Xtreme

I shall fear no evil
Nov 16, 2003
Washington State
Visit site
✟7,670.00
Faith
Other Religion
Well, the first one that I ever saw was Sailor moon. My sister would put it on and I'd watch it out of curiousity. What really got me into anime though was Dragon Ball Z, after watching a few episodes of that I was hooked. Since then I've watched every anime I can get my hands on hehe.

Upvote 0

AcousticHxC

Nov 28, 2003
Killa Cali Westside
✟7,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
first one i watched was digimon. few years since ive even seen it, but i used to watch the first season when it premiered. then in the second season i guess i either lost interest or just grew out of it. i dunno. i cant remember the first real anime i got into was. i think it was actually because i used to play a lot of anime style games (legend of legaia, megaman). so it was probably that, then i started watching random anime on cartoon network. my favorite anime though was kikaider.

Upvote 0

iter itineris

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
I loved Voltron and Transformers (was that anime?). At the time I didn’t know I was watching anime, it wasn’t until later I understood what anime was. My first real introduction to anime was when I was in Junior High (over 10 years ago) from a friend of mine who was hmong. He introduced me to Vampire Princess Miyu. It had beauitiful art, and a non-cartoonish (childish) story with great music. It fanisanated me. After that he showed me Vampire Hunter D, Robotech, and Bubblegum crisis. It was wonderful! I was hooked for life, I got more into it than he was. :cool:

First tape I bought, hummm, I think it was Sol Bianca? Not sure, I just remember it being $40. And I remember Sun Coast was the only place that had anime, and their shelf contained a total of about 10 VHS tapes. We’ve come a long way!! :clap:

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It all started with Battle of the Planets and Star Blazers!
Once I figured out that these great shows originated in Japan, I went to the source and started buying import stuff. (This was around 1981 - 1982, so stuff was way harder to find)
I still remember getting my first Mobile Suit Gundam book. (The first Gundam movie).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Koryu

Rurouni Kenshin Fan
Dec 11, 2003
Aumsville, Or, USA
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Christian
I was surprised at how many people's first anime was Sailormoon. Its was the same for me as well. It's still a favorite of mine, although I've moved more into the manga then the anime. Next came G gundam. That was so cool. I still wish that they would show it on Cartoon Network....:sigh:
:D

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I forgot about Gigantor! That was really when I was a wee lad - black & white anime!
And of course Kimba the White Lion! And the original Speed Racer (Mach Go Go Go!).

Okay, I'm feeling old right now...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iter itineris

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Tribe said:
I forgot about Gigantor! That was really when I was a wee lad - black & white anime!
And of course Kimba the White Lion! And the original Speed Racer (Mach Go Go Go!).

What about Astro Boy, ever watch that? It was a bit before my time.

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
iter itineris said:
What about Astro Boy, ever watch that? It was a bit before my time.
Tetsuwan Atomu? I never had a chance to watch Astro Boy - I think my local TV stations just didn't opt to carry it. (ca. 1972-3) But man, I dug Gigantor.

Upvote 0

Koryu

Rurouni Kenshin Fan
Dec 11, 2003
Aumsville, Or, USA
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Christian
Tribe said:

I forgot about Speed Racer! I loved Speed Racer.

Upvote 0