Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Domestic cats;, of course! I have forgotten some information I read about them, but can guarantee I know more about feline nutrition than most veterinarians.

Well, I am not exactly a cat expert in the sense of the thread title, but for decades I have wanted to start a cat rescue organization.

Can you tell if a cat is sick by feeling it's nose? or is that just an old wives tale?

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Can you tell if a cat is sick by feeling it's nose? or is that just an old wives tale?

Cat's who have warm dry noses aren't being tested in a cool room... in my experience, anyway. My cat has a cool wet nose when he's feeling chilly and wants to cuddle to get warm.

I think that "old wives tale" might actually apply to dogs... but I haven't had a dog in ages, so I don't remember if it's true of them.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Domestic cats;, of course! I have forgotten some information I read about them, but can guarantee I know more about feline nutrition than most veterinarians.

Well, I am not exactly a cat expert in the sense of the thread title, but for decades I have wanted to start a cat rescue organization.

I'd start a Horse and Cat rescue home... with a Pet Cemetery on-site to fund it.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
My areas of expertise are Creationism and the Flood.

[...] I like to emphasize miracles as interruptions to nature.

I actually have a question for you about that... how can "nature" be "interrupted" when it follows its own laws which define its characteristics? For "nature" to be thought of as something approaching the "nature of the thing" it must conform to its own definition... or its own definition of itself is faulty or misunderstood.

Granted the fact that, in the natural universe, things happen in cycles, there must be some variation allowed that would encompass the expanding and contraction according to a given cycle... but not enough to be called a "miracle". For something to be miraculous, it would have to step outside the bounds of definition in such a way that the even the most broadly defined ideas of "variation" and "cycle" cannot contain it. And if "nature" does the miraculous often enough, then a new definition would have to be created... wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I actually have a question for you about that... how can "nature" be "interrupted" when it follows its own laws which define its characteristics? For "nature" to be thought of as something approaching the "nature of the thing" it must conform to its own definition... or its own definition of itself is faulty or misunderstood.

Granted the fact that, in the natural universe, things happen in cycles, there must be some variation allowed that would encompass the expanding and contraction according to a given cycle... but not enough to be called a "miracle". For something to be miraculous, it would have to step outside the bounds of definition in such a way that the even the most broadly defined ideas of "variation" and "cycle" cannot contain it. And if "nature" does the miraculous often enough, then a new definition would have to be created... wouldn't it?

If I read your post correctly, it looks to me like you figured it out on your own, my friend.

God is outside of nature.

In fact, He is outside of the universe itself.

We say that God is "transcendent" -- outside of His creation.

He "breaks in" at times and performs miracles by ordering nature to do this or do that, and nature obeys.

This implies, of course, that nature has some kind of sentient relationship with its Creator.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
If I read your post correctly, it looks to me like you figured it out on your own, my friend.

God is outside of nature.

In fact, He is outside of the universe itself.

We say that God is "transcendent" -- outside of His creation.

He "breaks in" at times and performs miracles by ordering nature to do this or do that, and nature obeys.

This implies, of course, that nature has some kind of sentient relationship with its Creator.

If a creator created nature, then nature was made according to the dictates of the law by which creation was made.
Breaking ones own rules would seem to be the nature of miracles. Broken often enough and they become the definition of nature. That would seem to mean that natural law is in fact chaos.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is an interesting thread.
Any home insurance agents in here?
I used to be mechanically inclined but lost most of it to a stroke. I'm told i am very opinionated which is close to being critical. I am both but working on it. Right now I'm working on surviving. Trying hard to know Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If a creator created nature, then nature was made according to the dictates of the law by which creation was made.

Okay.

Breaking ones own rules would seem to be the nature of miracles.

They aren't permanent breaks though.

They are more like interruptions.

Broken often enough and they become the definition of nature.

Nope.

If a man gives a speech at a podium, and he is interrupted periodically, are the interruptions then incorporated into;- and considered as part of his speech?

That would seem to mean that natural law is in fact chaos.

Nope.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is an interesting thread.
Any home insurance agents in here?
I used to be mechanically inclined but lost most of it to a stroke. I'm told i am very opinionated which is close to being critical. I am both but working on it. Right now I'm working on surviving. Trying hard to know Jesus.

God bless you, my friend.

Upvote 0