What's the First Line in the Closest Book?

5stringJeff

Aug 17, 2005
GA
✟9,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"SQL (short for structured query language) is an industry-standard language specifically designed to enable people to create databases, add new data to databases, maintain the data, and retreive selected parts of the data."

-- SQL for Dummies

Upvote 0

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
gopjeff said:
"SQL (short for structured query language) is an industry-standard language specifically designed to enable people to create databases, add new data to databases, maintain the data, and retreive selected parts of the data."

-- SQL for Dummies

Bless your heart. :) I actually made it through a whole day today without having to use SQL at work...but if I ever get stuck, I'll know who to PM for help!

Sorry...carry on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

glo

Jan 5, 2004
✟9,345.00
Faith
Protestant
I actually have a Bible next to me.
I'm sure almost all of us know what the first line of that book is.

I haven't read it in ages though. :( :|.

Next closest is this book:
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun."
;)

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Certain people have said that the world is like a calm pond, and that anytime a person does even the smallest thing, it is as if a stone has dropped into the pond, spreading out circles of ripples further and further out, until the entire world has been changed by one tiny action."

From A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Penultimate Peril: Book the Twelfth by Lemony Snicket.

Reactions: jenptcfan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
glo said:
Next closest is this book:
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun."
;)
:):):):):):)

It begins, as most things begin, with a song.
-Anansi Boys for Neil Gaiman

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"This book is written for people who have but one ultimate desire---to be in love with God. More specifically, I could say it is for evangelical Protestants who have devoted their lives to finding an intimate relationship with God. But most especially, it is for those sincere but often misunderstood souls who have been willing to lay aside doctrinal and denominational allegiance in their devoted quest for that mysterious "something" --that indefinable element of true faith for which they long, but which no church, doctrine or teacher has ever been able to place within their outstretched hands." -- Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells - Matthew Gallatin

Ok, that's the first paragraph but it really grabbed me the 1st time I read it.

Upvote 0