Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think there are so many differnt beliefs, when it comes to what the bible say?

Why do you think we can't seem to get the same doctrines?

i also have another question: why are there so many people confused about something so simple as prayer?

i was talking to a vender the other day, and he asked me a question that knocked me back. he asked, "if Jesus said that all we need is the faith of a mustard seed, why can't we as christians get the things we pray to God for, if we, who say we believe in him not get the things we ask of God, how then can we say we believe?"

i answered if we pray for selfish reasons, our selfishness gets in the way; (i.e rishes, sports vitories...etc.) we are not truthly praying to the father the way he requires.

then he asked, "then how must we pray?"

i told him as Jesus taught. our father...etc.

he asked then one prayer covers everything, how does one prayer do that, and is that the samething as repentive praying? or ....etc.

(i was unable to help, i answered as fare as i could. then i hit a wall can you help?)

Last edited:

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any given set of believers gathered together have general agreements at best even if they believe otherwise.

There is no such animal as entirely perfect agreement across the spectrum and ludicrous to believe there is such a thing. Any in depth conversation will eventually bear this fact out between any two people, period.

s

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

Why do you think there are so many differnt beliefs, when it comes to what the bible say?

Perhaps you should have labeled your thread "Why?" rather than "What?" because you do not ask what, but why.

BTW, this very topic has been discussed ad nauseum on numerous threads already.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,507.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you should have labeled your thread "Why?" rather than "What?" because you do not ask what, but why.

Yep :thumbsup:. Like beatin' a dead horse.

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

okay thanks, how do you search the treads b/c i would really love to read some. i tried the search forum tab but it doesn't seem to be working.
how do you end a thread once started?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

The Scriptures have to be fulfilled :angel:

Exd 8:23
And I will put a division between My people and thy people:
to morrow shall this sign be.

Luk 12:51
"Do ye suppose that I came to give peace on the land?
I tell you, not at all!, but rather division.

Jhn 7:43
So there was a division among the people because of Him.
images

Reactions: squint
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It is interesting that the underground church in China has rapidly grown to an estimate of over 100 million with no physical central organization, having and using only the Bible as a guide book, having only small groups of less than 40, are nondenominational and are spread though out a huge country, yet from all we can find out; they teach the same (very conservative) doctrine.

Severe persecution tends to weed out the hypocrites and prioritize the issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic

Because the scriptures are of no private interpretation, yet all who have seperated themsevles from the Catholic Church and those groups that did so, rely on private interpretation for right understanding, which was never promised us.

So, every group that has seperated itself from the Catholic Church has done what Peter warned against, wrest the scriptures.

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is interesting that the underground church in China has rapidly grown to an estimate of over 100 million with no physical central organization, having and using only the Bible as a guide book, having only small groups of less than 40, are nondenominational and are spread though out a huge country, yet from all we can find out; they teach the same (very conservative) doctrine.

they use only the bible. that is the issue in america, alot of people my self included would then have to say which one? b/c sometimes our english bibles just don't agree.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the scriptures are of no private interpretation, yet all who have seperated themsevles from the Catholic Church and those groups that did so, rely on private interpretation for right understanding, which was never promised us.

So, every group that has seperated itself from the Catholic Church has done what Peter warned against, wrest the scriptures.

Or...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Hi tlf.
Do we really have to bring the RCC into this discussion? :doh::p :groupray:

Reactions: squint
Upvote 0

LovesJesusChrist38

Jan 14, 2013
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because the flesh doesn't want to see the simple truth. We all struggle to overcome our flesh and to walk spiritually which the flesh hates. And demons try to keep us from the truth, they invade our thinking. And i have observed that many times people agree but don't know it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jake255

Jul 10, 2011
✟17,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This is an excellent post bling!

I have heard this many times before and the only conclusion one can come to is that there is only God, His Holy Spirit and the written Word to teach and guide them! There is no use of rituals, million dollar buildings or a hierarchy of men.

The Holy Spirit can and does lead people into the His Truth w/out a bunch of other stuff distracting us and focusing our attention on things that don't really matter. I think we could look at their example and learn from them!!

Upvote 0

LovesJesusChrist38

Jan 14, 2013
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hereticks. Get the stakes, i'll get the matches

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

i agree with the idea you are trying to say, that we got away from a norm. but i do have many things against the cathlics, but one i will use. matt 23:9 and 1 tim 2:5.

some reasons where good some where bad. but now it's the norm to leave a chruch start a new one just because you don't like that pastors.

Upvote 0

LovesJesusChrist38

Jan 14, 2013
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hereticks. Get the stakes, i'll get the matches

They forgot what was taught.

Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Mt 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some reasons where good some where bad. but now it's the norm to leave a chruch start a new one just because you don't like that pastors.

It is actually. I've often wondered if that is what caused the original split (the name Protestant kind of made me wonder). The thing is, starting a new church simply because of issues with the pastor is the worst reason. The ONLY reason one should start a church is because God called them to. Churches started for that reason are the true churches.

I'm not a Catholic, but I'm not against them. I'm not anything except a believer in Christ (lol and yes I attend and minister at my church faithfully) I just don't like labels.

Upvote 0