On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you think there are so many differnt beliefs, when it comes to what the bible say?

Why do you think we can't seem to get the same doctrines?

Pride, so inability to admit being wrong.

"Spiritual babies (aka carnal)" in charge (the I am of xyz or abc or lmnop that Paul warned about).

Seeing scripture through the lens of Tradition.

Persecution of those who taught what apostles taught.

Off the top of my head ...

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have contacts in China and they never have asked about “which translation”, just send more.

Look any translation done by a group of scholars that had to agree works just find in all the matters that matter. It is only when you worry about the insignificant stuff that we fight over what the Greek said.

Maybe if we had to do a little thinking, praying, meditating, discussing with other Christians; seekers of the truth, fasting over it, waiting for an answer and a really allowing Spirit to work with us we could know what it means?

true.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"Spiritual babies (aka carnal)" in charge (the I am of xyz or abc or lmnop that Paul warned about).

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LovesJesusChrist38

Jan 14, 2013
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sometimes its hard to know whats going on. life is hard, faith gets tested and sometimes i feel so low i just want to shed tears, but there is no hope in this world, only hope i see is in the lord, so i press forward, keep obeying him and hoping in him, i wait on the lord, thanking god for something to hope in. Dont know anything else but that sometimes. Praise the lord. This song says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOAtHr7_Fk

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes its hard to know whats going on. life is hard, faith gets tested and sometimes i feel so low i just want to shed tears, but there is no hope in this world, only hope i see is in the lord, so i press forward, keep obeying him and hoping in him, i wait on the lord, thanking god for something to hope in. Dont know anything else but that sometimes. Praise the lord. This song says it all.

Jim Reeves - This World is not my home - YouTube

I haven't heard that in a long time. setting listening to the gospel hour with my grandma. thanks for that.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOAtHr7_Fk

You are a blessing, both to me and to this forum :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Some just forget to take the cover off 'em.....

2Cr 3:13
unlike Moses, [who] put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away
[Exodus 34:34, 35]

images

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't be a surprise. RC doesn't think Anglican priests are "real" priests with the ability to "transform" (or invoke God to "transform") the bread into flesh and wine into blood, like they think they are able to.
That's right in theory, but the point is that when the Pope made his announcement about the deal he was offering, it was widely thought that he was going to finesse that problem somehow. As it turned out, there's so little left of the "Anglican ethos" that the Pope had been thought willing to accept for the sake of re-union, that the proposal immediately soured.

Personally, I always thought what you have said--that the Pope could NOT overlook this theological issue--but I know that there were many who believed all the glowing reports from both Roman and Anglo Catholic spokesmen that circulated prior to the final version being revealed.

It's the new normal redefined "apostolic succession" from "teach the same" to "continuous valid priest succession".
You're expressing the Eastern Orthodox definition of the term there. Western Christianity has never accepted that qualifer.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Shouldn't be a surprise. RC doesn't think Anglican priests are "real" priests with the ability to "transform" (or invoke God to "transform") the bread into flesh and wine into blood, like they think they are able to.

It's the new normal redefined "apostolic succession" from "teach the same" to "continuous valid priest succession".

Apostolic Succession was never simply defined as "teach the same" but always in an unbroken line of succession in ordination from the Apostles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is an excellent post bling!

I have heard this many times before and the only conclusion one can come to is that there is only God, His Holy Spirit and the written Word to teach and guide them! There is no use of rituals, million dollar buildings or a hierarchy of men.

The Holy Spirit can and does lead people into the His Truth w/out a bunch of other stuff distracting us and focusing our attention on things that don't really matter. I think we could look at their example and learn from them!!
We do not have to learn from them, just go back to what Jesus taught us and his example: a small group, allowing deity to do the mentoring, spending lots of time in all kinds of situations, using the masses and the many needy people as the back drop to teaching the small group (the masses are a fickle group and not the first objective), and patiently training through asking questions.

In China the Christians maybe unwittingly following Christ’s example because they cannot have large groups, the highest position is an unpaid small group leader, they do not have money for large budgets, they have to have intense training of new leaders, because they will have to split up as they grow and thus need twice as many leaders every time they split and they cannot be influenced by outside money since there is no outside money allowed in.

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so are you going to get it started?

i have looked into some of the bible version issues. one side says this the other side says that. i do know that the issue is prof. and you are so right this is an issue that we must take to God.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think there are so many differnt beliefs, when it comes to what the bible say?

Why do you think we can't seem to get the same doctrines?

because text is two dimensional and thought at the very least is 4 dimensional. it leaves a lot of room for variation on understanding what is written.

Upvote 0