Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been seeing a lot of people talking badly about Christianity...but why?

It's actually part of a long process to dismantle Western society in order to replace it with something else. Attack and destroy traditions and institutions, mainly by pointing out and exploiting weaknesses, real or imaginary. Make people uncomfortable with what they have now and even begin to hate it all the while offering the illusion of something better. When that better thing begins to destroy society turn and blame the existing institutions for its failure. Christianity is a bulwark of Western civilization and pretty much stands for traditional society. But if you like prophecy see Revelation 20:7-9.

Upvote 0

Dillon1886

A 14-Year Old Christian With Problems
May 16, 2023
USA
✟9,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's actually part of a long process to dismantle Western society in order to replace it with something else. Attack and destroy traditions and institutions, mainly by pointing out and exploiting weaknesses, real or imaginary. Make people uncomfortable with what they have now and even begin to hate it all the while offering the illusion of something better. When that better thing begins to destroy society turn and blame the existing institutions for its failure. Christianity is a bulwark of Western civilization and pretty much stands for traditional society. But if you like prophecy see Revelation 20:7-9.
Yeah I Like Revelation Its Really Interesting and I Like to see what's going to happen while we're in heaven

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because Christians often want to impose their religious views on the rest of society

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats quite an exotic proposal. I thought you mean some mainstream Christianity.
A current controversy is over "Gender affirming care". I think that certainly touches upon religious beliefs. At least the religious right seems to have a pretty consistent position.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,061.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Christian Right has engaged in battles over abortion, euthanasia, contraception, inappropriate contentography, gambling, obscenity, Christian nationalism, Sunday Sabbatarianism (concerning Sunday blue laws), state sanctioned prayer in public schools, textbook contents (concerning creationism), homosexuality, and sexual education.

Abortion, euthanasia, obscenity, homosexuality and similar are rather about moral views than about religious ones, in my opinion.

Imposing that unbelievers must pray in public schools would qualify as a religious law. Its probably something in the USA, I have never heard of it in Europe... Is it not against your Constitution? Everybody should have a freedom of (non)religion, in a modern democratic country.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Abortion, euthanasia, obscenity, homosexuality and similar are rather about moral views than about religious ones, in my opinion.

Imposing that unbelievers must pray in public schools would qualify as a religious law. Its probably something in the USA, I have never heard of it in Europe... Is it not against your Constitution? Everybody should have a freedom of (non)religion, in a modern democratic country.

The Christian right isn't pushing to force people to pray, just asking that Christians be allowed to pray openly.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Christian right isn't pushing to force people to pray, just asking that Christians be allowed to pray openly.

Matthew 6:5-8.

If you go down to an abortion clinic to pray you are seemingly akin to those misguided Pharisees. You are stirring trouble, and possibly breaking laws. And will likely have already received your reward.

I agree with the idea of praying when you are inspired. But we are not meant to make a public spectacle of the ritual.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arguments can be made strictly on secular morals. For example, rights ought begin in the womb because the fetus is helpless and most vulnerable.
But even moral arguments are often grounded in religious belief. For example, rights ought to begin in the womb because only God creates life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You cannot help how people perceive you. That is out of your hands. I have had people get angry and be offended because I tried to help them. I have have had them get indignant because I presumed they needed to be saved. If people are disposed to doubt your motives for their own purposes, then they will see what they want to, even though it is not there.
In this day and age, people want to be victims. To do that they have to build themselves some enemies and imagine some offense to get that done. Phobia this and hate speech that. Much of this is just them creating those enemies and assigning motives. And when they are free to redefine words and when they have plenty of cheerleaders to support them, they can get that done to.
I think I am correct in saying that 90% or more of this is just the self indulgent imagination of selfish people.

Upvote 0

Chuckrob

Apr 17, 2023
Tucson
✟8,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

We have been told by the Lord that we will be hated for His name's sake. If you are in the world, the world will hate you, because you are in Christ.

And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved. (Matt. 10:22)

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A lot of it started in the 60'swith the celebrity worship of pastor tv and revival stars and the affiliation with politics and entrepreneurs making it a movement that left a bad taste in the mouths of even old school Christians. With each generation more drew away. Add to that the 90's movement away from acting responsibly and replacing it with personal rights of every form and shade and the world which always works as an adversary to the ways of God, got a fresh breath and has been thriving ever since. God defeated the fallen elohim 2000 years ago but left them in power until the end and things are coming to a head as they play their last cards and man willingly helps out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My guess is because of the ones in it that are/have been representing Christ badly.

