Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Does everyone here agree that we should seek God's Will in the matter? I personally know very little about Trump and refuse to be brainwashed into aligning with what the media chooses to portray about him. I simply do as the Bible says to do....pray for our leaders.
I have prayed for every leader since I became a Christian.
For every accusation that has been brought against Trump there has been politicians from both parties found guilty of the very same thing.
Isn't praying and asking God to help our leaders make the best decisions that is for the good of all and lines up with His Will the best thing to do?
God Bless.

As someone who does not believe in gods, no I do not believe this. I feel that believer or non we should try our very best to solve our own issues using the best available methods. While I strongly support your right to believe in a deity I must point out that people who thought they were doing Gods will are no more likely to be correct the the rest of humanity. It strikes me as a poor substitute for well reasoned discussion.

• Prayers
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If Donald Trump wins next Nov. 3, I'll get up around 8, brush my teeth, shave, get dressed, and fetch the paper from the driveway (yes--I still like reading a newspaper.) Then I'll go to the kitchen and have my coffee while I read the paper. And I'll wait to let in the cleaners. It's my normal routine for a Wednesday morning.

And that's the same thing I, and everyone will do if Trump loses. Life goes on.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Shake my head, feel embarrassed & ashamed. But I'll keep doing as I've been doing, moving forward with my own life. Donald will probably be dead and in eternal judgement in a decade's time considering his elderly age & state of health. I'm fortunate enough to not be in a position where I'd be as afflicted by whatever he does. I still have my life ahead of me so I'll keep building it up. I'm getting married to the gal I love in 2021 no matter who is elected in 2020. Will be getting my M.S. that year too, no matter who is in office. I do think on account of him we'll see a tide that will turn in the upcoming years. Opposite & equal reaction, for the better.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No. I can't cite any. It's been three years already. But it was covered on NPR. You can doubt me if you prefer.
A couple people with some celebrity said it but it wasn't a lot or even a handful. That's why you wouldn't be able to cite even a handful. It was basically Rosie O'Donnell and maybe one other person.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. McCain would have been worse, and had Romney won in 2012, there would have been no Trump in 2106.

Makes no sense. I thought your god could install whomever it wanted to, whenever it wanted to....

• Prayers
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank God...and then celebrate the fact that even more corruption will be exposed and justice will prevail against the cruel and unjust for another 4 years.

Yes, I guess the longer Trump remains in the public eye, the more his corruption will be exposed...

Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,436.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Simple question. Just curious of your thoughts.
eO3pvAu.jpg

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does everyone here agree that we should seek God's Will in the matter? I personally know very little about Trump and refuse to be brainwashed into aligning with what the media chooses to portray about him. I simply do as the Bible says to do....pray for our leaders.
I have prayed for every leader since I became a Christian.
For every accusation that has been brought against Trump there has been politicians from both parties found guilty of the very same thing.
Isn't praying and asking God to help our leaders make the best decisions that is for the good of all and lines up with His Will the best thing to do?
God Bless.
I have. Trump must go.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What will you do if Trump wins in 2020?

Celebrate and in addition put my cat's red t shirt on her that says "Trump -Make America Great Again" even though she's a Democrat and hates it.

^_^
A poster observes Cats are more discerning than most mammals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank God...and then celebrate the fact that even more corruption will be exposed and justice will prevail against the cruel and unjust for another 4 years.
Sounds like wanting Trump to win so he can be impeached.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Makes no sense. I thought your god could install whomever it wanted to, whenever it wanted to....

According to the Bible (and to many conservatives when there's a Republican President), God ordains our leaders. So, it was a bit perplexing to hear some of the Republican candidates insist that God told them to run for the presidency. I also found an older thread on CF when I googled the topic, btw.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As has always been the case, God ordains all leaders who agree with our political positions. Of course, there are Christians who stay out of politics, and do indeed accept Obama and Trump as God's ordained leaders.

According to the Bible (and to many conservatives when there's a Republican President), God ordains our leaders. So, it was a bit perplexing to hear some of the Republican candidates insist that God told them to run for the presidency. I also found an older thread on CF when I googled the topic, btw.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As has always been the case, God ordains all leaders who agree with our political positions. Of course, there are Christians who stay out of politics, and do indeed accept Obama and Trump as God's ordained leaders.

And there were the Christians who said "May his days be few..." when Obama was the President.

• Useful
Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And there were the Christians who said "May his days be few..." when Obama was the President.
And their prayers were answered. He was swept from office in 2016 and can never again run for President.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
FWIW, I’m sure that I stated when Trump and Hilary were running, that sometimes God puts leaders into power for judgement.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FWIW, I’m sure that I stated when Trump and Hilary were running, that sometimes God puts leaders into power for judgement.

I've heard that before from a few Christians since Trump was elected. These Christians believe that God allowed Trump to be elected to begin His final judgment and ultimate destruction of America.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that before from a few Christians since Trump was elected. These Christians believe that God allowed Trump to be elected to begin His final judgment and ultimate destruction of America.
I’m not going to that extreme. That’s an end times view that I don’t hold.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Going a bit off-topic here. Election betting is illegal through US gaming businesses. But it's available online through off-shore betting sites. The last time I checked, about a week ago, the moneyline on Donald Trump was at -110. Which means if you wager $100 that he wins, you get back $110 if he does. Harris and Joe Biden had the best odds among the Democrats at about +700. If you bet $100 on either of them, you get $700 if that person is elected. All of which says that as of now, the bookmakers believe Donald Trump is more likely to win. But the odds are a lot closer if you wager by party. If you bet a Republican wins, the line is the same -110. But the line for a Democrat to win is -120. Those are pretty close odds.

It's still very, very early. The odds will change many times in next 15 months.

• Useful
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0