U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So..you kinda got back to my original point. Its pointless to pray for anything. Except to give thanks etc like some said here. But pointless of appealing to God when you need him coz his mind is already made up and pointless other people saying they will pray for you.

EDIT:

Here's a thought,

What if, when we pray for worldly things, the worldly spiritual authorities battle the intercession, because it doesn't belong in heaven, it belongs in the world. What is God's will? If we read His Word it tells us all the good things He likes for us to have. Not limited to tangible but also the intangible qualities.

According to His will. What is His will? (going back to my previous post. One must also realize that there is a spiritual realm with spiritual warfare going on around us. As we become closer to hearing God's voice and recognizing His presence, we will also become more sensitive to what ISN'T God. That is ALOT.

"Then behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. He said to me, “O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. “Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision pertains to the days yet future.” Daniel 10:10-14.

No theology and worldly wisdom *might* think of the prince of persia, as an an actual person. It's a spiritual allusion to a demonic adversary. Angels and demons are very real and some people can see them (I can see perceive/sense both). From this passage it is clear that sometimes prayers get intercepted by demons because the prayers are asking for demonic/worldly things and not heavenly (added that last part there by word of knowledge, actually hadn't thought of it that way before)

If I had told myself this a year ago I would have received it but while saying (this guy's seeing hallucinations) it's kinda sharing solid food (Hebrews 5:14), but maybe it makes more sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What line of thinking, or what exactly did I say that was not biblical?

Just keep it simple for the moment.
ok. your first post answer to me talks about reasons for unanswered prayers. My point is that it is the way we pray and what we call prayer alltogether that is wrong and not true to Jesus teaching.

Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EDIT:

Here's a thought,

What if, when we pray for worldly things, the worldly spiritual authorities battle the intercession, because it doesn't belong in heaven, it belongs in the world. What is God's will? If we read His Word it tells us all the good things He likes for us to have. Not limited to tangible but also the intangible qualities.

According to His will. What is His will? (going back to my previous post. One must also realize that there is a spiritual realm with spiritual warfare going on around us. As we become closer to hearing God's voice and recognizing His presence, we will also become more sensitive to what ISN'T God. That is ALOT.

"Then behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. He said to me, “O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. “Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision pertains to the days yet future.” Daniel 10:10-14.

No theology and worldly wisdom *might* think of the prince of persia, as an an actual person. It's a spiritual allusion to a demonic adversary. Angels and demons are very real and some people can see them (I can see perceive/sense both). From this passage it is clear that sometimes prayers get intercepted by demons because the prayers are asking for demonic/worldly things and not heavenly (added that last part there by word of knowledge, actually hadn't thought of it that way before)

If I had told myself this a year ago I would have received it but while saying (this guy's seeing hallucinations) it's kinda sharing solid food (Hebrews 5:14), but maybe it makes more sense.
Very good, but i believe it's not just worldly prayers that are thwarted by the worldly spiritual authorities, they try to stop godly prayers as well. Faith in Jesus' righteousness IN US is a huge key to experiencing effective prayer. I'm sure there are many other keys I don't know about, and some that NOONE knows about just yet. We are still learning about Him and exploring His mystery. Teach us how to pray Lord!

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Earlier today I had a chat with my wife. It didn't go as well as I would have liked, but I reckon we both came out of it for the better. I also had a few chats with my boss, my colleague, and a customer; those chats went quite well.

However if I analysed those interactions in the same way we are analysing our chats with God, I reckon it would all end in tears.

Just relax! Through Christ we have access to our Father. So ask, and tell.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok. your first post answer to me talks about reasons for unanswered prayers. My point is that it is the way we pray and what we call prayer alltogether that is wrong and not true to Jesus teaching.

OK, good, step by step here.

Now, what type, or way of prayer did I suggest that was not biblical?

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I pray daily in the outline the Lord's prayer, I receive the Holy Spirit and feel well compared to not praying for a week. It really is God answering me with the Gift of the Holy Spirit. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well simple is.. we pray.. as in.. we praise Him.. thank him.. we beg we complain we ask..well what is GOD to you? Like a slot machine to just get? Or something so far away that is so holy so pure that you.. sinful yet saved.. but cant seem to break free..so this HOLY PURE GOD.. will never hear you.

