What's up with the shift in facemask use?

ap_Earwood

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day...
Apr 6, 2020
Midwest
✟8,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Link isn't working
I'm sorry brother, since the website title technically forms a bad word, it isn't working. It's not a bad word, just a company name lol.
I'll enter it as a tinyurl link:
DavidIcke

Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What good does wearing gloves everywhere do? All you are doing is cross-contaminating everything you touch.
I think the masks are probably more of a feel-good thing, but then, maybe I'm a cynic.
The gloves are worn because the virus lives for different amounts of time on different surfaces: from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

The gloves protect YOU from bringing the virus into your home after you go out.

They are removed immediately upon existing the store, office, etc. They are not brought into your car or home.

The masks are very useful.
One type protects you from the world....
and a better type protects you from the world and the world from you. Unfortunately there a big shortage of these masks.

If we don't learn to go through this procedure, we'll be guarantined till a cure is found, or a vaccine.

We have to get used to living a new way till then.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not putting anyone at risking by going outside and not wearing a facemask. I am simply minding my business. And, everyone could be sick at any moment, they do not shut churches down during a flu season. So by that logic we should all stay home as to not spread it, right? Because we love our neighbors, right?
It's nonsense. Do not force me to stay home, no one has the right to force me to stay home. People are acting like if you go out into public without a facemask you are the devil!

Wanting to hold church service, which (Hebrews 10:25) we are not to forsake, and is a great place to encounter the Lord and learn, is selfish? Not wanting to conform to the system of the beast with online services is selfish? Definitively, this man cares more about his neighbor than one who is staying inside.

Anytime we go outside, or anyone goes outside, we are also putting ourselves at risk. Meaning, if you go outside, you are accepting the chance, and are willing, to catch the virus. That commandment says "Love your neighbor as yourself." So, this does not mean love others higher than yourself. Jesus never commanded that. Paul taught it in Philippians 2:3. but Paul is not Jesus. My point is, by going outside you are accepting the chance, and that means anyone else is accepting the chance who is outside, and that if you accept the chance and we are to love our neighbors as ourselves, are we not to accept their chance? Not force ourselves to stay inside for the sake of others, when we aren't willing to do it for ourselves? I am perhaps interpreting the verse incorrectly but this is what I read.

I encourage you to watch this. It was removed off youtube and vimeo, for displaying the truth.
https://www.[bless and do not curse... and do not curse]ute.com/video/H4W7FwBy0Ukh/
NO!
You are not putting only yourself at rish,
but others.

If you loved others you'd try to protect them.

Apparently, you don't understand how contagious this virus is.

It's those like you that are allowing it to spread and kill many....

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
We were told not only that facemasks do not help, but that they increase the possibility of infection.

No, You Do Not Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus—They Might Increase Your Infection Risk

Now, we're told that everyone should wear facemasks in public, to prevent infecting others if we are asymptomatic.

The CDC released a guide on how to make a face mask without sewing skills. Materials include a bandana, a coffee filter, and hair ties.

I think the official account is that the thinking on this, by the experts, has changed. That may be. But, why is it that folks from Asian countries, who have some experience with pandemics, were all wearing masks from the very beginning? Personally, I thought the guidance of not wearing masks was counter-intuitive. But, what do I know? I'm no expert. So, I defer. Perhaps, our experts were just asking the wrong questions.

Face masks: have we been asking the wrong question all along?

We should have been wearing masks all along, but there was a known shortage, and we were misled. Purposely or not? I don't know. We knew we had a shortage and wanted to ensure our courageous health care workers had enough of the needed protections. As it should be. But, were they afraid if they suggested wearing facemasks there would be none available for our health care workers? We could have been making homemade facemasks from the beginning. I don't want to say we have been purposely misled, but that is what it feels like.

It is to determine how exploitable people's fears are. Will you do something because you were told, or will you think critically about it? Usually we just do what we are told and scoff at critical thought beyond what we are told is acceptable.

That is why one day this is said, and another day that is said. It's a psychological technique for control and order.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The gloves are worn because the virus lives for different amounts of time on different surfaces: from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

The gloves protect YOU from bringing the virus into your home after you go out.

They are removed immediately upon existing the store, office, etc. They are not brought into your car or home.

