Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Excellent point. Christians need to stop playing this absurd game of attributing divine underwriting to outcomes they happen to approve of while blaming Satan and his/her minions for outcomes they don’t like.
I agree.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd be saddened coming to a deeper realization that our nation really isn't the great nation that it once was, but is now moving closer to being filled by the kind of people that Paul warns us about in his letter to the Romans. However, I do know that with God's strength, I will endure and persevere. The bills will get paid.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Hi Ted,

I think this is the beauty of the greatest nation on earth! The difference between Brothers in Christ.

I am a polar opposite, I will not be saddened, but actually in some ways glad that the President has a second term. While in no means a perfect man (I didn't vote for a Christian, but a president), I believe he has benefitted the Body of Christ. Listening to his Christmas and Easter Messages along with his consistent mention of God. Combine that with the Christian groups he has helped support and his strong stance on abortion, makes him head and shoulders above any one on the left currently.

In many ways the leadership in the Democratic Party act and very closely resemble the people Paul dealt with in the Book of Romans, they are IMHO, not that far off from Diana worshippers.

God Bless you also.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ted,

I think this is the beauty of the greatest nation on earth! The difference between Brothers in Christ.

I am a polar opposite, I will not be saddened, but actually in some ways glad that the President has a second term. While in no means a perfect man (I didn't vote for a Christian, but a president), I believe he has benefitted the Body of Christ. Listening to his Christmas and Easter Messages along with his consistent mention of God. Combine that with the Christian groups he has helped support and his strong stance on abortion, makes him head and shoulders above any one on the left currently.

In many ways the leadership in the Democratic Party act and very closely resemble the people Paul dealt with in the Book of Romans, they are IMHO, not that far off from Diana worshippers.

God Bless you also.
Which sounds good, but as someone who has been defined out of existence by the Right as neither a "real" American nor a "real" Christian, I hope you can see how I might not think a second term has much to offer me.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Same thing I always do.

Imagining that he does get re-elected, that might be the end of the Republican party at the national level for a long time. I don't generally care for predictions like that, but:

The generational and demographic shifts that are happening in this country are happening quickly and not in the Republicans' favor. By 2024, even more of the old white Christian Republican guard will have died off and been replaced by The Others who tend to be less conservative and less religious. That holds true even if Trump were a more typical Republican.

Trump's shadiness, lack of decorum, and incompetence along with the gross hypocrisy of conservatives' blind support of him does not play well at all outside the base. I don't see Never-Trumpers gaining any new traction in the Republican party. In 2012 (I think), the Republicans had a post-mortem to figure out a way to better appeal to a broader swath of the country; instead, their voters went in the opposite direction. By 2024, even more people will be disgusted with the party.

There will probably be some sort of recession by the time his 2nd term is over. I don't say that to predict that he'll cause one, but we're kind of due for one whatever the cause. And while I doubt he'd cause one, I have absolutely zero faith in his or his administration's ability to deal with one. If the White House is this much of a dumpster fire when things are relatively good, how much worse will it be when things get hard? I'm skeptical that he and/or the party could recover from the sort of gross mismanagement that I expect would happen.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
look to the next 4 years of increased attacks on immigrants, hispanics, blacks and Muslims.
========
look to see the continued increases in Democrats in state offices, and in Congress

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MT,

I don't have a plan for the 59%.

Hi HL,

I was just wondering. It is apparently just a matter of degree that is being argued here and degree of what, is the question. While you disparage the Democratic party for its 'left leaning ideology', there seems to also be quite a bit of 'left leaning ideology' also running about in the hearts and minds of many Republicans. So, the question must be asked, "Is this issue really about Democrat vs. Republican or is it rather just about some of each party that don't fit with an individual's particular ideology".

In Jan. 2018, President Trump, after enacting a very large tax cut and thus reducing federal revenues by billions of dollars, began to come out against what are seen by some as 'welfare social programs'. However, his efforts were quickly quashed by the fact that there wasn't a lot of Republican support to do so. Many Republican held legislative districts have poor people counted among their number. Many of those Republican legislators did not want to cut federal funding to programs that did, in fact, directly help many of their own constituents.

So again, the question must be asked as to whether this is really a us vs. them Democrat/Republican issue or whether its just a matter of one individual's perspective that makes it seem that way? There appear to be some with 'left leaning ideologies' in both parties. Now, I will admit that the Democratic party has long been known as the party that supports the welfare of the people in general as opposed to the Republican party, which is generally supportive of the welfare of business. However, there is a middle ground within that opposition. We just need to find it.

