Not open for further replies.

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The layers of the Grand Canyon were deposited by the flood and the river in the Grand Canyon was created by left over waters from the flood, over thousands of years, not millions. That is what the evidence is implying.

What evidence?

Please tell us how the meanders were formed by a catastrophic flood. I'd love too see your ebidence for that, which you of course have to hand since you claim it is on your side

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What evidence?

Please tell us how the meanders were formed by a catastrophic flood. I'd love too see your ebidence for that, which you of course have to hand since you claim it is on your side

Meanders in the Grand Canyon were formed over thousands of years. Water moves differently on the insides and outsides, pushing silt to the sides and you end up with a meander.

You can google it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,891,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Meanders in the Grand Canyon were formed over thousands of years. Water moves differently on the insides and outsides, pushing silt to the sides and you end up with a meander.

You can google it.

In my uneducated opinion, the Grand Canyon was created when God pulled Eden (a.k.a. Pangaea) apart in Genesis 10.

In other words, I think it is a testimony to the continental breakup, not the Flood.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In my uneducated opinion, the Grand Canyon was created when God pulled Eden (a.k.a. Pangaea) apart in Genesis 10.

In other words, I think it is a testimony to the continental breakup, not the Flood.

Nope, we know that it occurred much later than 200 million years ago. That was when Pangaea broke up, in case you were wondering.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nope, we know that it occurred much later than 200 million years ago. That was when Pangaea broke up, in case you were wondering.

To be fair, he did qualify that as his "uneducated" opinion.

Of course, he'll still be relying on his more uneducated opinions long after he's been educated, but that's another matter.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

That could well be. I am open to all possible scenarios.

Upvote 0

Black Akuma

Shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die...
Dec 8, 2013
✟16,344.00
Faith
Seeker

You can google it.

I find it particularly odd that, instead of showing the evidence, you merely claim it's there and tell him to go look. Typically, you're more than willing to post whatever you think supports your idea as a link, whether it be from the usual claptrap sites (AiG or Evolutionnews, et cetera) or something cherry picked from an authentic site on the matter. That you haven't done so, here, is very telling.

At any rate, where is this 'thousands' of years coming from? If I recall correctly, the Bible says the waters receded within a years time, more or less, so it seems odd that you're adding to it all the sudden. Why were there flood waters so persistent in this particular area?

Also, you may not be aware of this, but we actually know what happens to an area when flood waters ravage it for a great deal of time.

Channeled Scablands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Channeled Scablands of Washington are area that experienced pretty much what you're suggesting here - thousands of years ago, there was0 a series of extremely powerful floods swept around the area for extended periods of time, called the Missoula Floods.

fig23.jpg

That's an area view. Compare that with the Grand Canyon.

grandcanyon.jpg

You'll note that the former is more jagged, random, sporadic, completely lacking in the slow meanders that the latter picture exhibits - one long, winding path. It's a completely different structure. But it gets worse.

The Scablands have a variety of neat, unique geologic features; it's actually quite interesting. For instance, we have the presence of erratics, which are basically rocks, rather large ones, that are carried far from their sources and deposited in areas with different composition. We find these in the Scablands. We don't find them in the Grand Canyon.

We also find ripple marks, like these.

harlen12.jpg

Also not present in the Grand Canyon.

Anyway, that's what I got after some Googling. What'd you get?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,891,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I'm familiar with you guys' beliefs about where the decimal point goes.

You guys think the earth [was] formed in 4,700,000,000 BC, and I believe it was created in 4004 BC.

Upvote 0

Black Akuma

Shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die...
Dec 8, 2013
✟16,344.00
Faith
Seeker
Yes, I'm familiar with you guys' beliefs about where the decimal point goes.

You guys think the earth [was] formed in 4,700,000,000 BC, and I believe it was created in 4004 BC.

What does the formation of the Earth have to do with the breakup of Pangeae?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What evidence?

Walt Brown models a post flood spill that carved the canyon. Is there some reason I should dismiss that??

grandcanyon-drawing_grand_and_hopi_lakes.jpg

grandcanyon-funnel_and_barbed_canyons.jpg

In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood - Walt Brown (1989)—Hydroplate Theory (summarized on pages 111–146).40 During the flood, massive amounts of sediments were produced by the high-velocity water escaping from

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Walt Brown models a post flood spill that carved the canyon. Is there some reason I should dismiss that??

"Different state past..." same reason you dismiss everything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In this different state past, does water still turn to steam when it's heated up?

Hard to say -- dad's notoriously tight-lipped about the specifics of his different state past.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In this different state past, does water still turn to steam when it's heated up?
Not only did water not behave according to present laws such as thermodynamics, but mass such as land and rock would have not produced or retrained great heat!

How else could oceans of water fall from space? How could the continents have quickly separated?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.