The masks are very useful.
One type protects you from the world....
and a better type protects you from the world and the world from you. Unfortunately there a big shortage of these masks.

If we don't learn to go through this procedure, we'll be guarantined till a cure is found, or a vaccine.

We have to get used to living a new way till then.
But, if you touch anything like your checkbook or wallet or phone with your gloves on, you just defeated the whole reason for wearing gloves and are actually more likely to bring the virus into your house. How do you check out without touching your stuff and at the same time keep from getting germs on your hands at checkout?
Seems like it would make more sense to just clean your hands as you exit the store with rubbing alcohol or something similiar.

Upvote 0

ap_Earwood

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day...
Apr 6, 2020
Midwest
✟8,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
NO!
You are not putting only yourself at rish,
but others.

If you loved others you'd try to protect them.

Apparently, you don't understand how contagious this virus is.

It's those like you that are allowing it to spread and kill many....
Do not believe the hype. The virus is not that contagious.
The only reason the numbers are so high, is because the test doesn't test for coronavirus - it tests for many diseases at once. It's all a scam. Media is saying that hospitals are overrun and chaotic, but the people have been recording footage that shows EMPTY hospitals, and normal looking hospitals! It's all a huge lie! WE are being prepped to recieve an antichrist and a new world order... and forcing us to stay inside is one way they are going to do it.
(watch this link: DavidIcke for more INFO)

And it seems you didn't read the rest of my post, saying the verse says "love your neighbor as yourself", meaning if you are willing to put yourself at risk you are willing to put others at risk, because Jesus did not command us to love others more than ourselves. He commanded us to love GOD with all our hearts, mind, souls and strength, but not our neighbor.

And, if anyone else is outside, they have to assume responsibility for their own actions and realize they are accepting the risk. I am not coughing on anybody, not trying to make contact with anybody or get anybody sick, just minding my own business outside. Who exactly am I putting at risk, when almost everybody who is afraid of the virus is at home? Your logic makes no sense.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, if you touch anything like your checkbook or wallet or phone with your gloves on, you just defeated the whole reason for wearing gloves and are actually more likely to bring the virus into your house. How do you check out without touching your stuff and at the same time keep from getting germs on your hands at checkout?
Seems like it would make more sense to just clean your hands as you exit the store with rubbing alcohol or something similiar.
That should also be done.
And also as soon as you enter the home.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to be completely safe,,,but we should do our best.

I agree with what you said about credit cards, etc.
What about the cashier, same problem,,,but gloves keep the germs from getting on to YOU and then they eventually die on your credit card.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not believe the hype. The virus is not that contagious.
The only reason the numbers are so high, is because the test doesn't test for coronavirus - it tests for many diseases at once. It's all a scam. Media is saying that hospitals are overrun and chaotic, but the people have been recording footage that shows EMPTY hospitals, and normal looking hospitals! It's all a huge lie! WE are being prepped to recieve an antichrist and a new world order... and forcing us to stay inside is one way they are going to do it.
(watch this link: DavidIcke for more INFO)

And it seems you didn't read the rest of my post, saying the verse says "love your neighbor as yourself", meaning if you are willing to put yourself at risk you are willing to put others at risk, because Jesus did not command us to love others more than ourselves. He commanded us to love GOD with all our hearts, mind, souls and strength, but not our neighbor.

And, if anyone else is outside, they have to assume responsibility for their own actions and realize they are accepting the risk. I am not coughing on anybody, not trying to make contact with anybody or get anybody sick, just minding my own business outside. Who exactly am I putting at risk, when almost everybody who is afraid of the virus is at home? Your logic makes no sense.
Fine.
Believe what you will.
You must live in Disney World....
There's a possibility that it lives in the air...but they're not sure.

I'm not going to try to convince you.
I'm sorry you'll put others at risk if your asymptomatic.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That should also be done.
And also as soon as you enter the home.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to be completely safe,,,but we should do our best.

I agree with what you said about credit cards, etc.
What about the cashier, same problem,,,but gloves keep the germs from getting on to YOU and then they eventually die on your credit card.
Think about that. the cashier is just passing the germ from one thing to the next.
So let's say 99 people do not have it, but the cashier's gloves get it from the hundredth, and pass it on to every person after that, on thier change or receipt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine.
Believe what you will.
You must live in Disney World....
There's a possibility that it lives in the air...but they're not sure.

