What video games are you currently playing?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Given the horrible reviews the recent Battlefield game has received.. I think I'll just buy and download the latest Call Of Duty game instead.

I need a decent FPS for my PS5 console.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Given the horrible reviews the recent Battlefield game has received.. I think I'll just buy and download the latest Call Of Duty game instead.

I need a decent FPS for my PS5 console.

Just downloaded the game.

Will be nice to have another 120FPS title.

Wanted Battlefield instead... but the bugs scared me off. Might get it later if they fix the game with patches.

Reactions: gaara4158
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The enemy AI are dumb as a box of rocks too. Real next gen stuff here.

They just sit there while you directly aim a gun at them... duuhhh what's going o- *gunshot to the head*

• Haha
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The enemy AI are dumb as a box of rocks too. Real next gen stuff here.

They just sit there while you directly aim a gun at them... duuhhh what's going o- *gunshot to the head*

I had so much fun playing We happy few because of dumb AI and bugs. I was laughing so hard. Im a kid like that. It made the game more fun for me, even that game has received bad reviews. I think it’s the best game ever.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had so much fun playing We happy few because of dumb AI and bugs. I was laughing so hard. Im a kid like that. It made the game more fun for me, even that game has received bad reviews. I think it’s the best game ever.

I understand what you mean. Dumb AI can be entertaining at times. I like when dumb AI characters continually runs in front of a wall forever, lol. Just... that... with a cutting edge next-gen system and a triple A game... I expected much... much... better. I've played N64 games with smarter AI. Maybe it is partly due to the stress of the pandemic but it seems like more and more modern games are being released with a lot of software issues.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Need to get back into Oculus VR gaming. I genuinely do like the experience, just wearing the device quickly becomes painful and gives me slight headaches. If Mark Zuckerberg wants the Meta universe to be a thing... he needs to create more comfortable VR googles. Better magnifying technology too, because a lot of times it's like looking through blurry glasses. No one is going to seriously spend large amounts of time under such conditions. I don't think it's healthy.

The technology is amazing... but there are some serious hurdles they still need to pass.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fattening up my character to the maximum in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas just to get a trophy. Already puked in front of the cashier at the fast-food place stuffing down a bunch of food, lol.

• Haha
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow... these are pretty hefty updates... the San Andreas one alone is almost 10 GB.

Hope Digital Foundry makes a video about the recent changes. Seems like a game series they should keep an eye on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
After trying the update... seems like the framerate is more stable... but the unloaded textures seem worse.

Seems like a cheap fix. Lower the texture input to get a more stable framerate... when the PS5 should be able to do both easily! Rockstar come on... or Grove Street Games... whoever is making this... this isn't acceptable.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
After trying the update... seems like the framerate is more stable... but the unloaded textures seem worse.

Seems like a cheap fix. Lower the texture input to get a more stable framerate... when the PS5 should be able to do both easily! Rockstar come on... or Grove Street Games... whoever is making this... this isn't acceptable.

They were so hurry to make new console but games are not working well... ? Are they making them in a hurry or what’s going on?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They were so hurry to make new console but games are not working well... ? Are they making them in a hurry or what’s going on?

I'm not sure... some say it's the stockholders want a game to be released by Christmas time... even if it's not ready...

I think some game companies are testing the waters to see what kind of garbage the consumers will tolerate. The thing is... a lot might be mad... but if they make money, it might not matter.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure... some say it's the stockholders want a game to be released by Christmas time... even if it's not ready...

I think some game companies are testing the waters to see what kind of garbage the consumers will tolerate. The thing is... a lot might be mad... but if they make money, it might not matter.

Yea im sure they just try to make money as fast as possible.
Do you have beatsaber? I want that game so badly. When I get vr that will be first game I will purchase.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yea im sure they just try to make money as fast as possible.
Do you have beatsaber? I want that game so badly. When I get vr that will be first game I will purchase.

I haven't tried it yet, but it is heavily advertised in the Oculus Quest store. I might buy it, but it personally doesn't interest me very much. I have heard that Cities Skylines is coming to the Quest 2 which has me excited.

