Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm feeling chippy today so I thought I'd ask what everyone's unpopular opinions are. Could be Church-related, political, social, whatever. Just obviously keep it within the rules of the forum.

Note: If you're not Catholic don't think this is your chance to bash the Church, it's not. The forum rules still apply.

For example, some of my unpopular opinions:

- I'm okay with colonialism
- The ordinary form Mass isn't bad
- Ketchup is saucework
- Roger Moore was a terrible Bond

I'm sure I have more but those are some starters. What are yours?

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have so many that I really can't name them all, if you want me to be brutally honest. I'm hated by both the left and the right for holding unpopular opinions on things like colonialism, cops, LGBTQWERTY ideology, and it just keeps going. I have no political home and it's just as well because I'm legally not allowed to vote again for another two years most likely.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I love pineapple on pizza :)

How dare you.

I have so many that I really can't name them all, if you want me to be brutally honest. I'm hated by both the left and the right for holding unpopular opinions on things like colonialism, cops, LGBTQWERTY ideology, and it just keeps going. I have no political home and it's just as well because I'm legally not allowed to vote again for another two years most likely.

I feel like that more and more everyday. One party is evil and the other is feckless. I know what my values are and that they're shaped by the Church, but I don't know what to call myself anymore.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One party is evil and the other is feckless. I know what my values are and that they're shaped by the Church, but I don't know what to call myself anymore

That's essentially where I'm at. I don't agree that police are great just because the left hates them, because eventually (maybe even currently) they exist to do the bidding of an increasingly anti-Christian government, so I have no home on the right. I shed absolutely zero tears over "colonialism" or "institutional" whatever, so I have no home on the left. I have nowhere to go and no one to vote for, so it's just as good that I'm no longer allowed to vote I suppose.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t like steak.

I think Pope Francis does not care for the flock.

Same with a lot of Bishops.

I’m having doubts naturally.

I don’t have issues with NO but suspicious as to why clergy are so against TLM.

I think there are puppets afoot.

I hate identity politics.

Common sense is a lost trait.

There’s more but I’ll ease up. :p

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'm really not the biggest fan of The Rock. He's too nice and I don't trust nice guys. I also find him horribly cliche. (Understand my position, I watched WWF from the Attitude Era so I've been hearing his voice wailing on now for three quarters of my life. Forgive me if you're a fan, but I need a break.)

I'm a centrist and believe that everyone has the right to be what they want to be. Sounds reasonable right? Apparently, not. Everyone wants you to take a side. And once you choose "red or blue" you can't go back.

With the exception of Biggie and Tupac I hate rap.

40 year old teenagers irritate me; how can you complain that the government hasn't helped through the pandemic when you wasted the best years of your life snowboarding and spraying graffiti everywhere? (This is an unpopular opinion in some areas of London.)

I don't care if England win or lose the Euros. Any team worth beating has bowed out already.

Chocolate is actually quite dull, even in Belgium.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Most of these so far don't seem like they are unpopular opinions on this website. But then I don't know if any of my opinions will be unpopular, either. Let's see.

For me:

- I hate that everything is now a subscription service and/or comes with an app for your phone. I wish we as a society would go back to having physical copies of things (movies, music, etc.) instead of endlessly renting (not even to own!), and I don't see why on God's green earth I should ever have to download an app to do my laundry.
- People who say they love their animals more than people are psychopaths. Your cat would eat you if it had to, and don't you forget it.
- The modern state of Israel sucks, is in no way special outside of its being built atop the land that our Lord and His apostles walked (which is the only thing that makes any part of the Middle East more broadly worth caring about -- not anything connected to Judaism or Islam alone), and certainly doesn't deserve billions of dollars in aid and material support.
- Trump rallies are just pride parades for straight people.
- If you ever tell me your pronouns, in my head I immediately convert everything you subsequently say to Charlie Brown's teacher's voice.
- It's going to take homosexuals a long time to catch up with the rest of us in the 'dishonoring marriage' category, what with our serial monogamy, serial non-monogamy, and no-fault divorces, none of which were pioneered by homosexuals.
- The French language sounds disgusting. It's not 'romantic' or beautiful in the slightest.
- Giving a person who belongs to no preexisting traditional church the Bible and expecting them to understand the Christian religion is like giving a toddler Einstein's personal notes and expecting him to recreate the atom bomb on the fly. We see the results of this approach here on CF every single day.
- That's another thing: Christianity is a religion. If you say "it's not a religion; it's a relationship" or "Jesus would be against religionists" or whatever, you sound like you're either in denial or just stupid. Take your pick.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
- If you ever tell me your pronouns, in my head I immediately convert everything you subsequently say to Charlie Brown's teacher's voice.

I thought I was the only one who did this.

Well, it's sort of like Charlie Brown's teacher's voice, it's just much higher pitched and has the tendency to make me imagine shattering glass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
- People who say they love their animals more than people are psychopaths. Your cat would eat you if it had to, and don't you forget it.
I'm always suspicious of people who love animals more than people. o_O

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I'm feeling chippy today so I thought I'd ask what everyone's unpopular opinions are. Could be Church-related, political, social, whatever. Just obviously keep it within the rules of the forum.

Note: If you're not Catholic don't think this is your chance to bash the Church, it's not. The forum rules still apply.

For example, some of my unpopular opinions:

- I'm okay with colonialism
- The ordinary form Mass isn't bad
- Ketchup is saucework
- Roger Moore was a terrible Bond

I'm sure I have more but those are some starters. What are yours?

Loved Roger Moore.

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t like steak.

I think Pope Francis does not care for the flock.

Same with a lot of Bishops.

I’m having doubts naturally.

I don’t have issues with NO but suspicious as to why clergy are so against TLM.

I think there are puppets afoot.

I hate identity politics.

Common sense is a lost trait.

There’s more but I’ll ease up. :p

I don’t like steak. How could you utter that! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I'm really not the biggest fan of The Rock. He's too nice and I don't trust nice guys. I also find him horribly cliche. (Understand my position, I watched WWF from the Attitude Era so I've been hearing his voice wailing on now for three quarters of my life. Forgive me if you're a fan, but I need a break.)

I'm a centrist and believe that everyone has the right to be what they want to be. Sounds reasonable right? Apparently, not. Everyone wants you to take a side. And once you choose "red or blue" you can't go back.

With the exception of Biggie and Tupac I hate rap.

40 year old teenagers irritate me; how can you complain that the government hasn't helped through the pandemic when you wasted the best years of your life snowboarding and spraying graffiti everywhere? (This is an unpopular opinion in some areas of London.)

I don't care if England win or lose the Euros. Any team worth beating has bowed out already.

Chocolate is actually quite dull, even in Belgium.

Eastcoast rap is much better than Westcoast. Soccer sucks! I would rather watch the grass grow.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eastcoast rap is much better than Westcoast. Soccer sucks! I would rather watch the grass grow.
Golf. Can. Not. Stand. Golf. I can’t even muster up a golf clap.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.