Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Every time I watch a snippet or listen to some supposedly Theologian, bashing Word of Faith,first person I see is Benny Hinn.
Man does he take the flack for us,He doesent even claim to be Word of Faith!
Then Mr smart the critic most holy starts off by saying prosperity pimps and the mysticism of word of Faith!
Then Mr critic tells the audience the complete teaching is in his books and tapes CD mind control devices that are found in the lobby.
He can't stand prosperity but does the same thing any one else does who has bills to pay.
Then he goes on about us trying to perform Miricals and how bad we are and moves us to mysticism and trying to be God.
One even said we were worse than Jehovah Wittnessis.
I don't want to worry about them,they persecuted our Lord we will be persecuted as well.
There is one that I consider dangerous, this is part 1 go to part 2 to find out why.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gravitate toward teachers that are not puffed up and completely ignore those who aren't teaching properly. It's a waste of time for anyone to orbit false teachers just to correct them whenever they say something stupid and heretical. Simply mark them and tell others to avoid. You should be able to find teachers who aren't puffed up on YouTube and the like. Don't judge by appearance (nice clothes, gentle tone, self-entitled look) but by message. I don't pay any attention to the "superstar" preachers who are on television or do this stuff to make money as they are friends of the world the vast majority of the time. Any teacher who denies Christ and favours gnostic teachings that say "you are god" brings upon himself swift destruction.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Gravitate toward teachers that are not puffed up and completely ignore those who aren't teaching properly. It's a waste of time for anyone to orbit false teachers just to correct them whenever they say something stupid and heretical. Simply mark them and tell others to avoid. You should be able to find teachers who aren't puffed up on YouTube and the like. Don't judge by appearance (nice clothes, gentle tone, self-entitled look) but by message. I don't pay any attention to the "superstar" preachers who are on television or do this stuff to make money as they are friends of the world the vast majority of the time. Any teacher who denies Christ and favours gnostic teachings that say "you are god" brings upon himself swift destruction.

Psalm: 82. 1. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. 2. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. 3. Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. 5. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. 6. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. 8. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

But I don't think MacArthur said this,he said it ok at the end of days to take the mark of the Beast you will be saved anyway.
I try not to ignore antichrist teaching and focus on a movement my Pastor doesent like.
Ignoring statements and being passive is like putting cologne on a corpse.
Backhanded opinion under the guise of kind advice is fully noted and understood.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not too familiar with the different flavours within WOF, but my experience is that often WOF and "Kingdom NOW" Christians seem to lack some discernment and do not see the wolf under the sheep's clothing of folks like Hinn (who basically sells feelings).
I think that's why critics use Hinn as an unmistakeable example of how bad things can be.
It's probably not fair to many WOF-ers though.

my 2 cents

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not too familiar with the different flavours within WOF, but my experience is that often WOF and "Kingdom NOW" Christians seem to lack some discernment and do not see the wolf under the sheep's clothing of folks like Hinn (who basically sells feelings).
I think that's why critics use Hinn as an unmistakeable example of how bad things can be.

my 2 cents
Discernment? How about just reading the scripture and go by that?
Hinn, as much as you may not like him, is a Christian. He believes in Jesus and wants you to believe in Jesus also. ALL false prophets are unbelievers (wolves). They all deny Christ and want you to deny Christ also. Hinn is not a wolf. He does not deny Christ. He wants you to not deny Christ. He cannot be a false prophet. Better check up on that "discernment" of yours. As much as you love your own discernment, if it does not agree with scripture.. ditch it.

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately you only seem to prove my point...
Seems to me that this "discernment" of yours tends pretty much line up with those you disagree with... regardless of what scripture says.
I think I will stick with scripture.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you should read about the many warnings for deception a little more.
Or perhaps have a look at why many fellow Christians think Hinn is probably not a Christian or at least where the problems lie.
Or learn how discernment is a gift of God.
The eagerness for some sort of religious power trip, sings and wonders often pushes discernment out the window, is how it comes across to me often.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure WHERE your talking about. It can be here. I have been on this site for YEARS..so many. I then pay because I see real people crying for help. So after all these years I pay.. just to find out.. I cant help them..even if some are of this world asking for help. I then read in some HOLY SPIRIT thread... I cant post there. Then another was talking about how happy and how they are still trying to get free of that CULT! Yes the word used was "WORD OF FAITH". Sorry where am I posting now?

