Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,008.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Abortion, euthanasia, obscenity, homosexuality and similar are rather about moral views than about religious ones, in my opinion.

Imposing that unbelievers must pray in public schools would qualify as a religious law. Its probably something in the USA, I have never heard of it in Europe... Is it not against your Constitution? Everybody should have a freedom of (non)religion, in a modern democratic country.
The Supreme Court interprets our constitution. For several decades they interpreted attempts to impose conservative Christian ideas on others as a violation of the constitution. But we now have a Supreme Court with a majority of conservative Christians. It’s not so clear that they are prepared to protect rights other than those that conservative Christians agree with. However we’ll see more over the next few years.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 6:5-8.

If you go down to an abortion clinic to pray you are seemingly akin to those misguided Pharisees. You are stirring trouble, and possibly breaking laws. And will likely have already received your reward.

I agree with the idea of praying when you are inspired. But we are not meant to make a public spectacle of the ritual.

The Bible says not to pray in front of people in order for men to think your righteous.

I'm pretty sure people aren't looking to pray at an abortion clinic so that you and others will think they are righteous.

In fact, they seem to be universally hated for doing so. I'd say that might be a sign they are in fact doing something positive in God's eyes, though it's God alone to judge a persons heart - certainly not you or I are qualified to judge the hearts of those we haven't even met.

I will say it's certainly not something harmful, to pray for people in public. Intentions are between those praying and God.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People have turned against the hypocrisy of those who say turn the other cheek yet are politically active, divisive and critical of fellow man. Yet ironically if Christians were to teach the true gospel of Jesus that God is coming to take control of man away from fellow man, they would ballistic. It's a no win situation. And let's face it, if the churches for centuries didn't use fear and oppression to survive, becoming a power greater than kings,, it would have faded out years ago. Christianity may go but it won't change the fact God is resuming command of His realms.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People have turned against the hypocrisy of those who say turn the other cheek yet are politically active, divisive and critical of fellow man. Yet ironically if Christians were to teach the true gospel of Jesus that God is coming to take control of man away from fellow man, they would ballistic. It's a no win situation. And let's face it, if the churches for centuries didn't use fear and oppression to survive, becoming a power greater than kings,, it would have faded out years ago. Christianity may go but it won't change the fact God is resuming command of His realms.
Jesus said we would be persecuted from without and from within. For three reasons.
1 The word
2. The name of Jesus
3. Righteousness.

When secularism is in the ascendancy, they will persecute you. If you are doing what you, as a believer, should be doing, it will happen.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
To be fair, in places like America, are you really surprised?

In a country with supposed separation of church and state, where no religion should be given preference over another... Christian beliefs are being forced onto others through laws.

Upvote 0