What the devil is currently trying to do in the media.

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The only way a President can make comments that are truly divisive is if people are looking to a government other than the one he presides over. I will agree with @RDKirk and say that the devil is the ruler of this world system. However, the government rests on the shoulders of Jesus, Isaiah 9:6, Romans 13. The devil may influence ideas but he does not rule in government until his man comes to power.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
@tulc, you are assuming that the scribes and Pharises were the rulers at that time. In all reality it was Rome. Also I think Paul was being somewhat sarcastic when he gave that quote. The High Priest thought he was a ruler of the people, but biblically that is not the position of the high priest, the position was to make sacrifice for the people, to serve, not to rule. The quote out of God's law is not any less valid.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Currently in the news...a lesbian psychologist/social worker took sexual advantage of a veteran, and her identity is being protected, because "she has not been charged with a crime."

Was Harvey Weinstein's identity protected when he had not been charged with a crime, but there was only an accusation of misconduct?

I'm NOT saying that Harvey Weinstein's actions were correct, but why does this lesbian get favour from the news organizations?

Is it not because the homosexual agenda would rear its ugly head and complain with a passion about how she should have been protected from public scrutiny over the fact that she was a lesbian?

The news broadcasters forgot that if a heterosexual's misconduct is broadcast over the news media, so that he is infamous as a household name, that it would not be discrimination against the homosexual commiunity to also broadcast the name of a lesbian who is involved in sexual misconduct.

Also, WHY HAS SHE NOT been charged with a crime?

On another note, a inappropriate content star is going to get the key to a city? What is this world coming to?

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Currently in the news...a lesbian psychologist/social worker took sexual advantage of a veteran, and her identity is being protected, because "she has not been charged with a crime."

Was Harvey Weinstein's identity protected when he had not been charged with a crime, but there was only an accusation of misconduct?

I'm NOT saying that Harvey Weinstein's actions were correct, but why does this lesbian get favour from the news organizations?

Is it not because the homosexual agenda would rear its ugly head and complain with a passion about how she should have been protected from public scrutiny over the fact that she was a lesbian?

The news broadcasters forgot that if a heterosexual's misconduct is broadcast over the news media, so that he is infamous as a household name, that it would not be discrimination against the homosexual commiunity to also broadcast the name of a lesbian who is involved in sexual misconduct.

On another note, a inappropriate content star is going to get the key to a city? What is this world coming to?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Currently in the news...a lesbian psychologist/social worker took sexual advantage of a veteran, and her identity is being protected, because "she has not been charged with a crime." (snip)
Link? :scratch:

I suspect it's going to the same place it always has. :wave:
tulc(will watch for the link to that article) :)

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Link? :scratch:

I suspect it's going to the same place it always has. :wave:
tulc(will watch for the link to that article) :)
You think of me as a liar?

I didn't get this news off of the internet, I heard it on the local broadcast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think of me as a liar?
I think if you have support for the things you're saying then you should present it. Seems easy enough. :wave:

I didn't get this news off of the internet, I heard it on the local broadcast.
Even easier: pretty much every news channel has a website where they post all their stories, find that site and post a link to where the story is posted. :)
tulc(is fond of people supporting the claims they make) ;)

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It's not that important to me. If you want to think of me as a liar, go right ahead. I don't want to go to the trouble of doing all that. I don't really even remember what channel it was that I was watching at the time; it might have been channel 7 where I live. If you want to do the research then by all means do so; I'm certain you will find evidence of the report if you do.

When it comes to Bible doctrine, I will always support my claims with biblical evidence. But I basically expect that people are not going to call me a liar when I share something that I heard. Those who saw and heard the report know that I am not falsifying information.

Just like when Paul said that there were over 500 people who were witnesses of the resurrection, some of which were still alive. Those people were alive to confirm what Paul had said; so it was enough.

Now I don't know if anyone who saw that report will happen upon this thread and confirm that what I have said was accurate; but I assure you that what I have reported is not an untruth.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not that important to me. If you want to think of me as a liar, go right ahead.
uhmmm...the only person in this thread who talks about someone being a liar is you, I simply asked you to post something in support of what you said. That's how forums work: you make a claim, you supply something to support it. You could have misheard something, you could have misunderstood something someone said, you could be mis remembering something you heard. All of those are possible and none of them are the result of you lying. You could simply be wrong.

I don't want to go to the trouble of doing all that. I don't really even remember what channel it was that I was watching at the time; it might have been channel 7 where I live. If you want to do the research then by all means do so; I'm certain you will find evidence of the report if you do.
...you want me to prove your point for you? :scratch:

When it comes to Bible doctrine, I will always support my claims with biblical evidence. But I basically expect that people are not going to call me a liar when I share something that I heard. Those who saw and heard the report know that I am not falsifying information.
hmmm...here's something that should be easy for you to prove: point out where in any of my posts in this thread I said you were a liar. I mean there's only been 29 posts in this thread and no more then about 4 or 5 of them were made by me, so simply look through the posts I made and find the part where I said you were lying, then just point it out and we can all look at it. Simple right? :wave:

Just like when Paul said that there were over 500 people who were witnesses of the resurrection, some of which were still alive. Those people were alive to confirm what Paul had said; so it was enough.
You mean Paul was willing to supply support for the things he said when people asked him about it? :)

Now I don't know if anyone who saw that report will happen upon this thread and confirm that what I have said was accurate; but I assure you that what I have reported is not an untruth.
...or you could do like Paul was willing to do and offer proof/witnesses that the things he said was true. :wave:
tulc(thinks more of us should be like Paul or Jesus for that matter, He always offered proof for the things He said) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

what agenda?

