What's the weather like where you are? (10)

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's 82F and sunny here today in Central Oklahoma - a beautiful day. We even have an Oklahoma breeze of 18 mph.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It is Spring at last. Earlier this month we had some severe snow storms. Now the snowmelt has produced some flooding.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Elevated Fire Risk. :( We haven't had rain lately, spring was cold, but tomorrow it will be 79F or 80F. Our area had flooding this year.

Fire ... I've never had to consider it my whole life.

We stayed in a lovely historical (1899) B&B in July of 2004. I came in late at night and saw unattended candles burning on the porch and told our hostess, Bobbi Wood. She thanked me. When I went to bed I was so concerned that someday there would be a fire; it took me awhile to get to sleep. I kept thinking, "There's going to be a fire in the future."

July 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm
6 Dead In New Ulm Bed And Breakfast Fire
...Zach Kuck, 17, of New Ulm, shot a video shortly after the fire started. Kuck says as he shot the video, he heard a woman screaming for help.

Family members on scene said cries for help likely came from the bed and breakfast owner Bobbi McCrea and her two young daughters, ages 3 and 15. The family said all three died in the fire, along with three others, whose identities remain unknown. New Ulm Fire Chief Paul Macho says they are likely out of town guests...

Wrongful Death Lawsuits In New Ulm B&B Fire Settled

The fire at the Bohemian Bed and Breakfast killed six people on July 2, 2011. The victims were the inn’s owner Roberta McCrea, her two daughters, 15-year-old Abby Gayle Wood and 3-year-old Savannah McCrea, and three guests — 67-year-old Andrew Uhing of Hardington, Neb., 62-year-old Joseph J. Bergman of Centuria, Wis. and 59-year-old Dian Lee Bergman of Centuria, Wis.

Four others managed to escape the fire...

Investigators determined that burning candles left unattended on a three-season porch caused the fire.

I saw a video of the burning fire. It made me feel really sick and depressed.

• Prayers
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's after midnight, so I'll have to say yesterday. Yesterday afternoon and evening were scary. We had tornadoes and developing tornadoes all over the state. We give thanks that the closest one to us was about 60 miles away. I also give thanks that we don't know of any fatalities. We use the weather services out of Norman and Oklahoma City, some of the best in the world. Thank you Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elevated Fire Risk. :( We haven't had rain lately, spring was cold, but tomorrow it will be 79F or 80F. Our area had flooding this year.

Fire ... I've never had to consider it my whole life.

We stayed in a lovely historical (1899) B&B in July of 2004. I came in late at night and saw unattended candles burning on the porch and told our hostess, Bobbi Wood. She thanked me. When I went to bed I was so concerned that someday there would be a fire; it took me awhile to get to sleep. I kept thinking, "There's going to be a fire in the future."

July 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm
...Zach Kuck, 17, of New Ulm, shot a video shortly after the fire started. Kuck says as he shot the video, he heard a woman screaming for help.

Family members on scene said cries for help likely came from the bed and breakfast owner Bobbi McCrea and her two young daughters, ages 3 and 15. The family said all three died in the fire, along with three others, whose identities remain unknown. New Ulm Fire Chief Paul Macho says they are likely out of town guests...

The fire at the Bohemian Bed and Breakfast killed six people on July 2, 2011. The victims were the inn’s owner Roberta McCrea, her two daughters, 15-year-old Abby Gayle Wood and 3-year-old Savannah McCrea, and three guests — 67-year-old Andrew Uhing of Hardington, Neb., 62-year-old Joseph J. Bergman of Centuria, Wis. and 59-year-old Dian Lee Bergman of Centuria, Wis.

Four others managed to escape the fire...

Investigators determined that burning candles left unattended on a three-season porch caused the fire.

I saw a video of the burning fire. It made me feel really sick and depressed.

Such a sad story and so unnecessary. :( :pray:

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's after midnight, so I'll have to say yesterday. Yesterday afternoon and evening were scary. We had tornadoes and developing tornadoes all over the state. We give thanks that the closest one to us was about 60 miles away. I also give thanks that we don't know of any fatalities. We use the weather services out of Norman and Oklahoma City, some of the best in the world. Thank you Lord.

Glad to hear that you ones and in fact, all the people over your way are safe, Tom. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was praying for everyone in the path of the bad weather last night. We didn't have a tornado but some lost their power and in our county one family's house had a tree fall on it. More storms tonight.

Happy for you, Tom. I prayed for your whole state.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's 83F and fair right now in Central Oklahoma. Lots of folks who needed rain badly got it last night in our storm outbreak. Many parts of the state under drought conditions got 1 to 3 inches of rain.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Today was nice, the lawn was wet though.

I tried to mow the front yard before the storm Wednesday night, got almost half done and discovered that my second Lithium battery had died so that it won't charge. I hope I can finish the front yard tomorrow with only one battery.

It might rain tonight.

Upvote 0