What's your favorite way to prepare steak?

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yes, it often is used as the main liquid in A Marinade.

There is a rather famous way of BBQ (real BBQ, indirect heat and smoke and a much lower temperature, not grilling) called Chicken on a Throne. It uses a half filled can of beer which the chicken sits on to keep it moist on the inside.

Lol, I love the name Chicken on a Throne & the recipe. If you can call it that. Will have to give that a try.

Any particular beer you recommend?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Lol, I love the name Chicken on a Throne & the recipe. If you can call it that. Will have to give that a try.

Any particular beer you recommend?

Honestly at least for the first time I would go with cheap American swill. Or if you plan to have beer with the chicken whatever beet you will be drinking.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes, it often is used as the main liquid in A Marinade.

There is a rather famous way of BBQ (real BBQ, indirect heat and smoke and a much lower temperature, not grilling) called Chicken on a Throne. It uses a half filled can of beer which the chicken sits on to keep it moist on the inside.

Beer can chicken is quite good.

1371589417667.jpeg

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That said my all-time favorite way to enjoy steak is to get together with family and friends and go out to a nice steakhouse (I recommend "Smokey's" in Madison, WI). :yum:

My mom took me there after I graduated Navy Boot Camp in 1990. Her parents took her “to the old one” when she graduated High School. I had forgotten about that place but now that I live in Michigan, I will have to plan a road trip someday.

Thank you OldWiseGuy for reminding me.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Have y'all ever tried steak tartare? It's raw meat with seasoning. Sounds terrible to me but it's supposedly pretty good?

Cut from cow, rinse, salt and pepper, 5 seconds on each side, mmmmm.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Cut from cow, rinse, salt and pepper, 5 seconds on each side, mmmmm.

That's what it sounds like to me. It sure does seem like the kind of thing you could just make for yourself so it's weird restaurants charge so much for it. They put a raw egg on top of it too. Folks pay to be served up overpriced food that could make them sick.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's what it sounds like to me. It sure does seem like the kind of thing you could just make for yourself so it's weird restaurants charge so much for it. They put a raw egg on top of it too. Folks pay to be served up overpriced food that could make them sick.

I have never had it but raw meat from a healthy animal is pretty safe if handled properly. The raw egg changes everything.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have never had it but raw meat from a healthy animal is pretty safe if handled properly. The raw egg changes everything.

Yeah I'm just not a big fan of anything that's raw. Can't understand the appeal of raw meat & eggs & don't plan on trying to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Looking for new ideas, lol.
I personally marinate the steak in Newman's Own light Italian dressing in a glass dish for exactly 24 hours.
Then I put it on the smoker .
I prefer a delmonico cut and perfectly medium.
Add a baked sweet potato with real butter a bit of brown sugar and corn on the cob with real butter and Old Bay seasoning.
Very , very yummy.
:wave:

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I personally marinate the steak in Newman's Own light Italian dressing in a glass dish for exactly 24 hours.
Add a baked sweet potato with real butter a bit of brown sugar and corn on the cob with real butter and Old Bay seasoning.
Very , very yummy.

Oh that is a really good idea. Never thought to marinate it in dressing like that. Will give that a try for sure. Thanks buddy!

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
We got this indoor grill from Target on account of it being too cold to grill for real. I was pretty surprised at how good the steaks turned out on it. If y'all are dealing with freezing cold but want something grilled it's something to look into. It seared pretty nice.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Looking for new ideas, lol.

Knowing the internal temperature is critical for cooking steak. The meat toughens almost immediately as soon as it reaches 'well done'. I like mine at 130 F. That is medium rare. Just pink inside.

How it is cooked really isn't all that important. Salt is the only necessary seasoning prior to cooking. I usually smoke mine on the Traeger before cooking. I have also cooked steak with the Sous Vide machine. It was truly good and timing isn't critical.

• Informative
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What's your favorite summertime sides to go with the steak? When not grilling? We can't grill on account of how it's raining pretty much nonstop this weekend. During the winter I like the heartier stuff, baked potatoes, during summer when it's hot as stew out like lighter things. Still gotta have the steak tho.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe for the cow but not for me, lol.

Think of it, you are literally eating the dead flesh of an animal.:ox::rooster:

I at some turkey yesterday. It probabaly came from a place where it was raised with 60,000 others filled with antibiotics and growth hormones.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Think of it, you are literally eating the dead flesh of an animal.:ox::rooster:

I at some turkey yesterday. It probabaly came from a place where it was raised with 60,000 others filled with antibiotics and growth hormones.

Well much better dead flesh of an animal than the alive flesh. I have thought about it, & I'm fine with that. We have the food chain for a reason.

I don't much care for turkey though, hard to keep it from getting dried out.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Very , very yummy.

We tried this last night. True to your word it was yummy. Thanks buddy!

Upvote 0