Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sascha Fitzpatrick said:
Find this hilarious - I'm sure ALL the girls have looked at the turn offs for men and got offended, but chosen not to say anything - yet the guys HAVE to voice it when they get upset over what we say :p

Guys - it's PERSONAL opinions - not directed at you personally, k??? :)

Sasch

Hey being a guy I read thro' all of these and could do nothing more but laugh at myself and realize what does turn some of ya'll women off. Seems to me that there are quiet a few obvious one.

And I would never take this as a cut on us guys.

I mean come on if you are going to go into a forum marked with a question directed for the women then we have no reason to be offended.

Peace and good night

Upvote 0

harmmony

Jan 5, 2004
Sunny Queensland
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Turn offs (very possibly "deal breakers" - had to throw in the Dr. Philism -sorry) -

*Chauvinists/ don't see women as equals
*Guys who can't handle a woman who is a free thinking individual with an opinion (possibly contrary to theirs)
*I don't care if a guy doesn't have much formal education, but a person not willing to see life as an educational experience where there is always something new to learn is a turn off for me
*Smoking, excessive drinking, any drugs
*Hypocritical/Judgemental
*Closed mindedness, especially when it comes to other people and non-conformist/non-traditional ideas and opinions
*No, or flawed moral value system ie-cheaters, liars, only interested in sex etc.
*Add in a lot of what the other ladies said in regards to personal appearance and treating me with respect

Reactions: wonder111
Upvote 0

lilray

May 3, 2004
✟8,613.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Turn offs...
- non-believer or a believer who is not walking
- sexually active or previously very promiscuous
- no sense of humor / takes himself too seriously
- doesn't take care of himself
- emotionally unstable or draining
- short temper
- laziness
- dishonesty / lacks integrity
- someone who's overly insecure or too cocky

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
lilray said:
Turn offs...
- non-believer or a believer who is not walking
- sexually active or previously very promiscuous
- no sense of humor / takes himself too seriously
- doesn't take care of himself
- emotionally unstable or draining
- short temper
- laziness
- dishonesty / lacks integrity
- someone who's overly insecure or too cocky

totally agree!! anything else added would merely be pet peeves..and there is NO way that all of those would fit on here :D
the above listed are the key issues anyway..'specially the first one

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I listed cursing as a turn off because of several reasons. 1. My older brother curses and I've grown up listening to it. 2. It makes the speaker seem ignorant. 3. Curse words tend to be used in angry situations when someones temper has gotten out of hand and violence is soon to ensue. 4. Curse words to me symbolize that someone is angry and unstable- just from my experiences growing up. 5. I want to be proud of the man that I'm with. 6. It just sounds crude. 7. I don't think Jesus would do it or use it in everyday language. 8. I don't do it , and I expect the same standards for a boyfriend/husband that I do of myself.

The bottom line is that for myself, I don't find it attractive in anyone and it bothers me so why should I be willing to compromise that if so much negative has been attribuited to that in my own life. I see in my brothers life and marriage where his mouth and anger and cursing has hurt his wife and hurt his child and hurt his family. And I do not want to pursue that in my own marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums