Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Psalms 101:1-3 ESV

“I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
to you, O Lord, I will make music.
I will ponder the way that is blameless.
Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
within my house;
I will not set before my eyes
anything that is worthless.”

God is love and God is holy and righteous and pure, so love is holy and righteous and pure, if it comes from God. And justice is fairness, uprightness, righteousness, honesty, and integrity, and God is all these things in his character. And if we are in Christ, by God-given faith in him, then we are to take on the character of Christ, and we are to walk in his ways and in his truth. And so we are to be people of God who are honest and upright and morally pure and who walk in righteousness and holiness to the glory and praise of God.

And with regard to the word “blameless”, it means to be without blame. So, if we are in Christ, by God-given faith in him, and so we are walking (in practice, in conduct) according to the Spirit, and not according to the flesh, and if by the Spirit we are daily dying to sin and we are denying self and we are walking in obedience to our Lord, in practice, then we are without blame. But if we make a profession of faith in Christ and then we continue in deliberate and habitual sin, we are not blameless. For the Scriptures teach that living such a life will result in not entering into the kingdom of heaven.

Now, to walk with integrity of heart within our houses involves us being people, in character, who are honest, upright, and reliable (faithful), who honor God with our lives. And we are people who are who we say we are no matter where we are or who we are with. We are not one person out in public in front of an audience and then different when we are home in our comfort zone, and/or when we are alone with no one else looking. We are consistent in who we are and in what we practice day in and day out. We are not double-minded and we are not a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

We, as followers of Jesus, are not to set before our eyes anything that is worthless. And worthless is what is pure rubbish, junk, good for nothing, useless, ungodly, wicked, and destructive to our souls. For when we set before our eyes such things, we are also taking these things into our minds and hearts, so it is like garbage in and garbage out. For what we take into our minds and into our hearts influences our character, our attitudes, and our behaviors. But just the act of viewing such things, depending on what it is, can be a sinful and immoral act, such as in viewing inappropriate contentography.

And so many people today who profess faith in Jesus Christ are filling their minds and hearts with such things because they are not guarding their minds and hearts against what is sinful and worthless and against what is pure garbage and what is immoral. But it isn’t just the content, though that is huge, but it is time spent on these things, too, that can be wasteful and useless and which may be sinful and against God, depending on the content. And that is time that could be better spent obeying and serving the Lord in doing his will for our lives and in doing things which are helpful to others.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Caution: This link may contain ads

I Surrender All

Hymn lyrics by Judson W. Van De Venter, 1896
Music by Winfield S. Weeden, 1896

… Lo, we have left all, and have followed Thee. (Mark 10:28)

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.