Well before anyone asked.. HE did hear and sent His only SON. He then after finding YOU.. came into your heart and lives IN YOU! Cant get closer then that. Then tells you.. your not just some slave or helping or servant. You are 100% my baby.. my Child.. by boy my girl. And you have not a clue not a thought..nothing.. you have no idea how much HE LONGS to hold you have you with Him for ever. He will NEVER EVER EVER LET YOU GO! He has to let YOU make that choice. No one has any idea the pain it has on HIM. He made them ALL with the same love. He is a Father yet not like man.

So by Christ He tells you.. like this..simple ok? Here..take this book. Read it.. what ever you read in it.. just ask.. its yours. If I said it.. I WILL DO IT. All you have to KNOW is I am IN YOU..we are one.. so I hear you. And if I hear you.. when you ask.. I will do it since you are asking for what I gave you already. If you dont know I hear you.. then its doubting and .. I cant do it then. For you do not believe..and since you do not believe..you will not get anything. For it is by faith you please me.

See if its WRITTEN.. He will do it. So go to HIS WORD. Find your need and ask..but KNOW HE HEARS YOU! how do you know? TAKE THE TIME to pray and seek. Spend time. Just talk to Him .. just be your self.. HE IS ALWAYS waiting to talk to you.. and HE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER gets tired of hearing you talk.. dont let the enemy take your joy.. seek Him.. make sure its written.. take HIm at His word. If you get stuck on something it is wise to ask.. yet ask HIM! He will show you where and what it means.. YES HE REALLY HEARS YOU!..

So remind Him of what HE said. Not because HE forgets but.. like a court room.. when HIS word is said.. the enemy can not say a word..it then HAS to happen. I dont care what you see feel or hear. You walk by faith a min a day a week a year.. no matter how good or bad it gets. HE WILL NEVER FAIL YOU! You stand and then stand you keep to HIS word..what HE SAID! Just like a child trust Him. See loving all forgiving all.. repenting.. not freely walking in sin.. REALLY helps.. just talk to Him.. wake up and talk to Him

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I started this thread some time ago - As if to emphasize my points I cant help but notice the litany of threads asking for prayers. Are they wrong ... are they frivolous of wasting their time because its not how it works?

A person who is feeling a bit low

A person whose brother needs a girlfriend

Praying for a new great Britain

Praying to making America Great

Praying for a grandmother of a youtuber

I prayer I wont do Bad

A prayer I wont joke around

A prayer for my boss who hurt himself on a ladder

A prayer for the handicapped

I could go on but it seems - whats the point of asking me to pray for someone “not to do bad”. Are we all getting this wrong? Isnt a prayer just between you and God because to me it seems that the value of prayer loses some integrity in asking people to do something minor or personal for someone else

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are doing what God asks you, God may answer your prayers. You might notice your life changing for the better. My mother is 79 and terminally ill. I was praying for her to be restored to health. I got an answer that God has not yet reversed people's mortality and people will continue to get old and die. I then prayed for her pain to be lessened.

I was reminded of this Gospel verse:

Matthew 6 (WEB):
5"When you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Most certainly, I tell you, they have received their reward. 6But you, when you pray, enter into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

7In praying, don't use vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their much speaking. 8Therefore don't be like them, for your Father knows what things you need, before you ask him.

I remember a Christian Forum prayer request. Someone had a friend whose wife did not return from her regular exercise walk. Later it was reported the man's wife had collapsed and was found in a hospital. I was glad there was no foul play.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started this thread some time ago - As if to emphasize my points I cant help but notice the litany of threads asking for prayers. Are they wrong ... are they frivolous of wasting their time because its not how it works?

I prayer I wont do Bad

I could go on but it seems - whats the point of asking me to pray for someone “not to do bad”. Are we all getting this wrong? Isnt a prayer just between you and God because to me it seems that the value of prayer loses some integrity in asking people to do something minor or personal for someone else

Your depth of thought is remarkable. I mean that.

However we are to pray without ceasing; pray for each other so that you may be healed; Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. There's more of course and I'm sure you know the verses. If unsure I can provide.

Now to address the matters for which we pray for? That is a matter of maturity in the faith and circumstances.

One might think someone's request is well a bit frivolous or not a serious concern. Maybe not compared to someone terminal with a disease or illness.

