Visit site
✟1,357,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would happen if all those who are being abused by addictive spouses would speak out within the churches, & in public meetings, & if they would ask for prayer for their spouses, including for those who are pastors who are abusive & sexually addicted?

I think we have all been conditioned that this is a private matter, and so we end up suffering in silence, but is that what God intended? I was reading in 2 Corinthians 1 today, and I read Paul's words he wrote to the church where he told the church that he did not want them to be uninformed about his suffering. Then, he went on to list the specific ways in which he was suffering for righteousness' sake. Why did he do this? So they would pray for him and for his deliverance.

I believe that if the abused would speak out and would give prayer requests at church stating what they are going through, short and to the point, that they probably would be rejected, yes, and they will probably face the wrath of their spouses, and perhaps even the wrath of church leaders, but then the church would have to acknowledge how huge of a problem this is and then they would be forced into having to deal with the problem. But, maybe this is what needs to happen for the church to wake up.

I admit I tried this one time at the home of a Christian couple who we had known our whole married lives and even before that, and they immediately hushed it up and then ignored it the rest of the evening. There was another couple there, too, who we had also known for forever who were missionaries on the mission field, and they said nothing, too. This was prompted, though, by the host's question to all of us where he asked if we had any prayer requests. The Lord prompted me to give my request, so I obeyed, although I certainly knew what the responses might be.

It continually amazes me how we can give prayer requests for anything and everything but abuse of a mate, especially if the abuse involves sexual sin. Why is that? I believe that is purposeful, and it is to keep the church asleep, and to keep the reality of this situation hidden and thus not dealt with, which then leaves spouses suffering in silence while the husbands get coddled in their sin, oftentimes.

Anyway, please pray for me and for my husband. He has been an addict and an abuser for maybe 50 years. He has made many false starts at working on his issues, but his heart has not changed. He is presently going through his issues, it would appear, and is working on them. So, please pray for us, for deliverance. Thank you!

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Praying for you Sister, May God open this mans eyes to see what he is doing so he can repent. I am so sorry that you are suffering and will certainly be keeping you in prayer. May Jesus bless you with peace and protection.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Seeking YHVH (God) often works out different than expected.
Abiding in Christ Jesus often is LEARNED through hardship and difficulties,
and not trusting in man's churches nor man's agencies.
YHVH'S WORD says quite a lot that people don't listen to nor know,
and is quite different than any way that society works concerning anything.
YHVH'S WORD is often rejected by society (and even churches) for whatever reasons,
as people often do not read nor know YHVH'S WORD.
"Total Joy" and "Total Woman" by Isabel something are two books that are (or seem) excellent , being in line with all Scripture, and not accepting society as any kind of help nor authority in matters that YHVH'S WORD speaks clearly of.
PEACE is a big factor , in all circumstances, in CHRIST JESUS,
instead of succumbing to the pressures of society/ agencies/ even 'churches' opposed to Jesus and contrary to YHVH'S WORD.

The solution to all life's 'problems' [sin, flesh, devil, world, financial, relationships, all]
are summed up IN JESUS,
found IN JESUS - Healer, Provider, Strengthener, Messiah Savior Comforter, ....
in line with HIS FATHER'S WORD, always.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you Sister, May God open this mans eyes to see what he is doing so he can repent. I am so sorry that you are suffering and will certainly be keeping you in prayer. May Jesus bless you with peace and protection.
Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeking YHVH (God) often works out different than expected.
Abiding in Christ Jesus often is LEARNED through hardship and difficulties,
and not trusting in man's churches nor man's agencies.
YHVH'S WORD says quite a lot that people don't listen to nor know,
and is quite different than any way that society works concerning anything.
YHVH'S WORD is often rejected by society (and even churches) for whatever reasons,
as people often do not read nor know YHVH'S WORD.
"Total Joy" and "Total Woman" by Isabel something are two books that are (or seem) excellent , being in line with all Scripture, and not accepting society as any kind of help nor authority in matters that YHVH'S WORD speaks clearly of.
PEACE is a big factor , in all circumstances, in CHRIST JESUS,
instead of succumbing to the pressures of society/ agencies/ even 'churches' opposed to Jesus and contrary to YHVH'S WORD.

The solution to all life's 'problems' [sin, flesh, devil, world, financial, relationships, all]
are summed up IN JESUS,
found IN JESUS - Healer, Provider, Strengthener, Messiah Savior Comforter, ....
in line with HIS FATHER'S WORD, always.

Thank you! I appreciate your words of encouragement.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To answer your question, I think this kind of prayer, along with other kinds of prayer would change the world. Lord, this is one of those "big prayers" that we often don't pray, overwhelmed, and thinking it is too big and too general for You to do anything about. We are wrong to think this. May we pray for world revival in this area of abuse, and may You work on answering this prayer starting with the lady's marriage and husband that began this thread. May her husband, and the abusers and addicts of the world squarely see their problems, and come to understand that there are answers/solutions to these problems; there is deliverance that You can provide. May they come to learn the steps and details of these solutions, to apply them, and to be delivered. Thank You for this woman posting this issue. Amen.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To answer your question, I think this kind of prayer, along with other kinds of prayer would change the world. Lord, this is one of those "big prayers" that we often don't pray, overwhelmed, and thinking it is too big and too general for You to do anything about. We are wrong to think this. May we pray for world revival in this area of abuse, and may You work on answering this prayer starting with the lady's marriage and husband that began this thread. May her husband, and the abusers and addicts of the world squarely see their problems, and come to understand that there are answers/solutions to these problems; there is deliverance that You can provide. May they come to learn the steps and details of these solutions, to apply them, and to be delivered. Thank You for this woman posting this issue. Amen.
Thank you. Sue

Upvote 0