What's God teaching you?

RNwannabe

Chronic Cat Collector
Feb 2, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟523.00
God is teaching me that His timing is perfect as is His will.
Sometimes is difficult to submit and surrender my hopes, and dreams, but I know that once I do things will be as they should.

I am learning how to wait on the Lord. I am also learning what is truly important in my life.

He is teaching me that I am not the one in "charge" of my life, but rather He is. :) Just realizing that is a huge obstacle that is behind me now!

The old hymn Learning to Lean, comes to mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well okay with me, God is teaching a lot - and not even telling me a single word to do it. lol

#1 Patience - I have been seeking after God now for a really long time, but I still can't hear His voice. I've had a lot of people that can talk with Him about it, but He still chooses (for ways higher than I can understand) to with-hold His voice from me and make me wait. Try goin 2 years without hearing a thing from God and tell me if it doesn't try your patience lol

#2 Faith (I seem to growing just like Stogus here lol) Takes a lot of faith to wait this long on God. He's tryin to teach me that whether not I hear Him... whether I feel Him or not... no matter what I'm thinking, that He is right there by side the whole time and will never leave me or forsake me.

#3 How to hear His voice. Still tryin to teach me that. life is to be lived in relationship with Him.

#4 Worship God how I worship and don't be so concerned with the others around me while I do it. It's not my responsibility to make them have the "right attitude" (which is the attitude I think they should be having)

#5 Tounges. What all it is and what all it does.

#6 Friends. And their importance

#7 Obedience. When I do hear I know that I will obey because He has trusted me this long to trust and obey anyways.

#8 Desire. Go 2 years without hearin from God and tell me if at the end of it you're not dying to just hear a single word from Him. That is the kind of desire that God has been trying to place in me this whole time. And He's doin a great job of doin it too. lol :)

I can't think of any others at the moment. But that should be enough to inspire at least one person :D Have a great day!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
JeTmAn said:
God is teaching me that for my life to be happy I only need him.

Wow, He is teaching me almost the same thing right now. To just depend on Him and not to depend on people. After all, for anyone to have anything of any value, they have to get it from Him in the first place. So the more we can receive directly from God ourselves and the less we need to go through others, the better off we are.

Upvote 0