Besides Resident Evil 4 and the demo that came with the device I haven't tried anything else. I hate to say it but it's just too uncomfortable to use. Probably try it again this weekend, but it's just too heavy to enjoy the experience beyond a few minutes. I know they have some accessories that are supposed to make it comfortable. I might pick up a few and see if they work. I really do like the device and would use it a lot more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’ve been playing Xbox heavily lately, since the ps5 titles I’ve been waiting for aren’t coming out until next year. I really like their monthly plan that gives you access to their top games for like $10/mo without having to buy a full $70 game.

Since starting Hades I’ve made it through to the end twice, and I really enjoy the wealth of dialogue and content there is to unlock. 100% completion is probably off the table since that would take a level of dedication and skill I simply can’t access, but I’ll slash through the dungeons for hours on end when I’m in the mood.
I’ve also been playing Forza Horizon 5, which just came out and so far has been beautiful. The next-gen graphics really shine in the vehicle design, especially with ray tracing, but the environments and gameplay are truly impressive as well.
I bought Far Cry 6 and was disappointed to find it feeling like a step back in the franchise with a lackluster storyline, soulless AI, and average graphics more reminiscent of FC3 than a next-gen game. There’s more to do and less fun doing it all.
I also bought the new Call of Duty and it’s… fine. I only play these games for the multiplayer and this game provides a whole new set of maps, weapons, scorestreaks, etc. so it’s good for short bursts of action. I will say I prefer the aesthetic and scorestreaks of Cold War, but there’s good fun to be had nonetheless.
Finally, the Halo Infinite multiplayer beta was made available recently and I’ve played it a bit. It’s strange adjusting back to the unique mechanics of Halo after playing other shooters, but it’s pretty solid so far and the graphics are up to par with expectations. I’m finding many of the weapons either too weak or delightfully overpowered with little in between, but I’m sure that will even out over time.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I haven't tried it yet, but it is heavily advertised in the Oculus Quest store. I might buy it, but it personally doesn't interest me very much. I have heard that Cities Skylines is coming to the Quest 2 which has me excited.

Besides Resident Evil 4 and the demo that came with the device I haven't tried anything else. I hate to say it but it's just too uncomfortable to use. Probably try it again this weekend, but it's just too heavy to enjoy the experience beyond a few minutes. I know they have some accessories that are supposed to make it comfortable. I might pick up a few and see if they work. I really do like the device and would use it a lot more.

I invite myself for game night ^_^ haha.
I wonder when they plan to make upgrade to that vr set. I think they should do it already.
I’ve been playing Xbox heavily lately, since the ps5 titles I’ve been waiting for aren’t coming out until next year.

What games you are waiting for?

Halo games has been my ultimate favorites when it comes to co-op games. For me those games has been very engaging I remember I once played it about 8 hours or so hardly having to visit in toiled or eating lol

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder when they plan to make upgrade to that vr set. I think they should do it already.

What games you are waiting for?

Halo games has been my ultimate favorites when it comes to co-op games. For me those games has been very engaging I remember I once played it about 8 hours or so hardly having to visit in toiled or eating lol
God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Game night sounds fun.

As far as the next Oculus VR set... I'd say some time in 2022. Maybe Springtime at the earliest? With the Oculus 2 gaining more traction, Meta might be waiting to milk that device a little more. Although it could come out sooner... as an Oculus 2 owner I'm hoping not... I want my VR set to me new for a little while longer lol.. That is just Oculus though, other companies release new VR sets all the time. I have little knowledge about them, but Oculus is one of the few where you do not need to plug it into a computer or console it's just standalone. Although the other VR might be lighter and more comfortable?

Thinking about buying a Nintendo Switch tomorrow (if I can find one). Not sure why I waited so long, other than the fact that I was tired of Nintendo. Now I'm itching to play their series of games again. Just personally wish Nintendo went by the way of Sega and was forced to become solely a publisher and developer and release their games on multiple consoles.

Upvote 0