What's your favorite subject within history?

Beef

Mar 26, 2005
✟8,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I love American History...pretty much all of it...I really like the civil war era and after dealing with the development of america(im a big supporter of the south) I also enjoy reading about hitler/nazi germany, and being that I am scotch/irish I am interested in that...but quite honestly I dont think there is much that doesnt catch my eye when it comes to learning about history...

I as well have a degree in history...

Upvote 0

Illandur

Dec 1, 2005
✟15,148.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-NDP
My studies tend to focus on the methodology behind modern and post-modern historiography. So my main interest lies within hermeneutics. Although, the study of older teleological interpretations I also find quite fascinating.

In terms of a catagorization of my "mode of thought", I concern myself primarily with Chinese legal history and Sino-Japanese relations.

Upvote 0

Blake4000

Oct 14, 2006
✟7,894.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I adore history. I prefer ancient History, from civilzations such as the ancient Hitties, Egyptians, Romans, Phoenix, Gauls, Celtic-Britons, Vikings. From the beginning of recorded history to modern day. I live for History, I study it constantly out of pure pleasure!! Mythical extinct speices of animals are another intresting subject of mine. Ancient tongues, tech. Well infact everything to do with history is my intrest!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some favourite topics and periods of mine -

The Vikings
Ancient Greek World (500 BC -100 AD)
Ancient Egypt
The Russian Revolution
Biblical history
South Africa & Apartheid
Australia 1970s-80s
Europe post WW1 / Communism
Industrial Revolution (1900s)

and soooo many more. :)

Upvote 0