W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's varying beliefs in or concerns about "pleasing" God in the "Church".

Consequently, there is much compromise, until the "Church" is no more recognizable than the world.
Im not talking about that kind of compromise. I believe in seeking the kingdom, not the world.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Anything that tends to divide people and cause strife.

The very simple and deliberate act of believing in, and following Christ CAUSES division and strife.

Cuz not ev'ry one is thrilled that there's actually a bona fide believer and mouth piece for God (and i'm referring to the "Church").

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps a better way approach this would be to ask: "What do you regard as the essential beliefs of Christianity?. "What must you believe, at a minimum, to be saved?
I'll go first.
That Jesus Christ is the unique, one of a kind, Son of God; the 2nd part of the Trinity who died for our sins, rose the 3rd day and ascended to heaven.That his is the only name by which we might be saved and that he will return to judge the quick and the dead.
In all other areas I believe people may disagree. And that being wrong in those areas will not affect your salvation.
God Bless
Jax
We already have the creed and its not enough to unify the denominations.

Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Im not talking about that kind of compromise. I believe in seeking the kingdom, not the world.

More specifics are necessary.

Compromise and the "blending" of Pagan and worldly practices with "Christianity" and quasi beliefs are already the fruit of "unity".

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
More specifics are necessary.

Compromise and the "blending" of Pagan and worldly practices with "Christianity" and quasi beliefs are already the fruit of "unity".
Take a protestant and a catholic for example. What things would these two have to get rid of in order to be unified?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sole purpose of man is to glorify God. Love not the world. Seek the Kingdom of God by obeying his commandments: Love God above all else and love neighbor as self.

Isaiah 43:7 (KJV)
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The sole purpose of man is to glorify God. Love not the world. Seek the Kingdom of God by obeying his commandments: Love God above all else and love neighbor as self.

Isaiah 43:7 (KJV)
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
I agree, thank you.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would you be willing to give up any divisive theology, for the sake of unity?

absolutely not. An example of divisive theology...

"Jesus is an exclusive Savior. “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name in heaven given to men by which we must be saved” Acts 4:12. Contrary to what contemporary culture tells us, there are not multiple paths to God. There is only one—Jesus Christ"

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
absolutely not. An example of divisive theology...

"Jesus is an exclusive Savior. “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name in heaven given to men by which we must be saved” Acts 4:12. Contrary to what contemporary culture tells us, there are not multiple paths to God. There is only one—Jesus Christ"
So division is good?

Upvote 0