However, what is the spiritual state of someone new to the faith? Or young and afraid? God gauges these things, we don't. Those of us who have weathered the things the younger or less experienced endure now, must understand God builds faith in us. He does so through answered prayer, and the prayers the Holy Spirit utter for us. Sometimes he builds faith by providing something not asked for. I speak from experience. My own and others I pray with and for. Not many broadcast on these forums when prayer is answered. I belong to another forum where people do and that is quite a blessing.

On another note, if your point was we should all pray for needs instead of wants, then I think you hit upon a most interesting point.

For example, someone might ask prayers for a job interview, an exam or to find safe and affordable housing. I think that is fine.

If someone is praying for picking the right numbers for the lottery or "good luck" at the blackjack tables, then such should be examining their lives.

Did I touch on some of the issues you posed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God can bring wisdom and healing.

In some cultures (Indian for example) this is a VERY BIG DEAL. God can direct the brothers heart.

I don't understand this one.

It's good to pray for leaders and governments. God's work can be efficiently done through the government, but they are not always listening to Him. We pray that they may think clearly and hear God's direction.

Just to be clear, there is a spiritual dimension that cohabits our existence and spiritual darkness wars with spiritual light. Prayer enables God to overcome the darkness because the earth He has given to man. Our ownership means we can walk in the authority of Jesus and pray for His Kingdom to reign over it.

I prayer I wont do Bad

This is good as long as we don't think God will all of a sudden stop us making choices. It will, however, make it easier to make the right choices if God breaks off the confusion that leads to sin.

Sounds like a prayer from a young person. I would say it is fine to joke around as long as others aren't hurt or being disrespected.

Prayer enables healing.

Praying for all handicapped people is like firing a bullet at an army. Better to choose one person to pray for regularly.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Madame @Zoii

The first time I really prayed in my life was the moment I was going to die. And the moment I wanted revenge the most. And I was gonna take revenge myself. But I asked if there's a God, and if it listens to me, bring justice not revenge, for I'm not wrong about this time, and you can see, I cannot hide it from you. And a huge stock pile of bad days fell upon my oppressor.

Pray, but with a clean heart. And be thankful. Because God may be our Creator, but does he have to take care of us? Is he obligated to us? It is not and it is very arrogant to speak in a way that he is obligated to us, to help us, or whatever.

Why I am telling you this? I prayed many times actually through my entier life span. But I never really meant it. I prayed, I instantly got better, or I got what I wanted, then I forgot about the help I got. I always told myself this was a coincidence. Last time I changed. I really changed my belief and after my last prayer has been answered I really believe and I did not forget the good that has been given to me.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Zoii. To pray is to talk to God, our Heavenly Father. We tell God that we love Him and wish to pray/talk to Him. God knows our hearts, and God knows our wishes. Some questions need longer to answer ,than others. We love God and tell God what we want, then we wait for an answer.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we ask for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour.( neighbour is all we know and meet, friends and not friends)
Daily we ask God for an answer to our prayers, and keep sharing all love and joy with our neighbour. If our question has to do with our love for our neighbour, and if we ask our Saviour Jesus to lead us aright, God will be with us and answer our questions. Keep loving and asking, then thank God and wait for the right time, God will answer our prayers when the right time is there. I say this with love, Zoii. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dear Zoii. To pray is to talk to God, our Heavenly Father. We tell God that we love Him and wish to pray/talk to Him. God knows our hearts, and God knows our wishes. Some questions need longer to answer ,than others. We love God and tell God what we want, then we wait for an answer.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we ask for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour.( neighbour is all we know and meet, friends and not friends)
Daily we ask God for an answer to our prayers, and keep sharing all love and joy with our neighbour. If our question has to do with our love for our neighbour, and if we ask our Saviour Jesus to lead us aright, God will be with us and answer our questions. Keep loving and asking, then thank God and wait for the right time, God will answer our prayers when the right time is there. I say this with love, Zoii. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
'Thanks Emmy. But is there any point getting someone to pray for something on your behalf? eg Pray your husband gets a new job

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
'Thanks Emmy. But is there any point getting someone to pray for something on your behalf? eg Pray your husband gets a new job
It depends on your faith. If your faith requires someone to pray on your behalf, then knowing that those prayers are being offered will help you.

Read Matthew 8:5-13.

Upvote 0