I'm not going to try to convince you.
I'm sorry you'll put others at risk if your asymptomatic.
Well, you know we're not going to do the precautionary measures forever... My feeling is that we're all going to be exposed to it eventually anyway. I mean look at the common flu does it ever go away? It just comes in waves.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think about that. the cashier is just passing the germ from one thing to the next.
So let's say 99 people do not have it, but the cashier's gloves get it from the hundredth, and pass it on to every person after that, on thier change or receipt.
Oh for goodness sake.
So it's better if the cashier does not wear gloves and gets HIMSELF infected?

If we all LOOK OUT FOR OURSELVES,,,we stop the spread.

If you don't understand it then I can't really say much more.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you know we're not going to do the precautionary measures forever... My feeling is that we're all going to be exposed to it eventually anyway. I mean look at the common flu does it ever go away? It just comes in waves.
There is the next phase of the plan.
It'll start in May....
The exposure has to be LIMITED UNTIL there's either a cure or a vaccine.

I think you don't grasp, or care, how contagious this is.

But, yes, we cannot do this forever. But life will change.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh for goodness sake.
So it's better if the cashier does not wear gloves and gets HIMSELF infected?

If we all LOOK OUT FOR OURSELVES,,,we stop the spread.

If you don't understand it then I can't really say much more.
I do understand. unless you change gloves between every customer you're not really accomplishing anything. It's the same as when a doctor treats you... ever notice he peels those gloves off before he leaves the room?

• Agree
Reactions: blackribbon
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do understand. unless you change gloves between every customer you're not really accomplishing anything. It's the same as when a doctor treats you... ever notice he peels those gloves off before he leaves the room?
That's to protect you.
We're discussing the protection of oneself....
Different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We were told not only that facemasks do not help, but that they increase the possibility of infection.

No, You Do Not Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus—They Might Increase Your Infection Risk

Now, we're told that everyone should wear facemasks in public, to prevent infecting others if we are asymptomatic.

The CDC released a guide on how to make a face mask without sewing skills. Materials include a bandana, a coffee filter, and hair ties.

I think the official account is that the thinking on this, by the experts, has changed. That may be. But, why is it that folks from Asian countries, who have some experience with pandemics, were all wearing masks from the very beginning? Personally, I thought the guidance of not wearing masks was counter-intuitive. But, what do I know? I'm no expert. So, I defer. Perhaps, our experts were just asking the wrong questions.

Face masks: have we been asking the wrong question all along?

We should have been wearing masks all along, but there was a known shortage, and we were misled. Purposely or not? I don't know. We knew we had a shortage and wanted to ensure our courageous health care workers had enough of the needed protections. As it should be. But, were they afraid if they suggested wearing facemasks there would be none available for our health care workers? We could have been making homemade facemasks from the beginning. I don't want to say we have been purposely misled, but that is what it feels like.
I did not believe the government. I ordered five N95 masks even though the government described them as unnecessary. I got them while they were available. They were yet selling dust masks on Amazon as of two days ago, but it may take two months to get them unless you pay air freight. They block microscopic droplets that contain viruses.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
from my studies a virus is not alive, it stays on some surfaces but that doesn't tell anyone how long it stays viable on surfaces, this is something to know but I have heard nothing from experts about the viability of a virus on surfaces once it gets on there.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Interesting and we really have no vaccine for the flu because it is always a new strain, and we have no cure for the flu. There have been so far 63,000 deaths alone from the flu just in the USA. I think the shot for flu gives everyone a false sense of security. I think we will have a shot for the C virus but not a true vaccine like with polio and smallpox vaccines

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
from my studies a virus is not alive, it stays on some surfaces but that doesn't tell anyone how long it stays viable on surfaces, this is something to know but I have heard nothing from experts about the viability of a virus on surfaces once it gets on there.

The Korean expert says this can be hours to days depending on the surface and the temperature. Cloth and cardboard is shorter-lived than plastics.
He talks about the table and surfaces in there somewhere, just wish it wasn't so long.
He talks about masks starting at 15:58

Upvote 0