And I don't mean just not representing Him perfectly either, because none of us can do that, but I am talking about the ones who say they are representatives of Christ, but that are nigh opposite of that to the point that even the mostly blind in the world can clearly see it, and so they (the ones that are mostly blind in the world) get very upset about it.

And it seems to sadly be much more present in what the world sees is the church leadership than anywhere else, (sound familiar?).

Anyway, there are some really, really good Christians, but unfortunately they are rarely noticed or recognized or seen, and are not often promoted anywhere almost always either, and unfortunately there are just way too many bad eggs to spoil the entire bunch in everyone else's (the rest of the world's) eyes unfortunately, etc.

And those truly good Christians are just most of the time way too meek, and mild, and are just way too nice most of the time, to the point that they need people who are a little bit different than that to stand up for them, and stand up for them, in not just and/or against the world, but also against these other bad eggs that are in their midst, and are sometimes in their own church leadership, etc.

Sheep can't rip wolves to shreds, but lions can, etc.

And Shepards who truly Shephard the Sheep do a pretty good job at it as well, etc.

But the Sheep themselves are pretty much at the mercy of the wolves otherwise, and are pretty much defenseless, but they are the ones who are truly good, and most of the time are even very much more better than the ones who would seek to be their protectors, and/or would seek to stand up for them, and/or protect them, etc.

I could go on and on about this subject really, but I'll stop there for now.

God Bless!

Reactions: Chuckrob
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My guess is because of the ones in it that are/have been representing Christ badly.

And I don't mean just not representing Him perfectly either, because none of us can do that, but I am talking about the ones who say they are representatives of Christ, but that are nigh opposite of that to the point that even the mostly blind in the world can clearly see it, and so they (the ones that are mostly blind in the world) get very upset about it.

And it seems to sadly be much more present in what the world sees is the church leadership than anywhere else, (sound familiar?).

Anyway, there are some really, really good Christians, but unfortunately they are rarely noticed or recognized or seen, and are not often promoted anywhere almost always either, and unfortunately there are just way too many bad eggs to spoil the entire bunch in everyone else's (the rest of the world's) eyes unfortunately, etc.

And those truly good Christians are just most of the time way too meek, and mild, and are just way too nice most of the time, to the point that they need people who are a little bit different than that to stand up for them, and stand up for them, in not just and/or against the world, but also against these other bad eggs that are in their midst, and are sometimes in their own church leadership, etc.

Sheep can't rip wolves to shreds, but lions can, etc.

And Shepards who truly Shephard the Sheep do a pretty good job at it as well, etc.

But the Sheep themselves are pretty much at the mercy of the wolves otherwise, and are pretty much defenseless, but they are the ones who are truly good, and most of the time are even very much more better than the ones who would seek to be their protectors, and/or would seek to stand up for them, and/or protect them, etc.

I could go on and on about this subject really, but I'll stop there for now.

God Bless!
I would just like to say more about these truly good ones, these Sheep that are very, very beautiful, and very, very good people (and that need to be protected, etc).

They don't care that they are not ever recognized, or promoted, or whatever, they are just happy to serve in whatever way they can no matter what, and you'll often find them serving always, and always doing it happily always, etc. The world could be very, very dark, to the point of being pitch black, but you'll not find them tainted or flustered/frustrated/disturbed by it, etc. They believe everyone is capable of good, no matter what, and even if they are not, etc, and even if they are not, that is not what they ever choose to see ever at all always, etc. They are encouragers a lot of the time, not ever seeing dark anywhere, or in anyone, but only light always, etc. They are most usually always happy, no matter what. Nothing gets them too down hardly ever, etc. Like I said, truly good and very beautiful people, etc. But nigh incapable of defending themselves though, because they'd have to not be who they are to do that, etc. Void of pride or egotism or arrogance or ambition, etc, which is why it doesn't matter to them if they are ever recognized or are promoted from where they are currently at ever at all ever, but are just happy serving in whatever capacity (that might seem small and insignificant to others) that they can. They usually live a very long time, as they are not easy stressed out/flustered/frustrated/disturbed, by almost anything, etc.

Please be kind to these Sheep, and stand up for them if they need defending please.

Sad that all the bad eggs are going to make it very, very hard on and for them, by the time this is over, or by and before the end, when most of their protectors are put to death, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0