What's the weather like where you are? (10)

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok guys, I have to describe this the best I can....a picture wouldn't even do this scene justice.

Was walking out to the barn for night milking around 11:30 pm and was really dark in the sky as there was no moon tonight. We have a "street" light in the back of the house so you can't really see the stars very well until you get away from the light far enough.
So, as I am walking past the light, past the huge spruce trees and get closer to the barn, I notice light in the sky in the North. So I walk partly past the barn and the north field is lit up because of the snow. Beyond the field the woods start and there is a line of huge evergreen spruce, red pine white pine and others that look black because the Northern lights (aurora borealis) is lit up behind them in a blue green glow! They weren't strong enough to dance and change colors, but I just stopped, admiring the beauty of what God created. Looking up higher in the sky, as the light faded to a really dark sky, the stars were actually twinkling, and you could see thousands of them.
Made me think, how small and insignificant I am in this amazingly complex system He created, but He loves me enough to have sent His Son to die for me.......
With beauty like that, I bet heaven will just take our breath away......God bless you all.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok guys, I have to describe this the best I can....a picture wouldn't even do this scene justice.

Was walking out to the barn for night milking around 11:30 pm and was really dark in the sky as there was no moon tonight. We have a "street" light in the back of the house so you can't really see the stars very well until you get away from the light far enough.
So, as I am walking past the light, past the huge spruce trees and get closer to the barn, I notice light in the sky in the North. So I walk partly past the barn and the north field is lit up because of the snow. Beyond the field the woods start and there is a line of huge evergreen spruce, red pine white pine and others that look black because the Northern lights (aurora borealis) is lit up behind them in a blue green glow! They weren't strong enough to dance and change colors, but I just stopped, admiring the beauty of what God created. Looking up higher in the sky, as the light faded to a really dark sky, the stars were actually twinkling, and you could see thousands of them.
Made me think, how small and insignificant I am in this amazingly complex system He created, but He loves me enough to have sent His Son to die for me.......
With beauty like that, I bet heaven will just take our breath away......God bless you all.

so lovely to read...
here in the UK,
wet and quite warm!
...it doesn't compare...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

What a blessing! I love photos of the Northern Lights! I'm not far enough north to see them.

And, yes, I'm in awe of the Son of God's payment for my sin!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Tonight:

A few passing clouds. Low 23F. Winds light and variable.

Tomorrow:
Weather Daytime.png

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 41F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it's not snowing, so i'll take it.

LOL, but you may not receive it here :D
Thank you for your visit to GE50+

This is a forums for those aged 50 and Over ?

Linger, you may not :wave:

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

An amazing post! Thank you HmL! I love looking at the stars at night and thinking how vast is the universe, and yet the Lord knows when one sparrow hops to the ground. He is awesome. :bow:

Here, it is raining.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, it doesn't disappear for more-than a few days it-seems
I wasn't aware of how much rain falls up here (south of the Lake-District) before my move here
and certainly do not recall it raining, quite so-much, down there in Bristol

Upvote 0