United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My personal favorite is Trigun.

It's a space western set on a desert planet and it's about a man who has a 60 billion dollar bounty on him. It is said havoc and destruction follow him everywhere he goes.

However, the character himself actually has a code against killing, for any reason.

The mangaka is actually a Christian, and Christian themes show up in the work, but it's not overly religious.

Upvote 0

bango7777

Apr 16, 2020
Big Bear City
✟8,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My favorite is Hyouka, I love the story, the art, the characters and the relationship between them.
There are so many good ones! But I guess my favorite genre of anime is beautiful yet tragic Aka Anohana, your lie in April, Angel beats, Violet Evergarden, and Death Parade.
Second favorite genre is sweet and wholesome: Barakamon, Sweetness and lightning, A place father than the universe, Usagi Drop, and My Roommate is a Cat.

• Friendly
Reactions: Kingsilly
Upvote 0

Lightstar54

Feb 29, 2020
Memphis
✟27,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recently finished the anime Clannad (After Story included). I first heard about it from one of my favorite YouTubers during one of his animating streams. The end of After Story is pretty depressing, but then everything goes back to normal. But I still almost cried XD. I like it though. Hoping there's a third season, though I kinda doubt it since After Story was in 2008. Other favorites of mine are Chuunibyou and The Promised Neverland.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

abandonentropy

There is nothing new under the sun
Mar 9, 2016
Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Recently finished the anime Clannad (After Story included). I first heard about it from one of my favorite YouTubers during one of his animating streams. The end of After Story is pretty depressing, but then everything goes back to normal. But I still almost cried XD. I like it though. Hoping there's a third season, though I kinda doubt it since After Story was in 2008. Other favorites of mine are Chuunibyou and The Promised Neverland.

Have you looked into KEY's (the people behind Clannad) other works? Little Busters is a great one too and is pretty emotional.

Upvote 0

Lightstar54

Feb 29, 2020
Memphis
✟27,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you looked into KEY's (the people behind Clannad) other works? Little Busters is a great one too and is pretty emotional.
I've heard of Kanon. Haven't watched it yet though. I'll check Little Busters out too. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dean Miller

Sep 8, 2020
Solano
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’ll just post top 10 or so I guess (Series only)

1. Texhnolyze
2. Monster
3. Ashita no Joe
4. Fullmetal alchemist (2003)
5. Berserk (1997)
6. Mushishi
7. Ergo Proxy
8. Serial Experiments Lain
9. Nana
10. Fruit’s Basket

I’m surprised to find an anime topic here in Christianforums, but it’s cool. I love anime and got into it by fullmetal alchemist. Some anime have lots of influence by Christian and religious symbolism/references. I like looking at the levels of meaning, is it just for aesthetics, or is there a deeper purpose, either way I dig it a lot.

Reactions: Lightstar54
Upvote 0

Kingsilly

Sep 3, 2020
California
✟9,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My Top 10(In no specific order):
1. Naruto
2. Dragon Ball
3. One Piece
4. My Hero Academia
5. Fate/Stay series
6. Haikyuu!
7. Gurren Lagann
8. The Rising of the Shield Hero
9. DanMachi
10. Pokemon

It was so hard to make this list since I watch alot of seasonal anime as well @~@

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kingsilly

Sep 3, 2020
California
✟9,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My favorite is Hyouka, I love the story, the art, the characters and the relationship between them.
There are so many good ones! But I guess my favorite genre of anime is beautiful yet tragic Aka Anohana, your lie in April, Angel beats, Violet Evergarden, and Death Parade.
Second favorite genre is sweet and wholesome: Barakamon, Sweetness and lightning, A place father than the universe, Usagi Drop, and My Roommate is a Cat.

I have watched Anohana, Your lie in April, and Angel Beats and those are really good! I have heard of Violet Evergarden but have never watched it, how would you rate it?

Upvote 0

kaijo

Oct 2, 2020
Porirua
✟20,529.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's your favorite anime series and why?

Me, personally, I don't know. But Dragon Ball Z and Death Note would likely be on top...

I honestly can't decide which ones are my favorites. lol
Overlord
Initial D
Hajime No Ippo
Kenshin
DBZ/S
One Piece
Hellsing
Shura No Toki
Baki

...off the top of my head atm

Upvote 0

LuLuBlue

Oct 1, 2020
Terre Haute
✟10,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
its hard to choose
id say d gray man, i just really like the story and mystery, and the concept of god giving people powers to fight monsters.

hitman reborn is another one i like, its funny and the story is interesting despite having a weird combination of things, i also tend to like things with characters who care about others, friendship.

ive really been in to re-zero as of late, its dark but has a really good story.

there's so many others its hard to really choose :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Upvote 0