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you ever visit reality you might be surprised.
Reality is that there was a conspiracy and an attempted coup against the DULY ELECTED President of the USA, and the media was complicit in this diabolical scheme. Now are you willing you face reality?

The OP is correct in that the MAINSTREAM media are under the control of Satan. Since Satan is the Father of Lies, all you hear are lies, half-truths, propaganda, and nonsense.

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think John Piper had an excellent response back when Trump was first elected.
Actually Piper did a GREAT DISSERVICE both to the President, to America, and to Christians by calling Trump "unqualified". That was a FALSE ACCUSATION by someone who should know that Scripture says.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God... Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (Rom 13:1,7)

So Piper dishonored Trump and is being praised for it? Imagine what Christianity has come to.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reality is that there was a conspiracy and an attempted coup against the DULY ELECTED President of the USA, and the media was complicit in this diabolical scheme. Now are you willing you face reality?
You have some proof for this? I think we'd all be interested in seeing it. :wave:

The OP is correct in that the MAINSTREAM media are under the control of Satan. Since Satan is the Father of Lies, all you hear are lies, half-truths, propaganda, and nonsense.
The irony of this post in defense of a man who on a daily basis lies about...pretty much everything is pretty funny. Been here: All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

or here: President Trump lied more than 3,000 times in 466 days - CNNPolitics
tulc(always turns his irony meter off before entering this forum doesn't want to almost lose an eye again when it explodes) :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...the only person in this thread who talks about someone being a liar is you, I simply asked you to post something in support of what you said. That's how forums work: you make a claim, you supply something to support it. You could have misheard something, you could have misunderstood something someone said, you could be mis remembering something you heard. All of those are possible and none of them are the result of you lying. You could simply be wrong.

...you want me to prove your point for you? :scratch:

hmmm...here's something that should be easy for you to prove: point out where in any of my posts in this thread I said you were a liar. I mean there's only been 29 posts in this thread and no more then about 4 or 5 of them were made by me, so simply look through the posts I made and find the part where I said you were lying, then just point it out and we can all look at it. Simple right? :wave:

You mean Paul was willing to supply support for the things he said when people asked him about it? :)

...or you could do like Paul was willing to do and offer proof/witnesses that the things he said was true. :wave:
tulc(thinks more of us should be like Paul or Jesus for that matter, He always offered proof for the things He said) ;)
It's not worth it to argue with you...I've got better things to do than to take up all my time arguing over something that doesn't really matter. If it were a matter of Bible doctrine, I would present the evidence. But you are trying to make me search for something that I don't really know how to find. If you know how to find it, then find it and satisfy your curiosity, since you think I might not be telling the truth in what I reported, to the extent that you want me to back it up with a report from internet news sources. You're just going to have to take my word for it...and if you don't, that indicates that you think of me as a liar.

And I know that you don't know me from Adam, so if you want to believe that I'm falsifying the report then go right ahead. It doesn't make a difference to me. Typing everything I've typed is less strenuous for me than to do an internet search to find what I'm looking for, it takes less effort. And I put enough energy into studying the word that I don't want to waste my time and energy doing internet searches. So if you doubt the veracity of what I'm saying, look it up yourself. Pardon me for being rude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,949.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually Piper did a GREAT DISSERVICE both to the President, to America, and to Christians by calling Trump "unqualified". That was a FALSE ACCUSATION by someone who should know that Scripture says.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God... Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (Rom 13:1,7)

So Piper dishonored Trump and is being praised for it? Imagine what Christianity has come to.

You didn't read all of Piper's article.

And of course, you will deny that evangelical Christians failed to render honor to Obama.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
It's not worth it to argue with you...I've got better things to do than to take up all my time arguing over something that doesn't really matter.
Tulc isn't arguing, he just asked you to reference your claim.

and if it doesn't matter why did you make the claim in the first place?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Secondly a Muslim proponent has said that Trump has made divisive comments.

The Muslim spoke accurately.

No, he is the President of the United States and the leader of the free world.

Past Presidents have been the leader of the free world. Donald Trump isn't.

Any comments in contradiction to what he has said would be divisive therefore in our country.

His own comments are highly divisive.

The President of the United States cannot make comments that are truly divisive.

Surely you jest.

He makes the rules as President.

No he doesn't. He shares that power with Congress within the boundaries defined by the Constitution.

Upvote 0