Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I look forward to seeing racism eradicated and it is exciting to see that an important step is finally being taken in this country. It is long overdue that we remove all memorials that honor confederate figures and leaders. These people were traitors to the United States of America, having attacked American soldiers and people, robbing American property, not to mention their worst sin of all in slavery.

It is exciting to see these statues removed. I would rather see them brought down in the same way the Saddam Hussein statue or Hitler statue or Stalin statue was pulled down by the people, to shame those figures. But as long as their removed I'll be so happy for this huge, important step forward for our nation!

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and in about 100 or maybe 200 years all the Memorials to all The Pro-Abortion leaders well be torn down by a much more enlightened people than our selves. They well see the pro-abortionist as the truly evil people they are, ( just like we do today of the slave owners) the propagators of murder and the American Holocaust. What a great that Day that will be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steven Calloway

Aug 14, 2017
Union, SC
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If I were you I would carefully mention that the spirit this is being carried out in is just as bad as the White Nationalists spirit. The left is being just as violent as the right. Those monuments are a testament to days long behind us. We would do well to remember them and learn from them. Tearing them down in a barbaric rage is a disgrace to people everywhere, regardless of ethnicity.

Upvote 0

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't think they should be taken down~they're part of our history. These so called protests are riots~they are what should be taken down. The riots~fighting in the street are organized by the American Communist Party and joined by others. Na, take the rioters down. And leave American cities in peace. Anyone burning and looting should be arrested or shot, attacking a city and its people shouldn't be OK just because they say: their stealing for a reason that is popular.

seth

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If I were you I would carefully mention that the spirit this is being carried out in is just as bad as the White Nationalists spirit. The left is being just as violent as the right. Those monuments are a testament to days long behind us. We would do well to remember them and learn from them. Tearing them down in a barbaric rage is a disgrace to people everywhere, regardless of ethnicity.
I wouldn't mention that at all since it's absolutely not true. Those monuments commemorate people who committed treason in the name of an immoral and evil institution, that of slavery. We can remember them the same way we remember other terrorists, murderers, traitors, etc. Would you advocate that we establish some monuments for Al Qaeda, maybe a statue of Osama Bin Laden, or we name a park after Ayatollah Khomeini? After all, it's history and such monuments would be a testament to days long behind us which we would do well to remember and learn from them, right?

This silly ruse of "all sides are guilty" is very easy to see through. No, not all sides are guilty. No, not all sides are being equally violent. No, not all sides have equally valid points of view.

Do you think tearing down a statue of Hitler or Stalin in a barbaric rage is done in a "bad spirit"??? I should hope not. And if not, then you should understand why it's not a bad thing to tear down Confederate monuments and memorials in the same way.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I don't think they should be taken down~they're part of our history. These so called protests are riots~they are what should be taken down. The riots~fighting in the street are organized by the American Communist Party and joined by others. Na, take the rioters down. And leave American cities in peace. Anyone burning and looting should be arrested or shot, attacking a city and its people shouldn't be OK just because they say: their stealing for a reason that is popular.

seth
Then let's put big statues of Talaat Pasha and Aliyev in Yerevan, right in Republic Square. They are part of our history!

As far as the rioting and looting and stealing, I'm not sure what you're talking about as I have not heard of that happening in Charlottesville or anywhere else connected to the tearing down of confederate statues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, and in about 100 or maybe 200 years all the Memorials to all The Pro-Abortion leaders well be torn down by a much more enlightened people than our selves. They well see the pro-abortionist as the truly evil people they are, ( just like we do today of the slave owners) the propagators of murder and the American Holocaust. What a great that Day that will be.
That will be a wonderful day!

Upvote 0

Steven Calloway

Aug 14, 2017
Union, SC
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We better all unite under a common banner in this country, OR WE'RE GOING DOWN. Jesus said, A kingdom divided against itself CANNOT AND WILL NOT STAND. The people running this show know they can't destroy us headlong. So they've kindled a fire in our midst. AND YES we should be upset about key issues and immorality BUT NOT TO THE POINT OF CIVIL WAR IN THE STREETS. How about we all stand for Christ in the workplace and be faithful in Church and bear MUCH fruit..... *sigh* Jesus was never a political revolutionary, he was about " his Father's business". He didn't come to free the Jews from political oppression, HE CAME TO SAVE THEM FROM THEMSELVES.

The so called church is worried about destroying silly statues as our children are sacrificed on the altar of Molech (abortion) in this supposed enlightened age. I believe it's safe to say the majority of God's people are no longer salty. Cultural preservation is no longer a reality. Inevitably we have become rotten to the core and white washed tombs full of dead men's bones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes take down all the statues. And start with "Lady Liberty" or, as I like to call her, "Lucifer"

The abolishing of physical slavery served one single purpose in the minds of those who provoked it for this country:

Opening the way for the enslavement of the MINDS of all peoples. First, there were was enough to go around for the whites. But when population started growing, they realized that they would have to enslave their own "race" too, in order to stay rich. But you can't enslave EVERYONE AND THEM KNOW IT. We would have risen up. This way, we just sit here and let it happen.