Pffft..it brakes my heart. This site says "Christianfroums". Yet.. I read about Mary..people ask about her and is it ok to pray to her to Jesus. Do you know how many HERE believe its OK! Or LDS..on and on. And we you think the sweet sweet holy Spirit of GOD is here? Or what.. just in your or my little group?

There are MANY tents...but ONE CAMP! We need to come together.. Jesus wow.. came died rose PRAISE GOD..is THAT not enough? Gifts tongues? I remember seeing Kenneth Hagin on Tv say.. you dont believe in speaking in tongues? Praise GOD! thats OK! The hate..I have seen those videos.. Benny.. do you know how many times that man HAS repented that never gets talked about? Like Hagin. I have seen those videos...but what NEVER gets shown is him saying SO many times "hey if I miss it if I get it wrong TELL ME I will repent I will get it right"..

So love them.. the ones that make the videos..and others.. but STAND for CHRIST! Do not BOW DOWN! I dont care where you are! Jesus is NOT decided. And like it or not agree or not He is NOT In anything that causes confusion. I come here for the people that ask for help and prayer..other then that.. praise GOD..I leave in peace..and if I have offended..forgive me

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you should read about the many warnings for deception a little more.
Or perhaps have a look at why many fellow Christians think Hinn is probably not a Christian or at least where the problems lie.
Or learn how discernment is a gift of God.
The eagerness for some sort of religious power trip, sings and wonders often pushes discernment out the window, is how it comes across to me often.

There is no such thing as "the gift of discernment." It is an imaginary gift that the rebellious use to bypass the word of God and to overrule true ministry gifts established by God. You will find no "ministry of discernment" or "gift of discernment" in that list. Discernment is an ability that all believers have and is the result of spiritual development and maturity. Not a gift. Just an ability. Those who lay claim to this so-called "gift of discernment" display by this action a lack of the spiritual development and maturity required manifest that true ability of discernment. If they had the true and real ability... they would not be claiming to have the imaginary gift. If someone claims to have this imaginary "gift of discernment" or to have some sort of fantasy about being a "discernment ministry" then they have to submit themselves to the same scriptural rules as everyone else. Every word they speak and every "discernment" they make should be judged... and if they are found to be wrong, they should be subject to the same judgment they seek to pass on everyone else. They should be marked as false discerners and those who seek to divide the body.
Funny that these alleged "discerners" never seem to discern anyone who is a true prophet or apostle. It is always negative. Always rejections. Always division.
We all need to look again at these who claim to possess this alleged "discernment" gift and fantasy "discernment" ministry. No such thing is described in the scriptures. They have no power or authority in the church or over you. Do not give them any.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good stuff there. But not a word about any "gift of discernment" or "ministry of discernment" that would elevate the individual's discernment to the same level of a Holy Spirit enabled gift or Holy Spirit enabled ministry. It has no authority or power in the church. Nobody can use their discernment to lord it over actual called ministries established by Christ.
My experience with these so-called discerners is that they sit in the back of the church and murmur, gossip and plot against the pastor, teacher, prophet. They spread rumors and whisper their "discernments" among the fellowship. They cause divisions and doubts. They are not gifts of the Holy Spirit. They are not ministries of the Holy Spirit. They are sneaky. They operate in the dark. Having no actual real ministry, or not liking the real ministry God has given them, they seek to impose their own doctrines and personalities into the church by claiming to have some special "discernment." I have never seen anything good or positive come from this sort of thing. It is not of God. It is not the God way of doing things.
It should not be respected by the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

my 2 cents

If you are not familiar with anything why pretend by commenting?
What good can come from ignorance?
Do you understand that we do not follow Benny Hinn for the majority of our People?
If we did would it be for you to Judge?

Here is the fruit of vanity:

Proverbs: 6. 16. These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Upvote 0