New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know that homosexuality is a radically different lifestyle than heterosexuality. For example, a homosexual will feel an attraction to members of his or her gender, whereas heterosexuals feel attraction to members of the opposite sex. Also, homosexual men always seek civil unions with other men and women will always pursue a civil union with another female, whereas heterosexual men will always seek to marry women. Homosexual men feel sexually aroused towards other men. Homosexual women feel arousal towards other women. For the heterosexual, sexual arousal is always directed at the opposite sex.
There are more differences that transcend mere sociology. For example, gay men will usually act in an effeminate manner and lesbian females will usually act in a masculine way when we compare these sexes to their heterosexual counterparts. This phenomena is observed in all human communities.

Knowing this, I ask and often wonder why the homosexual community has yet to come out with an appropriate, consistent, suitable and legal definition of gay marriage. Could it be a lack of motivation that prevents them from defining homosexual marriage? Could it be lack of finances?
A logical answer may be that there is some king of hitherto unaddressed self-loathing; that the homosexual will not love himself until he is a part of society at last, and that being a part of society must necessarily include the hijacking of the traditional concept of marriage, but I may be wrong on this.

Can anyone on this forum explain what's wrong with the idea of gay marriage?

You are wrong on this...as well as wrong on your stereotypes. You probably have no idea how many gay, lesbian and bisexual people you see on any given day.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact that gay men are making the conscious effort to conceal their stereotype tells me that they are ashamed of it. I asked in an earlier post, "why be ashamed of who you are?"

?

Most gay men are not effeminate. What's so hard to understand about that? Sure, there are those who are over the top flamboyant, but those are the ones you notice. For every one of those who are flamboyant, there are probably a hundred or more "regular joes" out there who are not, but who are gay, and you will never notice those.

EDIT: Same goes for lesbians too. Sorry, gals, I never mean to leave you guys out of the mix ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The fact that gay men are making the conscious effort to conceal their stereotype tells me that they are ashamed of it. I asked in an earlier post, "why be ashamed of who you are?"

Those who are ashamed are so because of the pressures of the dominate society. Being different is difficult, especially when many find that difference offensive.

But while I recognize what you are saying, it is far too broad a stereotype.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist

Am I reading something wrong?

The text you quoted described (some) gay men purposely acting according to your stereotype.
So how do you arrive at decribing the exact opposite behaviour?

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I do not know anyone who will spend their life without hardship; and of course, they do have a hardship but now that hardship is not only being celebrated but being encouraged.

In fact, there are even a lot of fake gays out in the world now and fake bisexuals who enjoy the idea that they are appearing controversial... They've gone from persecuted, scared minority to worshiped social scene heroes who are "special."

Has anyone else here met all of the fake, attention seeking GLBTs?

It's hard for me to define "fake gay", but it rarely happens in men. It's more of the women that go to clubs, and kiss each other to turn on guys (who then want to watch a little girl on girl at home.) It's more accepted with women (Madonna kissing Britney was somewhat shocking, but imagine Bono kissing Justin Timberlake, or Usher kissing Kanye West - they would never live it down, and be labeled gay forever. A guy couldn't sing, "I kissed a boy, and I liked it" without being branded. However, from what I've heard, girls, being told by their boyfriends that they want to watch their girlfriend kiss a girl, now demand it of their boyfriend, and it sometimes happens (to attract girls, to show them they are wild, etc.)

I've also heard of guys telling girls that they are gay so that the girl tries to "change" them, and because unavailable guys seem more alluring.

At the same time, I had a straight friend who was an art student at RISD who kind of dressed like Shaggy (red pants, lime green shirt, secondhand clothes), perceived as gay and gay bashed on 2 different occassions, one time really badly that gave him panic attacks for a year, so what is defined as gay, or looking gay, can go either way (metrosexual or mistaken for gay and bashed.)

The other problem is when lesbians say they meet someone, like them, but the person is just experimenting, and suddenly pulls out of the relationship, freaked out that they can feel love for another person of the same sex, or feeling nothing and harming the gay person they are using as their guinea pig.

I also suspect that in places like Bathhouses or inappropriate content Theaters, where men have the opportunity to have sex anonymously, that it is not 100% men that identify as gay, but men that are married, have children, or usually straight or identify as straight to their friends or coworkers.

