What's so great about being a Christian?

Tnmusicman

Sinner Saved By Grace
Mar 24, 2012
Nashville, TN ( Music City )
Visit site
✟16,518.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When things get messy and coimplicated I think it is time to return to the spirit and simplicity of the early Church. Just imagine if there were no huge amount of denominations only one Church called The Followers of Christ Church with a mission statement of the great commandments. It used all of its resources to help the poor and accrued only enough money for food and shelter for its priests and a place of worship. It lived on trust and hope from day to day. Maybe even the priests had to live with the flock and not have their own private residence.

Than the world view of Christianity might change.

I can't argue with that.
It's a wonderful thing to think about (having only one Christian church ect...).

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can't argue with that.
It's a wonderful thing to think about (having only one Christian church ect...).

Jesus said we will always have the poor. But we will always have division too untill the day he comes to unite the seperate in His Word. This is the seemingly unfortunate truth we see among warring nations and even among us Christians. My vision is more affirmed for after His coming than it is before that day.

Upvote 0

Tnmusicman

Sinner Saved By Grace
Mar 24, 2012
Nashville, TN ( Music City )
Visit site
✟16,518.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus said we will always have the poor. But we will always have division too untill the day he comes to unite the seperate in His Word. This is the seemingly unfortunate truth we see among warring nations and even among us Christians. My vision is more affirmed for after His coming than it is before that day.

I like that Paul taught unity. Paul felt it imperative that there be no division in the church. He urged unity.
[BIBLE]Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose" (Philippians 2:2). [/BIBLE]

It would be great to go back to one church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eveningfirelight

In a castle on the moors
Oct 28, 2012
Ohio
Visit site
✟7,999.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, for me it is just a warm, pleasant feeling. I admit in the past I have fallen away from Christianity some and I didn't have that feeling anymore. When I was at my highest point with being a Christian was when the feeling became the most intense.

Upvote 0