What was the first movie you ever watched in a theater?

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the original Bambi movie

traumatized for YEARS when his mother was shot in the head and killed.

what kind of kids movie was that?!

geez, I think I was about 4 years old and it was like seeing my own mom dead with her blood spilled and running out of her body

1.jpg

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't remember what the movie was, but my parents took me and my older brother to a drive in movie theatre. What I remember about it was getting to have popcorn and a coke in the car!

The first movie that I remember was E.T. Im the same age as Drew Barrymore, and I thought it was amazing to see a little girl with blonde pigtails like me, who wore those big yarn ribbons like I had on this huge screen. Her scenes were my favorite parts, and still are.

We didn't get to see movies very much and I still don't now. It's so expensive that unless it is something I want to see very badly, it's worth the wait for it to be released outside the theatre.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
the original Bambi movie

traumatized for YEARS when his mother was shot in the head and killed.

what kind of kids movie was that?!

geez, I think I was about 4 years old and it was like seeing my own mom dead with her blood spilled and running out of her body
You think that's bad - what about "101 Dalmations"? A whole generation of traumatized kids. To this day I have to go to the other side of the street when I pass a pet shop.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's amazing how many "kids" movies can actually be quite dark and scary in places.
wow, that could be be a whole other convo! its fascinating as to what in the world these screen writers are thinking!!

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first? Wow, hard to remember.

I think it was "A Land Before Time".
Woah. Blast from the past, Batman. I haven't seen you post in Singles in a long time. I remember you from years ago.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Woah. Blast from the past, Batman. I haven't seen you post in Singles in a long time. I remember you from years ago.
Yeah, I haven't been active on CF for a long time. But I do make "appearances" every now and then.

Did you go by a different username when I was active?

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,005,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I remember being sent to see Ever After as a school reward for honor roll students when I was 14, but I can't recall if that was the first movie I ever saw in theaters, or if so, what it may have been.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it was Land Before Time.

As far as Disney films dealing with dark subject matter... maybe back then they thought kids didn’t need to be as sheltered as they are now. Maybe they thought they could handle those things... and maybe parents were more willing to discuss them with their kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.