It seems that the ACA was the real impetus that has pushed this us vs. them mentality of seeing the Democrats and the Republicans as some sort of arch enemies. That's sad. But the current rhetoric is only strengthening that idea rather than trying to bring us back to center. Our current leader not being willing to work with the legislature as a whole body also isn't helping and that is something that is fairly unique to his administration. However, it does fit perfectly with his known nature. His continued and oft repeated disparaging remarks against nearly half of the people over which he governs (Democrats) isn't helping the matter either. But then Donald J. Trump has never been one to work well with others.

He is on record that he prefers working with a body of people who are anxious and cut throat concerning one another and so that is exactly the kind of atmosphere that he seeks to create in all of this. In that, he has done an excellent job. If I were giving grades to presidents on their ability to divide the nation, President Trump gets an A+++++.

That's my understanding of the present situation and for me, I'd like to see that change. That may make me a 'left leaner' in your understanding, and frankly, I'm perfectly ok with that. I've long gotten over being offended much by name calling. Maybe you also will one day come to the realization that it really works better when we all try to work together. But that generally means that no one is going to always get their way. Living in a society is always going to involve some give and take, or else we get a unitary autocracy. A form of governance in which one person holds supreme power over the rules and laws of a nation.

That may work fine for those who agree with the autocratic leader, but what happens 4 or 8 years later when a new leader comes into power and then asserts his sole authority over the nation? Our nation was established to be run by a three branch system of governance in which no single branch could wield absolute power. Each branch has the ability to check another and I believe that has worked well for at least a couple of hundred years. There really is a reason that President Trump admires Kim and Xi and Putin. They hold the kind of power over government that he wishes he had. But, our Constitution doesn't allow for that eventuality.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imagining that he does get re-elected, that might be the end of the Republican party at the national level for a long time. I don't generally care for predictions like that, but:

I don't think the Republican Party will ever again be able to honestly claim to be the political party of morality and biblical family values because of Trump and because of the continued loyal support he has from his conservative Christian base, despite his ongoing unchristian and unethical behavior.

The generational and demographic shifts that are happening in this country are happening quickly and not in the Republicans' favor. By 2024, even more of the old white Christian Republican guard will have died off and been replaced by The Others who tend to be less conservative and less religious. That holds true even if Trump were a more typical Republican.

Current demographic statistics indicate that white people will eventually become the racial minority in America and current studies reveal that some white people are very fearful of that happening.

The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects

White fear of demographic change is a powerful psychological force

Status threat, not economic hardship, explains the 2016 presidential vote

Fear of Becoming Minorities Sustains White Conservatism, Study Suggests

Trump's shadiness, lack of decorum, and incompetence along with the gross hypocrisy of conservatives' blind support of him does not play well at all outside the base. I don't see Never-Trumpers gaining any new traction in the Republican party. In 2012 (I think), the Republicans had a post-mortem to figure out a way to better appeal to a broader swath of the country; instead, their voters went in the opposite direction. By 2024, even more people will be disgusted with the party.

If he's re-elected, then I think we will see much more backlash against his conservative Christian supporters like we have seen since he was elected the first time. There has been a very negative reaction toward his Christian supporters, who have been accused of hypocrisy, selling out to him, compromising their convictions, and abandoning their principles. They have also been the focus of some scathing articles questioning the validity of their faith and rejecting their Christian witness.

How has President Trump changed white Christians' views of 'morality'?

How could Christians support Trump’s lies? It depends on what you mean by ‘truth.’

Evangelicals slammed Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct. So why does Trump get a pass?

There will probably be some sort of recession by the time his 2nd term is over. I don't say that to predict that he'll cause one, but we're kind of due for one whatever the cause. And while I doubt he'd cause one, I have absolutely zero faith in his or his administration's ability to deal with one. If the White House is this much of a dumpster fire when things are relatively good, how much worse will it be when things get hard? I'm skeptical that he and/or the party could recover from the sort of gross mismanagement that I expect would happen.

I think Trump will continue to blame the Democrats or the liberal media or whoever else he can think of to blame for his obvious failures in order to take the blame off of himself and his administration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A poster will continue pointing out the failures and shortcomings of the President.

There will be more than one poster who will continue to do both of those things if Trump is re-elected.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There will be more than one poster who will continue to do both of those things if Trump is re-elected.
Wherever two or three posters are together .....

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmm...so he also ‘answered your prayers’ by installing Obama for 8 years? And he also gave the right ‘answer’ in tossing out the Republicans from the House last year...?

During the 8 years of the Obama administration it was typical to hear: "May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership," but since Trump was elected and he politically panders to his Christian base, we're now back to God ordains national leaders and obeying government authorities.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0