what to do, what to do?-- Spirit-Filled-Pentecostal/Charismatic Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christina M

enoch son said:
The daughter of a believer wants to come home for X-mas only problem is she wants to bring with her, her new female lover and stay in guest room. Father said she was welcome but the other was not. Daughter said go to hell. Father right?

I don't know if he was "right" or not, but if it was my daughter, her lover would not be welcome. Right or wrong, I will not be tolerant of sin under my roof. I can't control it anywhere else, but I can in my own home.

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

attachment.php
The following rule indicates what topics need citations. Personal experience and opinion is not considered a citation. You can use scripture or quotes from authoritative sources. All quotes need citations of where they came from (for example, what book or better, a link to a website that has the material for review) Bible verses need Book, chapter and verse number.

4.2 You will restrict any posts relating to the following controversial topics to the Ethics & Morality, Liberal Theology or Christian Philosophy forums (this site uses the scriptural definition of marriage which is a union between a man and a woman):
a. drug use.
b. gambling.
c. polygamy.
d. extramarital sexual activity.
e. abortion.
f. homosexuality.
g. transsexuality.
In addition, discussion of the above topics must be backed by evidence complete with citations. Standard citations are acceptable but links are preferred.

Repeatedly ignoring this rule can result in warnings. Posts that violate this rule will be removed. Threads with repeated violations of this rule will be closed.

For those who do not know what a citation is, please look at these posts (just click on words "Example #1" etc below):

Example 1, Example 2, Example 3

This notice is from ALL CPE Staff

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
enoch son said:
The daughter of a believer wants to come home for X-mas only problem is she wants to bring with her, her new female lover and stay in guest room. Father said she was welcome but the other was not. Daughter said go to hell. Father right?

The father was right if the HS led him in that direction . The father was wrong if he was simply going in the typical knee-jerk legalism . If the latter , he knew that he was picking his doctrine over his daughter and his daughter may have known him well enough to know if that is what he was choosing .

Edited to add :
Passage from the Scriptures - the letter kills but the Spirit brings life . ( 2 Cor 3:6 for those who need help ) .

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
In issues like this it is vital to keep our house pure. This can be seen Scripturally from Achan's sin in Joshua. I am the head of my house, and what happens there I am in control of.

I refused to allow my sister and her boyfriend to stay overnight once. I have regularly sent people outside to smoke, etc.

I would not feel guilty over this unless the issue of homosexuality means that in the past heterosexual sin has been treated differently. If the son was allowed to bring his girlfriend to stay, but not the daughter, then that would be an issue.

Otherwise, stick to your guns, stay loving (1 Cor. 13, Romans 12) and enjoy Christmas...

Cheers,
Zzub

POSTSCRIPT:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BIBLE IS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAR THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN. THIS CAN BE REFERENCED FROM SCRIPTURES SUCH AS GENESIS 1 and 2, WHERE GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE IN HIS IMAGE, NOT ADAMINA AND EVE, OR ADAM AND STEVE.

IN ADDITION, DEUT. 23.17 SAYS THAT THERE SHALL BE NO HOMOSEXUAL AMONG YOU. YOU COULD ALSO READ GENESIS 19 AND SEE THE SAME IDEAS. IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, ROMANS 1 SAYS THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS UNNATURAL AND AGAINST GOD AND 1 COR. 6.9-11 SAYS THAT HOMOSEXUALS HAVE NO INHERITANCE IN GOD'S KINGDOM.

Interestingly enough, I don't need to cite references for heterosexual immorality so you can look those up for yourselves.

Thanks,

A moderated Zzubster

Upvote 0

Jesus1stKing

God 1st, Others 2nd, Me Last
Dec 2, 2005
Tucson, Az.
✟10,326.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
This posthas been removed in order to comply wit CF rule #4.2.
My comments referred to an earlier post, and apparently to comment on a post that did not comply with the rules is against the rules.
SO I retract my statement and appologize to anyone I may hav inadvertently offended by referring to my opinion that someone should follow the leadings of the Gospel.
Humbely Yours
Jesus1stKing:bow:

Reactions: KingZzub
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
mysparrow said:
Both are welcome, but not to sleep together in my home, and the daughter should respect the Father to abstain for one night.

I would agree with that, while it is sin what the daughter is doing. I would not allow the two of them to sleep together in my house.

Father gets my vote

Upvote 0

whoaelizabeth

Apr 20, 2006
Austin,texas
✟15,131.00
Faith
Pentecostal
the father gets my vote.

If they wanted to stay, they should respect him and abstain. Its his house, his rules. My dad is alot like that, and i wouldnt DARE ask anything like that. i would go out of my way to prevent any more damage to our relationship. IMHO, she should know her dad well enough to try to avoid something like this. Seems like their relationship isnt that great?

Liz

Upvote 0

Koontzy

KJV Only Bible Believer
Feb 1, 2005
Indiana
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am going to have to disagree with most people here... Likewise I would not allow her lover to stay the night I would be welcome to invite her over, this could be something god has planned... Maybe he is wanting you to reach them both with the story of Jesus,..... I owuld have not turned them down for coming but would tell them to stay over night somewhere else... the bible tells us to reach all souls...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.