• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

When Bloomberg News’s Reporting on China Was Challenged, Bloomberg Tried to Ruin Me for Speaking Out

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Feb 18, 2020.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,832
    Methodist
    Married
    From the "Michael Bloomberg is owned by China", files: When Bloomberg News’s Reporting on China Was Challenged, Bloomberg Tried to Ruin Me for Speaking Out

I AM ONE of the many women Mike Bloomberg’s company tried to silence through nondisclosure agreements. The funny thing is, I never even worked for Bloomberg.

But my story shows the lengths that the Bloomberg machine will go to in order to avoid offending Beijing. Bloomberg’s company, Bloomberg LP, is so dependent on the vast China market for its business that its lawyers threatened to devastate my family financially if I didn’t sign an NDA silencing me about how Bloomberg News killed a story critical of Chinese Communist Party leaders
    .​

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,887
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    What the other side of this story seeing this one was written by a Warren supporter.

Leta Hong Fincher is a journalist and scholar who has won several awards for her reporting on China, including the Society of Professional Journalists Sigma Delta Chi Award. She is the author of “Betraying Big Brother: The Feminist Awakening in China” and “Leftover Women: The Resurgence of Gender Inequality in China.” She is a supporter of the presidential campaign of Elizabeth Warren, and has both donated to her and volunteered for her.

3. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,153
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Hee husband was an employee of Bloomberg when he wrote the article, not a freelancer.

Work performed by employees on the job are the intellectual property of the employer. I think in this case Bloomberg was correct to say that this was their property and that her husband could not publish it or promote the information elsewhere, whether Bloomberg decided to kill the story or not.

4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,887
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    When the family was threatened she should have gone to the US embassy in China. They would have helped her family, protection if needed, had US attorneys contact Bloomberg's attorneys and sorted it all out.
    Something just doesn't smell right about this story.

5. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+4,309
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    What a fascinating choice for you guys come November. A Russian owned republican or a Chinese owned democrat.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+3,442
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    I did not know that