Sex acts and orientation don't always match. For example, men who are in prison for 5 or 10 years may have sex with other men, only because they have no other option, all the while, thinking about women while they do it. In ancient times, I read of soldiers raping men before they killed them to humiliate them with submission. In Brazil, men often have sex with men, but if you are the active man in anal sex, you aren't gay - only if you are the receiver, and if you are the receiver of oral sex, you can still be gay, while the active person is the gay one. It isn't unusual for young boys (8-12) to experiment with one another, only to talk about how disgusting they think it is at 13 or 14 to show their machismo.

Sexuality is a complicated thing.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't hold that the effeminate role is in any way real. I've actually seen two guys go into the "act" and next minute they acted very macho, and they are homosexual (they live together and it is a known fact).
If it's a "known fact", why mention that they live together? I live with three men, but I'm not going into the 'act' with any of them.

Speaking of, I'm curious just what 'act' you saw them go into.

For research purposes, you understand.

I feel that it is actually developes from role playing by such individuals. The stereotype role is actually bad overacting by such individuals that enguage in such. In other words, they act more female than do females. I actually see it as a kind of misguided insult to women. Men who would allow themselves to be hurt the way such actions hurt, have to be totally engrossed in sex to allow such activity. I imagine that they also purchase a lot of inappropriate contentagraphy also another sign of sexual compulsion.
LN, have you had any contact with these men? Have you any evidence whatsoever to back your claims? Or is this just the wild conjecture of a bigot?

"Them homosexualists, they're perverts! So they would be the type to get all them smutty magazines and... and...!"

That's the impression when I see you rant about something to do with sexuality. Join us in the 21[sup]st[/sup] century; we have substantiated claims, rather than archaic stereotypes.

It's the compulsion that allows them to have multiple sex partners and makes them role play and dump wives or husbands to "discover" themselves anew....
Yes. When I realised I was gay, I dumped my wife and three kids, and eloped with my many illicit male partners (and it goes without saying they were all HIV+ and positively riddled with disease).

Oh, wait, I was thirteen.

So your armchair bigotry falls flat on its face.

Surprise, surprise!

cilla-black-460_786429c.jpg

How do you 'dump' your wife? Surely you divorce her?

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I don't hold that the effeminate role is in any way real. I've actually seen two guys go into the "act" and next minute they acted very macho, and they are homosexual (they live together and it is a known fact).
I feel that it is actually developes from role playing by such individuals. The stereotype role is actually bad overacting by such individuals that enguage in such. In other words, they act more female than do females. I actually see it as a kind of misguided insult to women. Men who would allow themselves to be hurt the way such actions hurt, have to be totally engrossed in sex to allow such activity. I imagine that they also purchase a lot of inappropriate contentagraphy also another sign of sexual compulsion.

It's the compulsion that allows them to have multiple sex partners and makes them role play and dump wives or husbands to "discover" themselves anew....

I really have absolutely no idea what you're saying here or how it's in any way related to what I wrote.

Sorry.

David.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
The fact that gay men are making the conscious effort to conceal their stereotype tells me that they are ashamed of it.

They're not "making a conscious effort to conceal their stereotype." The stereotype is true of a very few gay men. It's not true of most of them.

David.

Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

We know that homosexuality is a radically different lifestyle than heterosexuality.

you know nothing of the sort.

For example, a homosexual will feel an attraction to members of his or her gender, whereas heterosexuals feel attraction to members of the opposite sex. Also, homosexual men always seek civil unions with other men and women will always pursue a civil union with another female, whereas heterosexual men will always seek to marry women. Homosexual men feel sexually aroused towards other men. Homosexual women feel arousal towards other women. For the heterosexual, sexual arousal is always directed at the opposite sex.

This is what you call RADICALLY DIFFERENT????????????

There are more differences that transcend mere sociology. For example, gay men will usually act in an effeminate manner and lesbian females will usually act in a masculine way when we compare these sexes to their heterosexual counterparts. This phenomena is observed in all human communities.

And homophobes will react in stereotypical ways when they try to describe homosexuals. Good heavens, man. Stop while you are ahead!!!

Knowing this, I ask and often wonder why the homosexual community has yet to come out with an appropriate, consistent, suitable and legal definition of gay marriage. Could it be a lack of motivation that prevents them from defining homosexual marriage? Could it be lack of finances?
A logical answer may be that there is some king of hitherto unaddressed self-loathing; that the homosexual will not love himself until he is a part of society at last, and that being a part of society must necessarily include the hijacking of the traditional concept of marriage, but I may be wrong on this.

The argument has been made, and it has been made well. All we need to do now is stamp out the bigotry that stands in the way of equal treatment. It's actually a simple concept.

Can anyone on this forum explain what's wrong with the idea of gay marriage?

Not a dang thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.