Much easier.
Fine with me, take down Lady Liberty!

And the abolition of physical slavery has never been a factor in the enslavement of the minds of all peoples. Satan has always enslaved the minds of people who do not follow the Lord Jesus Christ. In fact, he has millions of minds enslaved in such a way that those people THINK they worship Christ but they worship Satan in the form of worshiping the USA and "patriotism" and capitalism and all that goes with those things.

• Agree
Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We better all unite under a common banner in this country, OR WE'RE GOING DOWN. Jesus said, A kingdom divided against itself CANNOT AND WILL NOT STAND. The people running this show know they can't destroy us headlong. So they've kindled a fire in our midst. AND YES we should be upset about key issues and immorality BUT NOT TO THE POINT OF CIVIL WAR IN THE STREETS. How about we all stand for Christ in the workplace and be faithful in Church and bear MUCH fruit..... *sigh* Jesus was never a political revolutionary, he was about " his Father's business". He didn't come to free the Jews from political oppression, HE CAME TO SAVE THEM FROM THEMSELVES.

The so called church is worried about destroying silly statues as our children are sacrificed on the altar of Molech (abortion) in this supposed enlightened age. I believe it's safe to say the majority of God's people are no longer salty. Cultural preservation is no longer a reality. Inevitably we have become rotten to the core and white washed tombs full of dead men's bones.
I don't know why so many Christians think that America is some kind of special, holy nation that needs to be kept in power. Unfortunately, America is not pleasing or serving Christ. That being the case, why is America deserving of special treatment over any other country? The only thing America has going for it is its might - military and economic and cultural. But like all empires the persevered on the strength of their might, there comes a fall. As an American, I don't want America to fall and I don't want to suffer as part of that fall. But I can't really come up with a reason other than my selfish ones as to why America doesn't deserve to fall. As time went on, America did more and more bad and today we're so bad that we don't even see it ourselves. What we did to Iraq and Syria is horrendous and our follow-up was to accept hardly any of the people whose world and lives we messed up. So where's our virtue? We're not as virtuous as we once were, we went the other way in the name of money.

So why would we unite under any banner now? The selfishness and ego we've been trained to have are now yielding their fruits and we are reaping what we've sown for decades.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Steven Calloway

Aug 14, 2017
Union, SC
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's funny I'm up studying the book of Habakkuk right now. Which remarkably resembles what we're discussing. Remember his complaining in Chapter 1? Or how about God's answer in verse 5?......

v5- Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.
Hallelujah. I can strive about words to no profit I suppose...... But nah. He's gonna work a work in our days John! Amen brother?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Barbaric rage or righteous anger?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Righteous-(of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable; virtuous.
GIVE ME A BREAK.

This was after Charlottesville in response to the terrorist attack on protesters. People have been arrested for it, after which practically the entire town stood in line to "turn themselves in" for the act. Now, white nationalists who beat a young black man in Charlottesville are still free.

You'd have a better chance of convincing me and others about the historic concern over these confederate symbols if the people protesting to keep them were actually talking and chanting about Lee or history. However, when their chants consist of slurs against African-American's and Jews, only wanting to preserve and promote what was ugly about that history, then I have to question their true intentions. Even Lee's family has said the statues need to go.

Ironically, African-American's are asked to get over slavery, all the while living under the shadows of its symbols.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Like the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I look forward to seeing racism eradicated and it is exciting to see that an important step is finally being taken in this country. It is long overdue that we remove all memorials that honor confederate figures and leaders. These people were traitors to the United States of America, having attacked American soldiers and people, robbing American property, not to mention their worst sin of all in slavery.

It is exciting to see these statues removed. I would rather see them brought down in the same way the Saddam Hussein statue or Hitler statue or Stalin statue was pulled down by the people, to shame those figures. But as long as their removed I'll be so happy for this huge, important step forward for our nation!

If you want to get rid of symbols of racism, I'd start with the Democratic party itself, along with such party icons as FDR, Andrew Jackson and Woodrow Wilson, all of whom are widely celebrated and have their images and names here and there. From there, we can start burning books like Uncle Tom's Cabin, Shades of Gray, Gone With the Wind, and any other work which reminds of us those times. Finally, we can purge our history books of the fact that slavery even existed.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Racisim will never be eradicated while human beings are in the current fallen state of being.. So tearing down statues will not bring an end to racisim.. Some people will cointinue to be racists until the day of Judgement.. All that people achieve by tearing down status is to wipe history... People who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Statues are a record of history good, bad and ugly history. What next? Start burning history books that mention bad events in your history?

And you cannot shame dead people by pulling down their statues.. They are dead..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.