• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's your favorite way to prepare steak?

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by Go Braves, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:03 PM.

1. Go Braves

Go Braves Merry Christmas

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Looking for new ideas, lol.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LaSorcia

LaSorcia Running with Safety Scissors! Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+28,636
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Do you mean cook a steak or any recipes with beef in?

3. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Well I'm specifically looking for ways to cook a steak. We've got a few rib eyes. I was wanting to try something new with them, instead of just putting them on the grill. I'll always welcome recipes with beef in it, so by all means please do share any you've got!

4. LaSorcia

LaSorcia Running with Safety Scissors! Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+28,636
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I pretty much only know one way to cook a steak lol. I like it well done, but still tender. So I put a rub on a piece of filet mignon. Usually salt, pepper, garlic powder, maybe paprika or chili. I heat olive oil on a skillet on low and throw the steak on. I don't like standing at the stove, so I put it on low heat and go in the other room. When I smell it cooking, I go flip it over lol. When I remember I had something on the stove, I go back for it and it's usually done. Takes about 40 minutes, but it's never burned.

5. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Paprika is a good idea. I've never thought of trying that. Thanks!

6. LaSorcia

+28,636
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I like beef in stir fries, cubed with bell peppers, herbs and spice, over rice and with sour cream stirred in. So yummy.

7. Unofficial Reverand Alex

Unofficial Reverand Alex Look up Jason Evert on YouTube; he changed my life Supporter

+1,060
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    My dad & I always make up a little spice jar, where we add in all sorts of spices (oregano, basil, garlic powder, and whatever else seems interesting), and put that over the meat as it cooks on the grill. We don't grill much steak, but we use the spice jar for pretty much anything we put on the grill! No 2 meals are alike with an ever-changing array of seasonings!:oldthumbsup:

8. JackRT

JackRT Gargoyle at Oxford University Supporter

+9,704
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I prefer BBQ. I usually marinade in Worcestershire (Wooster) sauce or Teriyaki sauce for a few hours. A touch of Montreal Steak Spice doesn't hurt. No more than medium rare or its not worth eating.

9. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    That's smart. My girlfriend just bought this jar of seasoning, came with a tiny spoon & a bow on it, lol. It's going to be a gift so we can't use it. It's cheaper & more to your own liking to just make one yourself. You only put in exactly what you like. I'll make one. Thanks for that good idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,009
    Atheist
    Single
    Normally I grilled. But that does not work at all in a driving rainstorm and not that well when it gets dark at 5.

I used to grill big chunks of assorted color bell peppers at the same time.

I took the act indoors and pan fry the steak using Trader Joe's garlic flavored olive oil. And I've added onions. So I slice the onions then cut each slice in half. Take part of each bell pepper and cut it into strips. In the pan start with the onions and a bit later add the peppers. Cook in enough olive oil to barely coat the pan until the peppers start to soften. I usually start on medium and turn it down to low. Also uncovered at first then cover. With the onions and peppers removed wipe the pan with a paper towel and then put back on high heat (I have a rather thick pan so it takes a b it to heat it up. Medium would be better with a thinner pan). Add olive oil and sear each side. Turn to low and add the peppers and onions back. Cover and come back every so often (like every commercial) to sort of stir the peppers and onions. Try to keep a lot of them on top of the steak.

When almost done turn off the heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Pour onto the plate and serve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. JackRT

JackRT Gargoyle at Oxford University Supporter

+9,704
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I'm drooling here.

12. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    That sounds perfect. Thanks a bunch!

13. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki New Member

+38
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Go vegan. Better for body and soul.

14. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Maybe for the cow but not for me, lol.

15. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Alpha Male (Retired) Supporter

+5,031
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Always bring steak to room temperature.
    Trim excess outside fat.
    Season and oil steak just before cooking.
    Heat heavy frying pan, lightly oiled, to high heat (oil should be slightly smoking).
    Sear each side for 30 seconds, for steak cut one inch thick.
    Place in preheated 450 degree oven, pan and all, for five minutes.
    Cover and rest steak for 2 minutes on plate or cutting board.

Enjoy!
    You're welcome.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:44 PM
  16. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Alpha Male (Retired) Supporter

+5,031
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    That said my all-time favorite way to enjoy steak is to get together with family and friends and go out to a nice steakhouse (I recommend "Smokey's" in Madison, WI). :yum:

17. Quid est Veritas?

Quid est Veritas? In Memoriam to CS Lewis

+5,993
    Protestant
    Married
    My mother marinates rib-eye steak in beer (actually Scotch Fillets, to be precise) and then roasts it. Not exactly sure what she does, but it is delicious, and my wife and I couldn't replicate it.

18. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I've heard of beer being used in BBQ sauce but not as a marinade. I definitely want to try that out. Thanks

19. Go Braves

+5,774
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Amen. The best way to have steak is for sure with buddies & family. Never been to Madison but will be sure to check out Smokey's if I ever make it there. I love steakhouses. If you're ever in Atlanta try out Fox Bros BBQ. It's nothing fancy but it's delicious. The best pulled pork sandwich you'll ever try. They have these tator tots smothered in brunswick stew & cheese. Sounds & looks gross, tastes amazing, lol.

20. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,009
    Atheist
    Single
    Oh yes, it often is used as the main liquid in A Marinade.

There is a rather famous way of BBQ (real BBQ, indirect heat and smoke and a much lower temperature, not grilling) called Chicken on a Throne. It uses a half filled can of beer which the chicken sits on to keep it moist on the inside.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List