easier to explain how a day is 1000 years. But I do not live in Guam an ecosystem that has only existed for 6,000 years.

The exact date of the arrival of the first humans on Guam is not known. However, it is believed that the island was first settled by the Chamorro people around 4,000 years ago. The Chamorro people are believed to have migrated to Guam from other islands in the Pacific region. Guam has a long history of human habitation and has been influenced by a variety of different cultures, including Spanish, American, and Japanese.

Amazing, you wrote so much without saying a single thing.

So I'll just repeat what I said, in the whole
:
But as Hans Blaster said, the environment is now a cause for the evolution of language like you made it out to be. Oxygen levels do not dictate whether a language could evolve or not. Intelligence does.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Amazing, you wrote so much without saying a single thing.

So I'll just repeat what I said, in the whole
:
What did you say?

Upvote 0